• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Las Vegas Gun Show

MP_4_Life

Hey guys, it looks like I may have enough to finally buy my new firearm maybe Dec or definitely in January. So I remember how people have told me so many times about the great deals at the LVGS and so I figured this time I'll go there to buy my new weapon instead of a dealer in town. This brings the question to mind about how the event is and the selection. Does anyone here know if they usually have XDM's or Glock 22's there for sale? Also do you guys know the average price (since I hear they have good deals I figure they mean cheaper than the dealers), just like to know what to expect. Or should I stick with just going to a local dealer again?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Where is this particular show?

The few gun shows I've gone to in the last decade were mostly licensed dealers with no better pricing than the stores in town. But you will get a selection of just about everything that is on the market.

If you know what you want, just buy on the Internet and ship to a local transferring dealer. Otherwise, it's best to form a good relationship with a local store like Wild West Guns, pay a little bit extra, and have awesome customer service forever.

Last edited:

MP_4_Life

Where is this particular show?

The few gun shows I've gone to in the last decade were mostly licensed dealers with no better pricing than the stores in town. But you will get a selection of just about everything that is on the market.

If you know what you want, just buy on the Internet and ship to a local transferring dealer. Otherwise, it's best to form a good relationship with a local store like Wild West Guns, pay a little bit extra, and have awesome customer service forever.

Kinda had a feeling that was the case. The one I'm talking about is usually at Cashman Center several times a year. Then I guess I'll need to find a dealer in my area then. Not gonna pay to go to a show then pay the same price for the weapon I can get at any dealer (usually).

Anyone know a good store in town around Durango & 95 area?

cageless4492

I went to the last two Cashman in October and Sports Center last weekend. MAC is right, about the same prices as I see on cheaper than dirt or buds. Honestly feel if you shop around even locally and look for the right deal that you can find a price you can live with. Look on backpage as well.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Anyone know a good store in town around Durango & 95 area?

My favorite store (and I've lived in Clark County since Ralph Lamb was sheriff) is Wild West Guns on Wynn Road and Ali Baba, a few blocks north of Russell, under the Hacienda overpass. They're about to celebrate their one-year anniversary in Las Vegas, but have been a well-known custom gunsmith and store in Anchorage for long time.

They specifically, by signage, welcome open carriers and all armed patrons.

Ignore the price on the shelf. Because of the different markets of their stores, the tags all are preprinted with MSRP. Just ask what your price is.

They know me. Tell them I sent you, especially the cute one; and I don't mean Jerimy (the owner)...

Last edited: