Thread: Las Vegas Gun Show

Las Vegas Gun Show

Hey guys, it looks like I may have enough to finally buy my new firearm maybe Dec or definitely in January. So I remember how people have told me so many times about the great deals at the LVGS and so I figured this time I'll go there to buy my new weapon instead of a dealer in town. This brings the question to mind about how the event is and the selection. Does anyone here know if they usually have XDM's or Glock 22's there for sale? Also do you guys know the average price (since I hear they have good deals I figure they mean cheaper than the dealers), just like to know what to expect. Or should I stick with just going to a local dealer again?

Where is this particular show?

The few gun shows I've gone to in the last decade were mostly licensed dealers with no better pricing than the stores in town. But you will get a selection of just about everything that is on the market.

If you know what you want, just buy on the Internet and ship to a local transferring dealer. Otherwise, it's best to form a good relationship with a local store like Wild West Guns, pay a little bit extra, and have awesome customer service forever.
    Last edited by MAC702; 11-08-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Where is this particular show?

The few gun shows I've gone to in the last decade were mostly licensed dealers with no better pricing than the stores in town. But you will get a selection of just about everything that is on the market.

If you know what you want, just buy on the Internet and ship to a local transferring dealer. Otherwise, it's best to form a good relationship with a local store like Wild West Guns, pay a little bit extra, and have awesome customer service forever.
    Kinda had a feeling that was the case. The one I'm talking about is usually at Cashman Center several times a year. Then I guess I'll need to find a dealer in my area then. Not gonna pay to go to a show then pay the same price for the weapon I can get at any dealer (usually).

Anyone know a good store in town around Durango & 95 area?

I went to the last two Cashman in October and Sports Center last weekend. MAC is right, about the same prices as I see on cheaper than dirt or buds. Honestly feel if you shop around even locally and look for the right deal that you can find a price you can live with. Look on backpage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MP_4_Life View Post
    ...Anyone know a good store in town around Durango & 95 area?
    My favorite store (and I've lived in Clark County since Ralph Lamb was sheriff) is Wild West Guns on Wynn Road and Ali Baba, a few blocks north of Russell, under the Hacienda overpass. They're about to celebrate their one-year anniversary in Las Vegas, but have been a well-known custom gunsmith and store in Anchorage for long time.

They specifically, by signage, welcome open carriers and all armed patrons.

Ignore the price on the shelf. Because of the different markets of their stores, the tags all are preprinted with MSRP. Just ask what your price is.

They know me. Tell them I sent you, especially the cute one; and I don't mean Jerimy (the owner)...
    Last edited by MAC702; 11-08-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Hm... sounds interesting mac, thank you I'll definite check out any place to recommend that much. And i appreciate everyone's advice.

I agree with MAC702, Wild West Guns is the best store I have ever gone to down here.