Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Where to buy guns?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lacey, Wa
    Posts
    3

    Where to buy guns?

    Hello, its been a while since ive gotten on these forums. Anyways, does anyone know where I(18 years old) can purchase a handgun?

  2. #2
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    A private individual who is willing to sell to somebody that is not 21 with a cpl.
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 11-07-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lacey, Wa
    Posts
    3
    is there a place or website that you know of that does that?

  4. #4
    Regular Member badkarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Duvall, Washington
    Posts
    330
    Better try seattleguns.net.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lacey, Wa
    Posts
    3
    Thank You!!

  6. #6
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    Better try seattleguns.net.
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  7. #7
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018
    Lol!!!
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kelso, Washington, USA
    Posts
    258
    Forgive me for sounding skeptical, but I think this may be a setup. Isn't it against state law for someone under 21 to purchase a handgun?

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667

    Where to buy guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
    Forgive me for sounding skeptical, but I think this may be a setup. Isn't it against state law for someone under 21 to purchase a handgun?
    No
    Live Free or Die!

  10. #10
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
    Forgive me for sounding skeptical, but I think this may be a setup. Isn't it against state law for someone under 21 to purchase a handgun?
    Carefully now: It is not legal for a FEDERALLY LICENSED DEALER to SELL a handgun to a person under 21.

    Got the difference...the prohibition is one the SALE (not the purchase) and then it only applies to an FFL.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Bill45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    160
    A person age 18 to 21 can purchase a handgun in a private transaction from a unlicenced non-dealer.
    It is not legal for a DEALER to sell a pistol to anyone under 21.
    I can't find the RCW on this but that is what I understand the RCW to be.

    So if you want to buy a handgun, you have to buy from a private sale. If I were you I would try the Puyallup gun show and find a non dealer (if any exist at the WAC any more) to buy from.

    Good luck.



    RCW 9.41.240
    Possession of pistol by person from eighteen to twenty-one.

    Unless an exception under RCW 9.41.042, 9.41.050, or 9.41.060 applies, a person at least eighteen years of age, but less than twenty-one years of age, may possess a pistol only:

    (1) In the person's place of abode;

    (2) At the person's fixed place of business; or

    (3) On real property under his or her control.
    Last edited by Bill45; 11-10-2012 at 04:01 AM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill45 View Post
    If I were you I would try the Puyallup gun show and find a non dealer (if any exist at the WAC any more) to buy from.

    I don't believe the WAC will give him a badge..... No badge, no buy.
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  13. #13
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill45 View Post
    A person age 18 to 21 can purchase a handgun in a private transaction from a unlicenced non-dealer.
    It is not legal for a DEALER to sell a pistol to anyone under 21.
    I can't find the RCW on this but that is what I understand the RCW to be.

    So if you want to buy a handgun, you have to buy from a private sale. If I were you I would try the Puyallup gun show and find a non dealer (if any exist at the WAC any more) to buy from.

    Good luck.



    RCW 9.41.240
    Possession of pistol by person from eighteen to twenty-one.

    Unless an exception under RCW 9.41.042, 9.41.050, or 9.41.060 applies, a person at least eighteen years of age, but less than twenty-one years of age, may possess a pistol only:

    (1) In the person's place of abode;

    (2) At the person's fixed place of business; or

    (3) On real property under his or her control.
    This is not the whole law. When it comes to persons 18-21, (or anyone for that matter) you MUST read the whole law, especially the "unless an exception under.... applies".

    Read RCW 9.41.060 (exemptions) 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 can apply to the under 21 person, and (8) very specifically applies to EVERYONE...no age restriction


    Might want to start reading here: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.060

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kelso, Washington, USA
    Posts
    258
    Ok, yeah I just was making sure. A bit of a brain fart, but it happens.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Bill45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    This is not the whole law. When it comes to persons 18-21, (or anyone for that matter) you MUST read the whole law, especially the "unless an exception under.... applies".

    Read RCW 9.41.060 (exemptions) 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 can apply to the under 21 person, and (8) very specifically applies to EVERYONE...no age restriction


    Might want to start reading here: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.060
    It looks like 9.41.060 is in reference to carrying a firearm. The original request was Where to purchase a handgun.

    I would seem the answer is: If you are under 21 you can only legaly purchase from a private individual.
    Last edited by Bill45; 11-11-2012 at 04:47 AM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Bill45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post
    I don't believe the WAC will give him a badge..... No badge, no buy.
    Yes they will. But he has to be sponsered by a regular or life member. Then he will be an associate member.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •