• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

state of il conceal carry will it ever happen? your thoughts!

pgag86

hello everyone, i live in the state of il and every time its time to vote for conceal carry it dosnt pass! does anyone know why cc wont pass in il? also your thoughts on if you think cc will ever pass and happen in il? it makes me super mad esp in chicago and the suburbs i live in the only ones that it seems are allowed to carry is the police and the gang bangers!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to OCDO pgag86

Illinois not unlike Washington D.C. will probably have to be pulled kicking and screaming out of their personal, elite, and restrictive fortification.

Watch the court system to accomplish what the legislature has not done and will not do.

pgag86

back when indiana went to concealed carry months later the chief of police in one of the towns said in a interview sorry il,are crime rate droped and yours went up since we pass conceal carry. that is a law officer even saying and is all for conceal carry. my theory is the mayor of chicago has allot of pull and say in il going cc carried because he a little puss and prob thinks its going to make things worse for chicago but it will help lower the crime rate if criminals know that people are packing,and all criminals from indiana can go back home and rob people in there own state. sick of the one minded old farts we have in charge and the un educated on the subject of firearms. but what does the mayor care il state law allows mayors,judges to conceal carry,its just like the union once there in they dont want no one eles in!

davidmcbeth

Banned
From my listening to the arguments in Morre v. Madigan (transcripts are available online via goodle search) in the appellate court, I think that the appellate court will rule that Illinois needs to have some type of carry.

This would be appealed to SCOTUS either way.

But I think, yes.

Get2DahChopper

Maybe? It will take decades most likely. The first step will be for the public in IL, to understand that their current laws put them at risk of being attacked, not protected from violent criminals, who by their nature will never follow IL, law.