• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deputies: NM woman shot intruder in her home

jhow1nm2

ALCALDE, N.M. —

A 35-year-old woman says she shot and killed a man after he allegedly barged into her Alcalde home and tried to undress her at knife point.

The Santa Fe New Mexican reports (http://bit.ly/QqNnw4) that search warrant affidavits say the shooting Saturday occurred when 33-year-old Taos resident Lawrence Sandoval forced his way into the woman's home. She told deputies that she believed he followed her home from a gas station.

According to deputies, the woman says Sandoval grabbed a knife, put the knife to her chin and told her to take off her clothes. The woman told deputies she then reached under her pillow, grabbed a loaded gun and shot him. She fled from her home and called 911.

Officials say Sandoval died at the scene.

No charges have been filed.
http://www.kfoxtv.com/ap/ap/crime/deputies-nm-woman-shot-intruder-in-her-home/nS2Bn/

Freedom1Man

Oh that poor, poor, man, he didn't mean to do bad things. That woman with the gun is the real criminal. {/sarcasm}

That dumb ay hole had it coming. It's $#!tty that she was put in a situation like that. I hope she is okay and recovers soon.

Logan 5

That's awful. She didn't have to kill him. I mean, come on man.
Listen, cap'him in the knees and then disarm him. Then educate him. You know, tie him to a metal bedframe in the basement and whenever you feel like it, punch him. Kick him. Heck, give him a penectomy with a road flare. Give him a haircut using lighter fluid & matches. Do anything you want to him, just don't kill him. That's too cruel and inhumane.

Last edited:

RogueWarrior

Listen, cap'him in the knees and then disarm him. Then educate him. You know, tie him to a metal bedframe in the basement and whenever you feel like it, punch him. Kick him. Heck, give him a penectomy with a road flare. Give him a haircut using lighter fluid & matches. Do anything you want to him, just don't kill him. That's too cruel and inhumane.

are you a moron or are you being sarcastic

Logan 5

Sarcastic, of course. You can't tell?

Personally, I think she did a great job. man breaks in, bust a cap in him and get it over with. The man's trespassing. Of course, that's from what we know. There are always details that can add to or detract from the severity of the story.

Logan 5

Did you really ask this?
Not to be confused with Castration. Penectomy is the surgical removal of the penis for medical or personal reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penectomy (very graphic, parental discretion, yada yada)

That's not very graphic.

The right to self-defense in one's home is certainly the most important of all the rights that I can imagine. And in this case the woman is very lucky. I am suspicious, however, that as has been said by others already, I think there's more to the story than what we've read so far. There is always more to the story.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
That's not very graphic.

The right to self-defense in one's home is certainly the most important of all the rights that I can imagine. .

My first was the right to be free from taxation for just existing...this one went bye bye with healthcare bill.

My second wish was for all the children of the world to hold hands and sing a song to promote piece and happiness on Earth.

Logan 5

My first was the right to be free from taxation for just existing...this one went bye bye with healthcare bill.

My second wish was for all the children of the world to hold hands and sing a song to promote piece and happiness on Earth.

?

Samantha86

Really?! The guy had a knife to her throat! What was she supposed to do? Let him hurt or kill her? I would have done the same thing. If you come into my house with a knife and hold it to my throat, that is a threat to kill me! And I will kill you first! She did the absolute RIGHT thing! He would have killed someone eventually, glad he is dead and the threat is gone to other innocent women. Shame on you for defending this would be killer.

Samantha86

Sarcastic or not, this is not right to be posting. And it wasn't funny by any means.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Hey, Sam, lighten up. Sometimes the conversation gets a bit over the top. You do not have to agree and quite a few of us use sarcasm without the purple type. We all have the right to be as astute or as stupid as we can express ourselves.