Thread: CC license inMA

CC license inMA

I live in MA. As far as I know it's up to the local C.O.P. to issue or deny my application. All of my DUI since 1994 are dismissed, no convictions. 3 restraining orders also dismissed.No other charges. So it's up to the Chief. I passed the handgun training (100% tyvm) I would like to bolster my chances by additional instruction. The instructor also offers handgun retention, I would think that is a variation of close quarters combat, and range shooting. All I want is to be able to own a handgun, I have no need to carry it it around. Is the additional training a good idea , YES I know there is never too much training,to enhance my acceptance or is my record too sullied to ask?At the very least I will get my FID card to own long guns but I'd like to get my carry permit.Would legal advice be appropiate? Any serious input is appriciated

Go to GOAL website, see summary details on what you need to have in place to start the process.

If you have a concern, see a lawyer.

FID, if you are OK legally, is shall issue after that. Start there.

You do not want to go for LTC if you do not know you will be denied. Will hold it against you.

For your town, may not make a difference but in some towns helps to be in a gun club.

Look up LTC, Class A vs Class B differences.

There are more details. You have to prepare, and be prepared if you have questions or concerns.

Did you get it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Carryon View Post
    Go to GOAL website, see summary details on what you need to have in place to start the process.

If you have a concern, see a lawyer.

FID, if you are OK legally, is shall issue after that. Start there.

You do not want to go for LTC if you do not know you will be denied. Will hold it against you.

For your town, may not make a difference but in some towns helps to be in a gun club.

Look up LTC, Class A vs Class B differences.

There are more details. You have to prepare, and be prepared if you have questions or concerns.
    Old thread, but I'll touch on this anyways, Yes FID's are Shall Issue, but by practice so are LTC's, It's an UNRESTRCITED LTC that can get iffy in anti jurisdictions. In most places outside the cities Unrestricted LTC's are the norm and usually not a big deal to get. But you still apply for an unrestricted LTC-A every time, they cost the same as FID, so it's crazy not to. Worst case they restrict it, but at least you tried.

WITH THAT SAID, If there were ever a time where a COP would use their "moral" gray area that they have THIS would be the case, "All of my DUI"??? as in more than one? Plus 3 restraining orders! Dismissed or not it shows a bad pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Old thread, but I'll touch on this anyways, Yes FID's are Shall Issue, but by practice so are LTC's, It's an UNRESTRCITED LTC that can get iffy in anti jurisdictions. In most places outside the cities Unrestricted LTC's are the norm and usually not a big deal to get. But you still apply for an unrestricted LTC-A every time, they cost the same as FID, so it's crazy not to. Worst case they restrict it, but at least you tried.

WITH THAT SAID, If there were ever a time where a COP would use their "moral" gray area that they have THIS would be the case, "All of my DUI"??? as in more than one? Plus 3 restraining orders! Dismissed or not it shows a bad pattern.
    Soooo...he's a hothead who happens to be a decent shot?

Last edited by CT Barfly; 09-05-2013 at 08:08 PM.