• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post Election Views/ Path

Law abider

We had an election day skunk spray incident at my home. My house was filled with skunk fumes. I knew then that Obama will win, because the skunks were rejoicing prematurely. I can't seem to get them out of their den below my deck. I have set traps and they won't bite.

Anyway I know that our bill of rights will be shredded further. I am sure gun and ammo sales will be up. What are your thoughts regarding our CC/OC rights in Wisconsin. Now guns stores need a FFL to be able to sell guns and ammo. It is my opinion that any enumerated powers in the US constitution gives the Feds the right to regulate it over the states. Anything not enumerated in the US constitution, gives the states the right under the 10th amendment. If Obama decides to go after our guns by regulations aka making them more expensive to buy along with ammo and banning certain typer of firearms, what can the states do? What we as indivisuals will do? Ofcourse our buying powers will dictate what each one of us will do. One thing I have land and if inflation hits us, I'll be able to save on goods so that I can buy guns and ammo before they are out of my reach. I am not trying to be apopoliptic here. I am looking for a balanced approach. Do we need to save as in time of a planned 'famine'? My King is still on His throne and He has promised me that He will never leave me nor forsake me and I'll not be begging for bread.

What are all of your views??? After all we have got to know each other on the blog, some of you more that others like me.:question::question:

Last edited:
M

McX

We had an election day skunk spray incident at my home. My house was filled with skunk fumes. I knew then that Obama will win, because the skunks were rejoicing prematurely. I can't seem to get them out of their den below my deck. I have set traps and they won't bite.

put a sign out by your deck saying; free cheese give away, and shoot them when they line up for it.

pahleh

What are all of your views??? After all we have got to know each other on the blog, some of you more that others like me.:question::question:

I have entered into a period of mourning which will end with the expending of about 100 rounds at the local range.

After that I will fire up the email and contact every tea party and political group I have ever had contact with and ask the same question you did. A battle may have been lost but the war will go on.

Law abider

I have entered into a period of mourning which will end with the expending of about 100 rounds at the local range.

After that I will fire up the email and contact every tea party and political group I have ever had contact with and ask the same question you did. A battle may have been lost but the war will go on.

Yess sir!! I am going to sacrifice $ out of my petrol account and blast away at a target of my choice. Now that the Republicans are in full power in Madison we need to get busy improving our rights. I'll give dean knudson, Warren Petryk , Sheila harsdorf and Glenn, my friends, a blow torch to their feet so that we have the platinum plus gun rights in this state!!

Law abider

All of you who are in leadership position: MKE, Protias, Interceptor Nick Clark, etc... Don't let this defeat bum you out!! I'll get to see you soon. Wifey is 5 years older than me and suffers from migraines and I was uncertain if she could take the trip to Madison on Friday for a Saturday morn breakfast. The skunk spray brought them back.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
A #110 conibear trap over the entrance to the den or to an antrance under your deck will stop that skunk problem in short order, Just go to any sporting supply store and get one for a few bucks, or stop over at my place and take your choice, (although I'm not sure if I have anything that small) of the multitude that i have.

If you want, get a simple victor foothold trap, But if you want to mess around with a live sunk in a foothold trap, you're more daring than I am. I did that once when I was a young teen and did not have my .22 with me that morning. Never again.
Don't screw around with a live trap with skunks either.
Once you get that skunk, you can then use its carcass for a surefire fox set, and with the fox, you'll cover the cost of the conibear trap.

Law abider

A #110 conibear trap over the entrance to the den or to an antrance under your deck will stop that skunk problem in short order, Just go to any sporting supply store and get one for a few bucks, or stop over at my place and take your choice, (although I'm not sure if I have anything that small) of the multitude that i have.

If you want, get a simple victor foothold trap, But if you want to mess around with a live sunk in a foothold trap, you're more daring than I am. I did that once when I was a young teen and did not have my .22 with me that morning. Never again.
Don't screw around with a live trap with skunks either.
Once you get that skunk, you can then use its carcass for a surefire fox set, and with the fox, you'll cover the cost of the conibear trap.

I got mom or pop skunk this morning in a live trap that was set a few days ago. Got the 22 bolt action rifle, shot the critter... Phew!! the thing reeked !!!!! Got rid of the carcass and re set the trap for the next one with smelly compost. Now I stink!! wifey has put me away for the day and night!!!!

getting fox urine pellets to ward off skunks. Thanks for all your tips, my fellow OC/CC carriers!!

Firearms Iinstuctor

I got mom or pop skunk this morning in a live trap that was set a few days ago. Got the 22 bolt action rifle, shot the critter... Phew!! the thing reeked !!!!! Got rid of the carcass and re set the trap for the next one with smelly compost. Now I stink!! wifey has put me away for the day and night!!!!

getting fox urine pellets to ward off skunks. Thanks for all your tips, my fellow OC/CC carriers!!

There is a better way of deal with live trapped skunks then shooting them.

A 10 to 15 foot long on half inch pvc pipe with a syringe clued into the end. Fill the syringe with acidtone slowly push pole towards the skunk while talking softly to it. When the needle makes contact with the chest area slowly inject into the skunk.

Trick is slow and easy if the skunk starts getting worked up slow and easy.

When I was trapping I shot hundreds of skunks just to save time they all sprayed. But then a dirt hole set with a dead sunk in it is deadly for coyotes.