Thread: state of il conceal carry will it ever happen? your thoughts!

Angry state of il conceal carry will it ever happen? your thoughts!

hello everyone, i live in the state of il and every time its time to vote for conceal carry it dosnt pass! does anyone know why cc wont pass in il? also your thoughts on if you think cc will ever pass and happen in il? it makes me super mad esp in chicago and the suburbs i live in the only ones that it seems are allowed to carry is the police and the gang bangers!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Welcome to OCDO pgag86

Illinois not unlike Washington D.C. will probably have to be pulled kicking and screaming out of their personal, elite, and restrictive fortification.

Watch the court system to accomplish what the legislature has not done and will not do.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

back when indiana went to concealed carry months later the chief of police in one of the towns said in a interview sorry il,are crime rate droped and yours went up since we pass conceal carry. that is a law officer even saying and is all for conceal carry. my theory is the mayor of chicago has allot of pull and say in il going cc carried because he a little puss and prob thinks its going to make things worse for chicago but it will help lower the crime rate if criminals know that people are packing,and all criminals from indiana can go back home and rob people in there own state. sick of the one minded old farts we have in charge and the un educated on the subject of firearms. but what does the mayor care il state law allows mayors,judges to conceal carry,its just like the union once there in they dont want no one eles in!

Not now with Obamidiot still at the helm ...

Banned
    From my listening to the arguments in Morre v. Madigan (transcripts are available online via goodle search) in the appellate court, I think that the appellate court will rule that Illinois needs to have some type of carry.

This would be appealed to SCOTUS either way.

But I think, yes.

Re: state of il conceal carry will it ever happen? your thoughts!

Maybe? It will take decades most likely. The first step will be for the public in IL, to understand that their current laws put them at risk of being attacked, not protected from violent criminals, who by their nature will never follow IL, law.