• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about Florrisant

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Depends on whether you accessorize properly. Carrying in chiffon or denim is an open question, too.

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself. When I saw the thead title, I asked myself, "Now, just what in the h(ell) is a Florrisant?" :))

Last edited:

OC for ME

Chapter 210 - Offenses, Article VII - Offenses Concerning Weapons,
SECTION 210.380: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE

http://z2codes.sullivanpublications.com/sullivan/Z2Browser2.html?showset=florissantset
Go there.

My view is that the city code is vague and provides a path for a LEO to charge you if the LEO is so inclined. I have no evidence that suggests that FPD LEOs are so inclined to hassle or charge OCers. I avoid locations east of the "Big Muddy" unless compelled to transit on my way to/from White Oak.

6. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;
Concealed is specifically addressed in paragraph 1.

Griz

My experience is limited to open carry getting out of my vehicle on the street and walking to the front door of my mothers house. Her neighbors have seen this and know who I am. No phone calls or visits from the police.

Walking down the sidewalk on Lindbergh might be a different answer. I don't know. YMMV.

mspgunner

Chapter 210 - Offenses, Article VII - Offenses Concerning Weapons, Go there.

My view is that the city code is vague and provides a path for a LEO to charge you if the LEO is so inclined. I have no evidence that suggests that FPD LEOs are so inclined to hassle or charge OCers. I avoid locations east of the "Big Muddy" unless compelled to transit on my way to/from White Oak.

Concealed is specifically addressed in paragraph 1.

There is a subscriber to this site who has had contcat with LEOs there, no problems, he has told me he was witness to the apprehension of felons, no problems from LEOs while was Ocing during that encounter. I and others hace OC'd there without problems.

mechanicworkman

Well I live in Florissant MO. Unless my memory serves me incorrectly or some changes have taken effect that I am unaware of. OC in Florissant w/ a CCW is acceptable but, doing so without you may find yourself in a bad situation.

6. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;
D. Subparagraphs (1), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

mechanicworkman

However REMEMBER that you would be in STL county which in general is off limits if you intend to open carry here you need to very carefully research EVERY muni you are going to be in. IN that area the rules change very quickly merely crossing a street!