Thread: Couldn't happen to a better person?

Couldn't happen to a better person?

Why is it I am having so much trouble feeling anything but schadenfreud? (OK, I probably misspelled it)

stay safe.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/11/07/...aks-probation/

One of Mike Bloomberg’s allies in Mayors Against Illegal Guns who only left the coalition when she had to resign from office when convicted of multiple crimes is in the court system again. After reaching a deal with prosecutors, she’s already in violation of her probation.
    Court records show former Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon has been charged with violating her probation on theft and perjury charges.Dixon, a Democrat, resigned in 2010 after she pleaded guilty to lying about gifts from her former boyfriend, a developer who received tax breaks from the city. She was also convicted of stealing about $500 in gift cards donated to the city for needy families.
    That’s right, Bloomberg’s gun control project had him working with a mayor who stole gifts for families in poverty, and even when the court allowed her probation, she still couldn’t keep herself out of trouble. I guess this means we need to give his project a new nickname – Illegaler Mayors Against Guns.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    schadenfreud? (OK, I probably misspelled it)
    You missed an e at the end, but atleast you didn't butcher the word. So close enough.

I second the motion to change their name to Illegal Mayors Against Guns!

Were they felony charges she got probation for? Or the new ones?

We could call the group.....Felons against guns.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    Were they felony charges she got probation for? Or the new ones?

We could call the group.....Felons against guns. (***)
    How about once someone is out of jail it's like all of their rights are recognized again.

Jail is not about justice anymore.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    How about once someone is out of jail it's like all of their rights are recognized again.

Jail is not about justice anymore.

The criminal justice system isn't about justice anymore either. I agree that when your time is served you should have all civil rights reinstated. If someone is too dangerous to let them out and have a firearm, then they should remain behind bars. And I'm a criminal justice minor currently studying the topic
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Is anyone keeping a master list of all MAIG members and the specific crimes they have been convicted (or accused) of?
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sega View Post
    Is anyone keeping a master list of all MAIG members and the specific crimes they have been convicted (or accused) of?
    SAF is http://saf.org/images/maig.pdf I'm sure they will keep it updated. I still believe the group is incorrectly named, it should be Illegal Mayors Against Guns.