• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Couldn't happen to a better person?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Why is it I am having so much trouble feeling anything but schadenfreud? (OK, I probably misspelled it)

stay safe.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/11/07/a-former-bloomberg-gun-control-ally-breaks-probation/

One of Mike Bloomberg’s allies in Mayors Against Illegal Guns who only left the coalition when she had to resign from office when convicted of multiple crimes is in the court system again. After reaching a deal with prosecutors, she’s already in violation of her probation.
Court records show former Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon has been charged with violating her probation on theft and perjury charges.Dixon, a Democrat, resigned in 2010 after she pleaded guilty to lying about gifts from her former boyfriend, a developer who received tax breaks from the city. She was also convicted of stealing about $500 in gift cards donated to the city for needy families.
That’s right, Bloomberg’s gun control project had him working with a mayor who stole gifts for families in poverty, and even when the court allowed her probation, she still couldn’t keep herself out of trouble. I guess this means we need to give his project a new nickname – Illegaler Mayors Against Guns.

We-the-People

How about once someone is out of jail it's like all of their rights are recognized again.

Jail is not about justice anymore.

The criminal justice system isn't about justice anymore either. I agree that when your time is served you should have all civil rights reinstated. If someone is too dangerous to let them out and have a firearm, then they should remain behind bars. And I'm a criminal justice minor currently studying the topic