• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lost Dog Cafe

Nicholas A.

Just went down to Lost Dog Cafe for lunch. I open carried in and no one said anything to me, I made sure I was seated on the restaurant side rather then the bar side to avoid any problems. Its a nice little place that mostly does subs and some pastas and pizza. Might be worth checking out, it seems they also do some work with animal shelters or give money to help them so just a little food for thought

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Thank you for the report.

It's never easy being the first one (or the first you know of) to check a place out, but now we know.

Nicholas A.

True, honestly for me the most nerve racking part was pulling over to the shoulder of 495 to get the case out of my trunk, putting my handgun in my holster and merging back into normal traffic lanes, but such is the price of living in MD and making my trek into VA

GreatDaneMan

True, honestly for me the most nerve racking part was pulling over to the shoulder of 495 to get the case out of my trunk, putting my handgun in my holster and merging back into normal traffic lanes, but such is the price of living in MD and making my trek into VA

Rest stops or gas stations for that? Risky un needed move.

Nicholas A.

I'm still working on a good spot to stop so that I might arm myself. First time I armed in the parkinglot of a shopping center I was going to and felt a little uneasy about it because of so many people going about around while I was pulling out the gun from its case and then holstering it, while on 495 I was just a little nervous about pulling back into traffic. I'm still finding a good spot that will be a balance

GreatDaneMan

I'm still working on a good spot to stop so that I might arm myself. First time I armed in the parkinglot of a shopping center I was going to and felt a little uneasy about it because of so many people going about around while I was pulling out the gun from its case and then holstering it, while on 495 I was just a little nervous about pulling back into traffic. I'm still finding a good spot that will be a balance

I wouldnt be popping it into the holster outside the car at either place. What about taking the case back into the car and holstering there in semi-private? Maybe im just odd.

Nicholas A.

I wouldnt be popping it into the holster outside the car at either place. What about taking the case back into the car and holstering there in semi-private? Maybe im just odd.

I do that. I've never once pulled it out of the case and transitioned into my holster outside of the car because of a higher chance of a man with a gun call or brandishing charge. The reason I had thought of pull over to side of 495 is 1) wide shoulder, 2) if people look over they are passing at 60+ mph and might only catch a glimpse as opposed to in a parking lot where someone walking by can stop easily look in and cause more problems. Just my personal thoughts. If I do pass by a rest stop I will try that out, however the areas I have driven in VA haven't taken me past any. I'm not trying to seem like a know it all or anything, these are just my feelings and my thoughts on it and if I am wrong or there are better places and suggestion then I am open to trying different places and sort of feeling them out and going from there.