Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: video experts? convert QBX file

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern Nevada, ,
    Posts
    721

    video experts? convert QBX file

    I have some NHP dashcam video in their proprietary format, I think the system is called Flashback. I would like to convert the video from its QBX files to a common video format. Any help?

  2. #2
    Regular Member battleborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    49

    video experts? convert QBX file

    You may need to use a video screen capture app since it looks like QBX can only be viewed with the proprietary QBXviewer.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    I have some NHP dashcam video in their proprietary format, I think the system is called Flashback. I would like to convert the video from its QBX files to a common video format. Any help?
    They may have to allow you access to the system so that you can convert it, via video-taping it w/a camcorder. If you got it through a FOIA request, then this may be an option.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-07-2012 at 05:34 PM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member usmcmustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV & Southern Utah
    Posts
    393
    If they sent you a CD or DVD there should be an AutoPlay.exe file on the disc as well. When executed, that file should bring up the .qbx file which has an image to "Click to Play". When clicked it loads the QBXViewer.exe on the disc and your file should play. If you want to have the file converted to .avi, mpeg, or whatever, you might try downloading a free converter. I've used "Any Video Converter" and you can download it at http://www.any-video-converter.com/p...or_video_free/
    Last edited by usmcmustang; 11-09-2012 at 05:01 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    They may have to allow you access to the system so that you can convert it, via video-taping it w/a camcorder. If you got it through a FOIA request, then this may be an option.
    This is going to be your best option if they didn't supply you with a viewer. The video means nothing if you can't watch it.

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    I'm having this same problem currently. Did the OP or anyone else find a solution?

    FYI - AnyVideo Converter DOES NOT work with QBX files.

    Here's the post where I've posted my quandry: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post2041810

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I'm having this same problem currently. Did the OP or anyone else find a solution?

    FYI - AnyVideo Converter DOES NOT work with QBX files.

    Here's the post where I've posted my quandry: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post2041810
    Suggest you send YardSale a PM ... he may not see your post...post back w/results

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern Nevada, ,
    Posts
    721
    It looks like you solved the problem in the other thread.

    What I did was use a video capture program on the PC while viewing the video with the proprietary player application.

    I had to jump through more hoops to convert courtroom audio recordings. Public records that they won't provide to the public, and which are recorded in non-public formats... hmmmm.
    Last edited by Yard Sale; 03-10-2014 at 02:31 PM.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    It looks like you solved the problem in the other thread.

    What I did was use a video capture program on the PC while viewing the video with the proprietary player application.

    I had to jump through more hoops to convert courtroom audio recordings. Public records that they won't provide to the public, and which are recorded in non-public formats... hmmmm.
    You have a common law right to inspect court records .. fees could be associated with it though

  10. #10
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    It looks like you solved the problem in the other thread...
    Update - PROBLEM SOLVED!

    And to answer your question, yes, I did. Sorry for the lack of an update - I'm in and out of computer range for the week.

  11. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    3
    I know this is old but wanted to put this out there. I work IT for a law firm and we received a dvd of dashcam video from a local sheriff. It wouold try to run the flashbackplayer but would always come up with this weird error "Failed to open URL. The system cannot find the file specified." Then when trying to open the file from the command line with flashbackplayer -file:filename.qbx I was getting Failed to open URL VFW Error: There is no common media type between these pins.

    Really weird error. So turns out that most of our PC's are Dell 960's or Dell 980's. If I run it on a laptop, Dell E6410 or e6500 it works just fine. So it's something with the nvidia geforce 210 cards. My driver version of the dells that don't work are 341.44 with direct 3d version 10.1.

    So to recap, this was all trying to open a dashcam video from an L3 communications package.
    Last edited by goofyfoot2001; 12-04-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •