• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drive-by Shooting Two Nights Ago, At The House

OrangeIsTrouble

Depends on if the threat is still there. Who am I to assume the people in the street know how to aim for their intended victims only? Even if they can aim; drive-bys are not how civilized people solve problems.

Pow pow pow, screech....nothing I will do other than duck until it's safe and get out.

Pow x 15, 2 seconds, pow pow continues... somebody means business, and they can expect some from the other end. Not going to lie on the floor waiting to get hit by a round or two.

Eoso

Make sure your dvr is of high quality. You can have nice cameras with the capability of shooting clear video, but if your dvr is lacking, it will be all for not.

Beretta92FSLady

Just do to yourself what you've been doing to some of us for quite some time. Just ignore it, pretend it didn't happen, go off on a tangent (until you forget about it), toss off glib comments about it until it stops bothering you, or just contradict yourself until its stops bothering you.

I'm sorry for the victims; but I think you've earned the lack of sympathy from some of us.

Just sharing some Central District info. I'm not looking for sympathy.

Beretta92FSLady

[snippers]

No, its not sympathetic. No, its not PC--the approved response. But, it is entirely fair to tell her to use the same tactics on her herself that she's used on some of us.

Now, if you will please not defend her, she might get the idea that her forum tactics maybe need a change.

Personally, I am not a supporter of PC.

Don't count on me changing my tactics due to some trivial thing as you responding in a way that hurts peoples feel-bads.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Just sharing some Central District info. I'm not looking for sympathy.

Two evasions in one post. Typical.

One a falsehood. Writing that it is tough is not just sharing some Central District info.

And, a strawman argument. Nobody said you were looking for sympathy.

But, I guess 1245Defender can go back to defending you; clearly you didn't get the idea that maybe you need to change your forum tactics.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Personally, I am not a supporter of PC.

Don't count on me changing my tactics due to some trivial thing as you responding in a way that hurts peoples feel-bads.

Oh, trust me. Given your proven disability at handling truth--the various forum tactics I listed earlier--I definitely won't be counting on you for much of anything.

Beretta92FSLady

Two evasions in one post. Typical.

One a falsehood. Writing that it is tough is not just sharing some Central District info.

And, a strawman argument. Nobody said you were looking for sympathy.

But, I guess 1245Defender can go back to defending you; clearly you didn't get the idea that maybe you need to change your forum tactics.

Then I will restate: Sympathy is not welcome in this thread.

I got the idea that you think it possible, but I will not change my tactics.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Truth is subjective, silly.

Hahahahahahahahaha!

That is like saying morals are relative. While completely true, the relativists are using it to evade morals themselves, not examine the surivival value of whichever moral is under discussion.

Truth is completely subjective, but you are using the statement to evade truth, not face it.

My, my. What a coincidence that your subjective view of truth has you committing the list of forum tactics I gave earlier. The worse factor is your subjective view of yourself. If you had all that much confidence in your own subjective view of the truth, you wouldn't need to use the tactics I listed.

Beretta92FSLady

Hahahahahahahahaha!

That is like saying morals are relative. While completely true, the relativists are using it to evade morals themselves, not examine the surivival value of whichever moral is under discussion.

Truth is completely subjective, but you are using the statement to evade truth, not face it.

My, my. What a coincidence that your subjective view of truth has you committing the list of forum tactics I gave earlier. The worse factor is your subjective view of yourself. If you had all that much confidence in your own subjective view of the truth, you wouldn't need to use the tactics I listed.

So, a relativist stands on morals being relative in order to evade morals...or moral obligation? Let's say that morals are for survival and have value, morals are still relative.

You have not shown me any Truth.--what am I evading?

All I have is a subjective truth of myself.--a objective truth of self is an oxymoron.

I can view something as being the truth while maintaining there is only subjective truth.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
So, a relativist stands on morals being relative in order to evade morals...or moral obligation? Let's say that morals are for survival and have value, morals are still relative.

You have not shown me any Truth.--what am I evading?

All I have is a subjective truth of myself.--a objective truth of self is an oxymoron.

I can view something as being the truth while maintaining there is only subjective truth.

Hahahahahahaha!

Just more of the same tactics.

Instead of addressing the actual implied argument of moral relativists, you go off on a tangent and argue about moral obligation? Strawman!

Subjective truth of self. Another evasion. All anybody has about themself is a subjective truth of themselves. Evasion. I wasn't arguing that you didn't. And, it only takes the slightest inference to recognize I was saying the same thing.

Big omission: you didn't even address the point about your lack of confidence in your own subjective truth being the whole reason you use the forum tactics I listed. Nobody said you can't view something as truth while maintaining there is only subjective truth.

Hahahahahahahah!

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Hahahahahahaha!

Just more of the same tactics.

Instead of addressing the actual implied argument of moral relativists, you go off on a tangent and argue about moral obligation? Strawman!

Subjective truth of self. Another evasion. All anybody has about themself is a subjective truth of themselves. Evasion. I wasn't arguing that you didn't. And, it only takes the slightest inference to recognize I was saying the same thing.

Big omission: you didn't even address the point about your lack of confidence in your own subjective truth being the whole reason you use the forum tactics I listed. Nobody said you can't view something as truth while maintaining there is only subjective truth.

Hahahahahahahah!

I question the validity of my truth. I question the validity of your truth.

bmg50cal

Popcorn_02_Stephen_Colbert.gif

WalkingWolf

In watching her posts over the years, that's what she's been doing a lot of, moving.

Personally if it was me I would have got off the internet, started packing and looking for a safe place to live. Hell we shouldn't even have to suggest to her to move, she is a intelligent liberal. The very least she could do is ask Obama to pay for her move, and supply the movers, since he obviously is not going to put a stop to the drive by shootings.