• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The coming Revolution.

Freedom1Man

Is the writing on the wall? I don't know - the best I can do is be ready. And if the SHTF - all I want is to stay alive and stay out of the way. Regardless of who is in power or what they may or may not say or do, I will continue to speak of freedom and live as a free man.

I will guess that you have no idea what freedom means.

You have a SSN and live not as a free man but, rather you live in fear of the IRS.

If you believe that you don't have the rights to fruits of your labor (by believing the government can tax your earnings) then you live as a slave with the illusion of freedom. Like most people on this forum and in this country.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Lets hope there is no revolution anytime soon. Historically, revolutions install demagogues just as bad or worse than the overthrown. The American Revolution was a bit of a rarity.

Remember, the majority of the people do not know or want a government that leaves them alone. They want a government that gives them something, can be used to give them an advantage over others, or can be used to force their ideas on others. I think what happens is people support the demagogue who promises them whatever. H. L. Mencken's comment that democracy stands for the idea that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard has some application. They just get it harder and faster by supporting a demagogue who attains dictatorship via revolution.

It occurs to me that the English have a knack for obtaining liberty without revolution. In 1215 the nobles arose under arms against King John and got him to concede Magna Carta but they allowed John to remain king. Similar for Charles I. After winning the first civil war, Cromwell & Co spent time and energy trying to convince him to mend his ways rather than kill him. If Charles had shaped up, he would have remained king. Cromwell & Co. only beheaded him after Charles fomented the second civil war from his prison cell and refused to give up his claim that divine right gave him authority no one else could question. I wonder if Thomas Jefferson had this in mind when he wrote that there should be an armed rebellion every twenty years to remind the government that the people preserve the spirit of resistance.

Anyway, lets hope there is no revolution. Not only is there no guarantee the winner would be any better, history shows the winner could very well be worse.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I will guess that you have no idea what freedom means.

You have a SSN and live not as a free man but, rather you live in fear of the IRS.

If you believe that you don't have the rights to fruits of your labor (by believing the government can tax your earnings) then you live as a slave with the illusion of freedom. Like most people on this forum and in this country.

FDR used the promise of govt old age protection to trick people into being numbered. Can't have a earnings tax without tracking the people. Hitler instituted national health care to manage the people, so now we have national health care.

Beretta92FSLady

FDR used the promise of govt old age protection to trick people into being numbered. Can't have a earnings tax without tracking the people. Hitler instituted national health care to manage the people, so now we have national health care.

Hitler also carried a handgun at his side, I suppose all of us OC'r are supporters of Hitler. Hitler also wore a hat, and I have met a number of OC'rs that wear hats.

Obama gets haircuts, so do most individuals, as did Hitler.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Hitler also carried a handgun at his side, I suppose all of us OC'r are supporters of Hitler. Hitler also wore a hat, and I have met a number of OC'rs that wear hats.

Obama gets haircuts, so do most individuals, as did Hitler.

Really do you have a cite for that? And if true Hitler was a military leader, just like Saddam Hussein or Fidel Castro. It is not quite the same as the people OCing.

Obama also read Mein Kampf...

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Really do you have a cite for that? And if true Hitler was a military leader, just like Saddam Hussein or Fidel Castro. It is not quite the same as the people OCing.

Apparently, you have never looked at photos of Hitler, where he wore a handgun at his side, a hat, had his hair, apparently, cut regularly.

We are in trouble, Obama is a military leader also.

WalkingWolf

Apparently, you have never looked at photos of Hitler, where he wore a handgun at his side, a hat, had his hair, apparently, cut regularly.

We are in trouble, Obama is a military leader also.

You have anything other than photo ops? What about Hitler's firearm policies? Was he for citizen firearm rights? Or did he confiscate firearms of the people?

Do you really want to go down this road?

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

You have anything other than photo ops? What about Hitler's firearm policies? Was he for citizen firearm rights? Or did he confiscate firearms of the people?

Do you really want to go down this road?

Let's take a trip, down this road, together:

"
And the truth is that no gun law was passed in Germany in 1935. There was no need for one, since a gun registration program was already in effect in Germany; it was enacted in 1928, five years before Hitler’s ascendancy. But that law did not “outlaw” guns, it just restricted their possession to individuals who were considered law-abiding citizens, and who had a reason to own one. And there’s no reason to consider that law particularly significant, either; the NAZIs didn’t seize control of their own country with gunpowder. They used a much more potent weapon: propaganda.
Under their reign, Jews were prohibited from owning guns, just as they were prohibited from doing many things. And it has become an article of faith among the gun culture that had they been armed, the Holocaust would not have happened (that is, among those members of the gun culture who know that the Holocaust really did happen). But the concept of a handful of citizens armed with hunting rifles and Saturday night specials fending off an army is delusional hubris peculiar to gun addicts. On American soil, its most glorious day in the sun has been perhaps Waco. And we all know how well that turned out. http://propagandaprofessor.net/2011/09/26/the-myth-of-hitlers-gun-ban/"

"OK, so the quote and cite are screwed up. What about the supposed law itself? Well, as described in the FAQ, 1935 "has no correlation with any legislative effort by the Nazis for gun registration." (Nor, for that matter, does 1936, the year you mention in your question.) Indeed, there was no need for the Nazis to pass a law like that, because the earlier Weimar government had already passed gun registration laws. When I asked Cramer about his reasearch, he said, "The laws adopted by the Weimar Republic intended to disarm Nazis and Communists were sufficiently discretionary that the Nazis managed to use them against their enemies once they were in power." In other words, they didn't need to pass additional laws. The Nazis did pass a weapons law in 1938, but that only added restrictions to the previous law, especially for Jews and other "non-citizens."http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1791/did-hitler-ban-gun-ownership"

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]

"Nazi Weapons Act of 1938 (Translated to English)

• Classified guns for "sporting purposes".
  • All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check.
  • Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law.
  • Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons.
  • The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats.
  • Juveniles under 18 years could not buy firearms and ammunition."
http://constitutionalistnc.tripod.com/hitler-leftist/id14.html"

Basically, there were firearm restriction, on certain populations, such as: Jews. There WAS NOT an outright ban on firearms, by Hitler.
[/FONT]

WalkingWolf

Let's take a trip, down this road, together:

"
And the truth is that no gun law was passed in Germany in 1935. There was no need for one, since a gun registration program was already in effect in Germany; it was enacted in 1928, five years before Hitler’s ascendancy. But that law did not “outlaw” guns, it just restricted their possession to individuals who were considered law-abiding citizens, and who had a reason to own one. And there’s no reason to consider that law particularly significant, either; the NAZIs didn’t seize control of their own country with gunpowder. They used a much more potent weapon: propaganda.
Under their reign, Jews were prohibited from owning guns, just as they were prohibited from doing many things. And it has become an article of faith among the gun culture that had they been armed, the Holocaust would not have happened (that is, among those members of the gun culture who know that the Holocaust really did happen). But the concept of a handful of citizens armed with hunting rifles and Saturday night specials fending off an army is delusional hubris peculiar to gun addicts. On American soil, its most glorious day in the sun has been perhaps Waco. And we all know how well that turned out. http://propagandaprofessor.net/2011/09/26/the-myth-of-hitlers-gun-ban/"

"OK, so the quote and cite are screwed up. What about the supposed law itself? Well, as described in the FAQ, 1935 "has no correlation with any legislative effort by the Nazis for gun registration." (Nor, for that matter, does 1936, the year you mention in your question.) Indeed, there was no need for the Nazis to pass a law like that, because the earlier Weimar government had already passed gun registration laws. When I asked Cramer about his reasearch, he said, "The laws adopted by the Weimar Republic intended to disarm Nazis and Communists were sufficiently discretionary that the Nazis managed to use them against their enemies once they were in power." In other words, they didn't need to pass additional laws. The Nazis did pass a weapons law in 1938, but that only added restrictions to the previous law, especially for Jews and other "non-citizens."http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1791/did-hitler-ban-gun-ownership"

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]

"Nazi Weapons Act of 1938 (Translated to English)

• Classified guns for "sporting purposes".
  • All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check.
  • Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law.
  • Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons.
  • The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats.
  • Juveniles under 18 years could not buy firearms and ammunition."
http://constitutionalistnc.tripod.com/hitler-leftist/id14.html"

Basically, there were firearm restriction, on certain populations, such as: Jews. There WAS NOT an outright ban on firearms, by Hitler.
[/FONT]
Sounds a lot like Obama to me...

http://www.stephenhalbrook.com/registration_article/registration.html

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Coal companies fire employees because President Obama is reelected, LOL. Businesses laying individuals off because President Obama is reelected. I wonder how some 'tippers' felt, deciding to vote Romney, and losing their job because the company they work for is gathering their toys together to leave the sandbox.

I bet a number of those fine American businesses are going to ship their jobs overseas.

eye95

Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

Almost all revolutions in history result in LESS Liberty, not more. The American Revolution is an anomaly. But was it really a revolution, or did we throw off what were essentially foreign interlopers who were interfering with the contextually unusual levels of existing Liberty?

I suggest that we take legal, but antisocial, action. Personally, I have declared a personal war on the US economy. I know that individually I cannot do much. So I am asking others to join me.

Stop pulling the wagon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

Almost all revolutions in history result in LESS Liberty, not more. The American Revolution is an anomaly. But was it really a revolution, or did we throw off what were essentially foreign interlopers who were interfering with the contextually unusual levels of existing Liberty?

I suggest that we take legal, but antisocial, action. Personally, I have declared a personal war on the US economy. I know that individually I cannot do much. So I am asking others to join me.

Stop pulling the wagon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
As I have said before, the power is not in the executive office but in the constitution. The problem is the people like being led like a calf to slaughter. The power of the states and congress was shown in two amendments, Prohibition, and the repeal of it. If the people want they can completely eliminate the office of president, we don't need a king. We need a federal manager, much like a city or county manager, I think they call it a prime minister.

Tucker6900

Necessary evil

I am a firm believer that there will be a war in the coming ten years. Since the ratification of the Patriot act, we have all been watched, recorded, detained, and arrested for reasons never thought of before.

It is the human condition that requires us to be governed. Its a fact of nature. The human race has always been goverened in one way or another. Now, Obama has taken that to the max, and will continue. Here is what I believe needs to happen to get back on track...

1) Reverse the ever growing police state that has infected this country. I am starting to believe that there are more bad police than good. And it starts at the top of the chain. From the chiefs, sheriffs, commissioners, all the way down to the rookie officer who has not yet had chance to unlawfully detain someone for nothing. In order to get our streets back, we need to push back.

2) Clean out the politicians. We need to flush the bad down with the laws they have created to protect the banksters and the FED.

3) Send a message to the white house that we are coming, and we are not going away quietly. If this country is to be ruled, I will fight to the death to prevent it.

4) WAKE UP THE NEIGHBORS!!! Be active, get out and tell people what is going on. Try to get them to realize that they just voted for another four years of hell.

There is a message to be sent. And that message is that they work for us. We order them. Not the other way around.

Freedom1Man

I am thinking some sort of internal collapse first and then after about 3-5 years of people starting to put a civilization back together the UN (or it's equivalent) will come in and try to 'help us' and to get that help we will have to give up our rights.

THEN I think there will be a full out war/revolution.

What happens after a collapse hits?
1. The military installations will be stripped of anything useful.
2. The prisons will no longer hold the inmates and they will run loose.
3. "Public" power and water will fail.
4. The people will start thinning themselves out one way or another.
5. A rebuild will begin without help from the outside.
6. The outside will try to control our people and that is where the fire fight is.

Who knows things might not happen in that order but you get the idea.

A dark age appears to be where we are headed though.