Thread: Question about Florrisant

Question about Florrisant

I have been wondering, is it legal to OC in Florrisant?

Founder's Club Member
    Depends on whether you accessorize properly. Carrying in chiffon or denim is an open question, too.

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself. When I saw the thead title, I asked myself, "Now, just what in the h(ell) is a Florrisant?" )
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-07-2012 at 11:59 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Torquemaster69 View Post
    I have been wondering, is it legal to OC in Florrisant?

You are good to go at last check.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Chapter 210 - Offenses, Article VII - Offenses Concerning Weapons,
    SECTION 210.380: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE

http://z2codes.sullivanpublications....=florissantset
    Go there.

My view is that the city code is vague and provides a path for a LEO to charge you if the LEO is so inclined. I have no evidence that suggests that FPD LEOs are so inclined to hassle or charge OCers. I avoid locations east of the "Big Muddy" unless compelled to transit on my way to/from White Oak.

6. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;
    Concealed is specifically addressed in paragraph 1.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

My experience is limited to open carry getting out of my vehicle on the street and walking to the front door of my mothers house. Her neighbors have seen this and know who I am. No phone calls or visits from the police.

Walking down the sidewalk on Lindbergh might be a different answer. I don't know. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Chapter 210 - Offenses, Article VII - Offenses Concerning Weapons, Go there.

My view is that the city code is vague and provides a path for a LEO to charge you if the LEO is so inclined. I have no evidence that suggests that FPD LEOs are so inclined to hassle or charge OCers. I avoid locations east of the "Big Muddy" unless compelled to transit on my way to/from White Oak.

Concealed is specifically addressed in paragraph 1.
    There is a subscriber to this site who has had contcat with LEOs there, no problems, he has told me he was witness to the apprehension of felons, no problems from LEOs while was Ocing during that encounter. I and others hace OC'd there without problems.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Well I live in Florissant MO. Unless my memory serves me incorrectly or some changes have taken effect that I am unaware of. OC in Florissant w/ a CCW is acceptable but, doing so without you may find yourself in a bad situation.

6. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;
    D. Subparagraphs (1), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

However REMEMBER that you would be in STL county which in general is off limits if you intend to open carry here you need to very carefully research EVERY muni you are going to be in. IN that area the rules change very quickly merely crossing a street!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

Re: Question about Florrisant

Correct. I live in Florissant also, and a CCW permit is required to legally OC.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2