• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny thing after the election.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Anyway, speaking of wives, mine insisted I buy 1000 rounds of 5.56 today:eek:

Will you be applying that to your National Ammo Day (November 19th purchase, or is this going to be just another "grocery" run?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
[h=1]Arizona gun dealer tells Obama voters, 'Turn around and leave!'[/h]

17af255dab09eac5bd5b2c7ff4a93e4b.jpg

May not be politically correct. Everyone has the right to defend themselves, but this is one company's way of making their feelings known.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by peter nap

How many times do I have to say there's nothing wrong with having one. I made my wife get one.
My fight is with P4P.....

Anyway, speaking of wives, mine insisted I buy 1000 rounds of 5.56 today:eek:
Can you clue me in as to what P4P is?

P4P = pay for perks, pay for permission = paying for a concealed handgun permit.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Will you be applying that to your National Ammo Day (November 19th purchase, or is this going to be just another "grocery" run?

stay safe.

I'll probably sell them to the spray and pray boys when the price goes up. :lol:

This is a real rifle and has a 1-9 twist. I need to go to a 69 or 75 grain bullet and push it hard. I shot it yesterday and am only getting 2" groups at 100 yards with the 55 grainers.

If I can find the bullets, Sierra 69 BTHP's should be near ideal.

The trigger breaks clean but 3.5 pounds is the best I could get it. I may stick a Rifle Basix trigger in it. I have one of their target triggers in my 270 Weatherby that breaks at an ounce and a half and like it.

I'll stop all this rifle talk next Saturday when I can carry a handgun again.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'll stop all this rifle talk next Saturday when I can carry a handgun again.

So, in your newest avatar - is that a dog hunter strapped over the front of the ATV? How much did they dress out at?

It will be nice to hear you whinging about perks for permits while you are OCing again, as opposed to listening to the double whinges. Not that your whinges are not valid.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So, in your newest avatar - is that a dog hunter strapped over the front of the ATV? How much did they dress out at?

stay safe.

No, Doghunters aren't in season until next Saturday!
That is lunch. Unfortunately, it only dressed out to about 75 pounds of lunch so I suppos it is more a few lunchables.

But my Whinges are so valid. I've been left defenseless while the CHiPpers are able to walk to the corner store to buy their lunchables...or get a cup of Lata, in perfect safety:banana:

I decided to go to the gun show today so we came back late last night. As soon as we got in Chesterfield, we were cut off twice (Chesterfield drivers are worse than Mary Landers)....and I was forced to make hand gestures. The last woman looked like she was going to get out at a stoplight so I reached for my 44. It wasn't there, only a Tomahawk.

If the light hadn't changed, I hate to think of what could have happened.

Last edited:

The Wolfhound

1 in 9"

My MSR with a 1 in 9" twist does not do well with 55grainers either but pretty much "one holes" with 62s. I have not had the time to check it with 69s 70s or 75s yet but one of these days I will get to find out. The wife's rifle (not in any way an MSR) was not good with 55s either. Since it can't be trusted with brass cases, we feed it steel cased Russian stuff. It likes 62s and 75s just fine with a 1 in 8" twist.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
My MSR with a 1 in 9" twist does not do well with 55grainers either but pretty much "one holes" with 62s. I have not had the time to check it with 69s 70s or 75s yet but one of these days I will get to find out. The wife's rifle (not in any way an MSR) was not good with 55s either. Since it can't be trusted with brass cases, we feed it steel cased Russian stuff. It likes 62s and 75s just fine with a 1 in 8" twist.

You have to drive the 75 grainers pretty hard from what I understand. Somewhere around 2800+FPS. I don't see a lot of point in it. Despite the fact that you can ring a 1000 gong with them, the terminal ballistics are terrible.

The gun is a 600 yard gun no matter how you load it so I'm going to stick with the 69 grain bullets and consider that the max.

Marco

You have to drive the 75 grainers pretty hard from what I understand. Somewhere around 2800+FPS. I don't see a lot of point in it. Despite the fact that you can ring a 1000 gong with them, the terminal ballistics are terrible.

The gun is a 600 yard gun no matter how you load it so I'm going to stick with the 69 grain bullets and consider that the max.

Yep, you can drive the 75, 77 and 80gr's to >2800+fps but I've never used them beyond 300 yds on anything but paper or steel.
I have found they work well but aren't worth the extra effort... 62gr is/was plentiful so that's what I have collected.

I do have an older carbon15 (early 90's pre bushmaster ownership) that prefer's 40-50gr's, it shoots heavier bullets just okay out to 200yds, won't win any matches with it. Lucky for me I didn't get it for anything like that.

I prefer my AR-10 in 243 (100gr Nosler partition @ 2900+fps from my 20"bbl.) to my AR-15's.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

I prefer my AR-10 in 243 (100gr Nosler partition @ 2900+fps from my 20"bbl.) to my AR-15's.

One of my all time favorite rounds - light recoil and true tack drivin'. I've had 5 shot targets that looked like 4 leaf clovers - problem is I don't remember what load I was using :uhoh:

Marco

One of my all time favorite rounds - light recoil and true tack drivin'. I've had 5 shot targets that looked like 4 leaf clovers - problem is I don't remember what load I was using :uhoh:

pet load: H4831- 41.0grs, 100gr Nosler Partition