• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

That didnt take long

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I could've sworn I already posted this:
"We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said.

U.S. officials have acknowledged privately that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on domestic gun sales and ownership because it would apply only to exports.

My question is if it affects importation of weapons for civilians.

I'd like someone knowledgeable in the actual treaty to get through the fear-mongering and tell us what it is really about.

I despise the UN, FWIW.

mustangkiller

I could've sworn I already posted this:

My question is if it affects importation of weapons for civilians.

I'd like someone knowledgeable in the actual treaty to get through the fear-mongering and tell us what it is really about.

I despise the UN, FWIW.

Hahaha I saw that about 30seconds after I posted this. To be fair, this does kinda need its own thread. Also, I completely agree, I'd love to see the rough draft of the treaty. Particularly the one Obama walked away from while saying it had nothing to do with the upcoming election and compare it to the new one they draft during the next meeting.