• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fl election results 2012

77zach

So, looks like we're screwed. Forget about open carry, the NRA may have to fight to keep shall issue and common law self defense laws like the "castle doctrine".

As a native it makes me sad to think I'll probably have to leave in the decades ahead. Freeze my butt of somewhere in the midwest 8 months out of the year, when my state gets fully New Jersified. What a pathetic nation we've become.

Please send money to Florida Carry. I don't have any but I'm going to send 20 bucks anyway.

(Actually, I'm editing this post. Joe Abruzzo is senate democrat, but he was actually very pro OC. And Ellyn Bogdanoff was anti OC anyway, so the the senate might not have worsened. I see lots of D's for the House though.)

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
So, looks like we're screwed. Forget about open carry, the NRA may have to fight to keep shall issue and common law self defense laws like the "castle doctrine".

As a native it makes me sad to think I'll probably have to leave in the decades ahead. Freeze my butt of somewhere in the midwest 8 months out of the year, when my state gets fully New Jersified. What a pathetic nation we've become.

Please send money to Florida Carry. I don't have any but I'm going to send 20 bucks anyway.

Hate to say it, but, toljaso. New Jersey with Palm Trees. Florida is a permanent blue State.

Until there is mass death with the collapse of urban centers, this nation will keep voting itself into destruction. The only upside is that those welfare-dependent voters are pulling the roof down on their own heads. Where will your welfare be when the system that provides it has collapsed under it's own weight?

It's sad to see the prophecy of voting money out of the tax coffers coming true. Not only have they been emptied, but now we're writing checks for trillions of dollars that don't exist. No matter what wealth and abundance you may have, if all you ever do is subtract from it, eventually you're screwed. This isn't complicated...

On the other hand, the sooner it collapses, the sooner we can rebuild it...

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think Romney was off on his figures ... must have been 50% on the dole...:)

I think that the poster has begun to realize a critical flaw in a republic form of government .. that one party can "buy" the votes if they so choose. And both parties do it, its hard not to.

I think the idea of Romney as a candidate was to push economic issues, which was a good decision. Its just that they picked a guy whose fixes to this issue included terminating employees and shutting down businesses. A critical flaw with Romney.

Should have picked a small business owner who never had mass layoffs or terminations and kept his business afloat in spite of government interference and could tell stories of his businessmen colleges would did have to shut down their businesses because they were not as business smart as he was.

But it was a choice the GOP made on its own, they never called me, an intelligent Libertarian who knew Romney was a doomed candidate because of his business past...I think that this is what people saw as his "business expertise" .. and if Romney saved businesses, I never knew it -- the campaign did not focus on this at all -- kinda defeating the exact purpose of having him as a candidate, right?

Shoobee

(Actually, I'm editing this post. Joe Abruzzo is senate democrat, but he was actually very pro OC. And Ellyn Bogdanoff was anti OC anyway, so the the senate might not have worsened. I see lots of D's for the House though.)

It's still pretty warm in Arizona (95F there last week) so you would not freeze there.

The ballot counting is not finished in Fla and we don't know how many boxes of ballots they have thrown into the ocean or hidden in the trunks of their cars yet.

Last edited:

Shoobee

I think Romney was off on his figures ... must have been 50% on the dole...:)

I think that the poster has begun to realize a critical flaw in a republic form of government .. that one party can "buy" the votes if they so choose. And both parties do it, its hard not to.

I think the idea of Romney as a candidate was to push economic issues, which was a good decision. Its just that they picked a guy whose fixes to this issue included terminating employees and shutting down businesses. A critical flaw with Romney.

Should have picked a small business owner who never had mass layoffs or terminations and kept his business afloat in spite of government interference and could tell stories of his businessmen colleges would did have to shut down their businesses because they were not as business smart as he was.

But it was a choice the GOP made on its own, they never called me, an intelligent Libertarian who knew Romney was a doomed candidate because of his business past...I think that this is what people saw as his "business expertise" .. and if Romney saved businesses, I never knew it -- the campaign did not focus on this at all -- kinda defeating the exact purpose of having him as a candidate, right?

You are quite smart McBeth. Romney was good enought to lie and B/S to the choir, but not good enough to beat a real politician. Good call.

I am surprised you did not see this coming.

Abe Lincoln gave us all a clue about it 150 years ago --

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

Shoobee

Hate to say it, but, toljaso. New Jersey with Palm Trees. Florida is a permanent blue State.

Until there is mass death with the collapse of urban centers, this nation will keep voting itself into destruction. The only upside is that those welfare-dependent voters are pulling the roof down on their own heads. Where will your welfare be when the system that provides it has collapsed under it's own weight?

It's sad to see the prophecy of voting money out of the tax coffers coming true. Not only have they been emptied, but now we're writing checks for trillions of dollars that don't exist. No matter what wealth and abundance you may have, if all you ever do is subtract from it, eventually you're screwed. This isn't complicated...

On the other hand, the sooner it collapses, the sooner we can rebuild it...

We don't know anything about Florida yet. They are not finished "counting".

There could be boxes of ballots floating in the ocean and washing up on the beach for a long time.

Last edited:

77zach

All I know is that if we're going to get OC, the sooner the easier. More black and latino voters mean more tyrannical politicians and more corrupt government (if possible) with every election.

Shoobee

All I know is that if we're going to get OC, the sooner the easier. More black and latino voters mean more tyrannical politicians and more corrupt government (if possible) with every election.

Wow. This is what killed the Red team this election. Deep in the heart of the T-party. This kind of mentality followed by the campaigning to allign with it. Wow. Just wow.

Last edited:

vyper

We need to get low income housing out of the state. get rid of it, End of problem

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
We need to get low income housing out of the state. get rid of it, End of problem

Then where will I live? Oh, right, in a different country... Almost all of the Chinese own their homes outright. Figure it out... If you have a mortgage, it's because you're irresponsible and cannot afford to live like you're living. Just as with tax debt, a mortgage spends money from the future. It's is privatized deficit spending, and it WILL fail. You can't all be captain of the ship. Somebody has to do actual work. We're seeing the same problem on a larger scale; getting it MORE wrong on purpose will not solve anything. The poor are the ones most often victimized by criminals AND politicians. They need their guns more than anybody! Scorn them instead of bringing them the message oftruth, and you'll never have their vote. The attempt of this mentality to screw it's head so far up it's own ass that it will come back out the top.... Think about it, please. It won't work. Obama said in his debate that he wants to go after the cheap handguns... the only ones poor people can buy. Gosh, how dare there be a mass of poor people you've raped and pillaged so much they don't like you anymore... Obama is leveraging it, you're alienating it. Thats why he got 2 terms. You're trying to be a snob like him, but he's better at it and exposes how you made them poor, while you say "Well, yeah! Screw you poor people!" They already hate you, and you added more fuel to the fire? DUMB!

Anyway...

The Republican Party has made a consistent mistake. Follow the Power. Since dubyah went nutso on us, the entire party has realized how it can seize power. It's what we call a neo-con. It's really just Statism. But, the Democrats damn near invented Statism. RINOs. So, we've seen the Republican Party gravitate towards squishy flip-flopping stand-for-nothing losers as it tries to hang on to neo-con power. It naturally gravitates towards becoming more like the Democrats because they're both trying to be Statists, but the ability to differentiate them disappears as they both become the same thing. Statism disguised as moderation. A point equidistant between two extremist stupidities, is just an indecisive and irrational mix of those stupidities. It's not a good thing.

Republicans need to realize that they will always lose until they stand for something again. Their craving for the Statist power the Democrats already represent and have is taking away our interest in voting for them. They have to give up that lust for power and return to their Libertarian roots.

This is why Bogdanoff got kicked to the curb. She stabbed us in the back. So her no vote was replaced with a new no vote. So what? How does that change anything for us? That seat is a no vote just the same as it was two years ago. She got soft and screwed us. Then, she reaped what she had sown. The only consequence is for her. We neither gained or lost anything by her sorry ass getting punted.

You're looking at this all wrong, and the Republican Party better start paying attention to ME! SACK UP! TAKE A STAND FOR FREEDOM AND WE'LL VOTE FOR YOU AGAIN! But if we have to pick between two different forms of Statism, we're going to pick the one with, by far, the most experience; Democrats. Democrats have been extremist Statists for loner than I've been alive! Johnny-come-lately neo-cons got drunk on it, and now they can't stop. They suck at it. They're heavy handed and nobody falls for their approach.

This is an opportunity for Rights, not a setback. Educate the politicians that continuing to be pussies will only continue to lose support. Support Open Carry and get your constituency back! Take a stand for something worth a damn!

Last edited: