Thread: video experts? convert QBX file

video experts? convert QBX file

I have some NHP dashcam video in their proprietary format, I think the system is called Flashback. I would like to convert the video from its QBX files to a common video format. Any help?

video experts? convert QBX file

You may need to use a video screen capture app since it looks like QBX can only be viewed with the proprietary QBXviewer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    I have some NHP dashcam video in their proprietary format, I think the system is called Flashback. I would like to convert the video from its QBX files to a common video format. Any help?
    They may have to allow you access to the system so that you can convert it, via video-taping it w/a camcorder. If you got it through a FOIA request, then this may be an option.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-07-2012 at 05:34 PM.

If they sent you a CD or DVD there should be an AutoPlay.exe file on the disc as well. When executed, that file should bring up the .qbx file which has an image to "Click to Play". When clicked it loads the QBXViewer.exe on the disc and your file should play. If you want to have the file converted to .avi, mpeg, or whatever, you might try downloading a free converter. I've used "Any Video Converter" and you can download it at http://www.any-video-converter.com/p...or_video_free/
    Last edited by usmcmustang; 11-09-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    They may have to allow you access to the system so that you can convert it, via video-taping it w/a camcorder. If you got it through a FOIA request, then this may be an option.
    This is going to be your best option if they didn't supply you with a viewer. The video means nothing if you can't watch it.

I'm having this same problem currently. Did the OP or anyone else find a solution?

FYI - AnyVideo Converter DOES NOT work with QBX files.

Here's the post where I've posted my quandry: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post2041810

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I'm having this same problem currently. Did the OP or anyone else find a solution?

FYI - AnyVideo Converter DOES NOT work with QBX files.

Here's the post where I've posted my quandry: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post2041810
    Suggest you send YardSale a PM ... he may not see your post...post back w/results

It looks like you solved the problem in the other thread.

What I did was use a video capture program on the PC while viewing the video with the proprietary player application.

I had to jump through more hoops to convert courtroom audio recordings. Public records that they won't provide to the public, and which are recorded in non-public formats... hmmmm.
    Last edited by Yard Sale; 03-10-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Banned
    It looks like you solved the problem in the other thread.

What I did was use a video capture program on the PC while viewing the video with the proprietary player application.

I had to jump through more hoops to convert courtroom audio recordings. Public records that they won't provide to the public, and which are recorded in non-public formats... hmmmm.
    You have a common law right to inspect court records .. fees could be associated with it though

It looks like you solved the problem in the other thread...
    Update - PROBLEM SOLVED!

And to answer your question, yes, I did. Sorry for the lack of an update - I'm in and out of computer range for the week.

I know this is old but wanted to put this out there. I work IT for a law firm and we received a dvd of dashcam video from a local sheriff. It wouold try to run the flashbackplayer but would always come up with this weird error "Failed to open URL. The system cannot find the file specified." Then when trying to open the file from the command line with flashbackplayer -file:filename.qbx I was getting Failed to open URL VFW Error: There is no common media type between these pins.

Really weird error. So turns out that most of our PC's are Dell 960's or Dell 980's. If I run it on a laptop, Dell E6410 or e6500 it works just fine. So it's something with the nvidia geforce 210 cards. My driver version of the dells that don't work are 341.44 with direct 3d version 10.1.

So to recap, this was all trying to open a dashcam video from an L3 communications package.
    Last edited by goofyfoot2001; 12-04-2015 at 01:52 PM.