• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

video experts? convert QBX file

Yard Sale

I have some NHP dashcam video in their proprietary format, I think the system is called Flashback. I would like to convert the video from its QBX files to a common video format. Any help?

battleborn

You may need to use a video screen capture app since it looks like QBX can only be viewed with the proprietary QBXviewer.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have some NHP dashcam video in their proprietary format, I think the system is called Flashback. I would like to convert the video from its QBX files to a common video format. Any help?

They may have to allow you access to the system so that you can convert it, via video-taping it w/a camcorder. If you got it through a FOIA request, then this may be an option.

Last edited:

usmcmustang

If they sent you a CD or DVD there should be an AutoPlay.exe file on the disc as well. When executed, that file should bring up the .qbx file which has an image to "Click to Play". When clicked it loads the QBXViewer.exe on the disc and your file should play. If you want to have the file converted to .avi, mpeg, or whatever, you might try downloading a free converter. I've used "Any Video Converter" and you can download it at http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Last edited:

shadowed_stranger

They may have to allow you access to the system so that you can convert it, via video-taping it w/a camcorder. If you got it through a FOIA request, then this may be an option.

This is going to be your best option if they didn't supply you with a viewer. The video means nothing if you can't watch it.

Yard Sale

It looks like you solved the problem in the other thread.

What I did was use a video capture program on the PC while viewing the video with the proprietary player application.

I had to jump through more hoops to convert courtroom audio recordings. Public records that they won't provide to the public, and which are recorded in non-public formats... hmmmm.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
It looks like you solved the problem in the other thread.

What I did was use a video capture program on the PC while viewing the video with the proprietary player application.

I had to jump through more hoops to convert courtroom audio recordings. Public records that they won't provide to the public, and which are recorded in non-public formats... hmmmm.

You have a common law right to inspect court records .. fees could be associated with it though :(

goofyfoot2001

I know this is old but wanted to put this out there. I work IT for a law firm and we received a dvd of dashcam video from a local sheriff. It wouold try to run the flashbackplayer but would always come up with this weird error "Failed to open URL. The system cannot find the file specified." Then when trying to open the file from the command line with flashbackplayer -file:filename.qbx I was getting Failed to open URL VFW Error: There is no common media type between these pins.

Really weird error. So turns out that most of our PC's are Dell 960's or Dell 980's. If I run it on a laptop, Dell E6410 or e6500 it works just fine. So it's something with the nvidia geforce 210 cards. My driver version of the dells that don't work are 341.44 with direct 3d version 10.1.

So to recap, this was all trying to open a dashcam video from an L3 communications package.

Last edited: