Thread: I did a search, Mathew Stewart, 12 invaders kills 1 injures 11

I did a search, Mathew Stewart, 12 invaders kills 1 injures 11

Filming Cops
    Please listen carefully. A man's home was invaded by 12 cops. The man did not lie down and take a beating. Instead, he picked up his gun and defended himself against ALL 12 cops. He shot and killed one cop; he sent the others away limping and wounded. More details here: http://is.gd/wEgCzn. NOW, keep reading because is important:

The federal government currently has this man in court and is attempting to vindictively murder him via the "death penalty."

It is critical that you support this man to whatever degree that you can. If he is put to death, it sets a dangerous precedent for the rest of us, not to mention the violation of his intrinsic right to defend himself.

Please share this story widely to generate support and donations.

If you were to defend yourself against 12 cops, we would post your case here and do the same for you. We are all in this together.

Please visit this website where you can donate. If you can't donate, please share it. http://www.helpmatthewstewart.org/

Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you.
    ----

I just care about the story. The donations are not the intent of sharing this.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I did a search, Mathew Stewart, 12 invaders kills 1 injures 11

I'd like to know why the police were there. We're they executing a search warrant? What case were they building against him?

I find it hard to believe 12 cops randomly showed up at an unknown persons house and made entry.

He has the right to defend himself but if he is a fugitive from the law he also had the right to turn himself in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Google......

The cops allege that they had a knock and announce search warrant. The cops allege that they knocked and announced. A snitch told the cops that Stewart had a grow operation. The cops allege that they found plants, lights, and irrigation in Stewart's basement. The cops allege that Stewart ambushed the cops (Yeah, like a citizen who claims that he is being invaded, claims he is acting in lawful self defense, is required to conduct a frontal assault ala 1776).

The unintended consequences of Stewart's actions will be that SWAT all across the country will be more aggressive and more violent to mitigate the results of that botched search warrant execution.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Google......

The cops allege that they had a knock and announce search warrant. The cops allege that they knocked and announced. A snitch told the cops that Stewart had a grow operation. The cops allege that they found plants, lights, and irrigation in Stewart's basement. The cops allege that Stewart ambushed the cops (Yeah, like a citizen who claims that he is being invaded, claims he is acting in lawful self defense, is required to conduct a frontal assault ala 1776).

The unintended consequences of Stewart's actions will be that SWAT all across the country will be more aggressive and more violent to mitigate the results of that botched search warrant execution.
    I do not understand the need for these knock or no knock warrants. It is not like he had a prisoner inside and their life was in danger. It was pot. Just stake out the house. When he comes out or comes home for that matter jump out and safely get him. Then serve the warrant and enter. No knocks also put others who may live in the house in danger. We need to push politicians to do away with this busting down doors crap and rushing in. It may be cool in the movies were no one really dies. But not in real life.

Personally I believe that if there is no one in danger inside a house then we need to go back to a mans house is his castle. Keep the government out. Let em grow pot. Bust him when he leaves the house with it. Personally I do not smoke the stuff. But I could care less about it. My question is. In this day and age with camera phone did this citizen that seen them get a picture? Or did he just tell them he saw it? Heck I know people I don't like. I could just call the hot line and get them raided if that was all that was needed for them to get a warrant. And seriously. Is it really worth it to knock down a door and get someone killed?
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Founder's Club Member
    Will Griggs has an interesting commentary, which includes other situations that give both perspective and context.

Here is just one of some very interesting points he makes:

"He also maintains that he didn’t know that the armed invaders – some of whom had long, unkept hair intended to make them look like meth addicts – were police officers."

http://lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w290.html

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I pray that I'm never subjected to any sort of "dynamic entry" search. If I saw the two individuals pictured coming through my door with force, there would be shots fired no matter what they were wearing or shouting. Somebody will probably die, and if they're real cops it will probably be me.

Because I don't harm others or engage in felonious activity, I will never believe that anyone breaking into my home has any lawful reason to be there.

Think about it this way, what would it take to get a tac vest, some patches, weapons and some people together to do something like this?

I have a vest with hand sewn patches, they easily could say "SWAT" or "Sheriff" instead of my name.

So when someone kicks down my door, I will probably not assume that they are LEO just because they say they are. I don't blame the man for doing what he thought was protecting himself. I actually think I read something about gang bangers doing this.

Also, what does pot hurt, especially in the confines of your own home? Very little, I think alcohol is (in most cases) worse than pot. So why is alcohol legal and pot is not? Only because the big names in alcohol wants to keep it legal and the big players in the drug industry want to keep it illegal.

Like KYKevin said, what would have been wrong with serving the warrant at some better time? Like as soon as he exits his vehicle to go home. This is comparable to Waco, Texas. It seems like nobody wants to think things through anymore. Always with the "go fast" mentality and never with any finesse.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Think about it this way, what would it take to get a tac vest, some patches, weapons and some people together to do something like this?

I have a vest with hand sewn patches, they easily could say "SWAT" or "Sheriff" instead of my name.

So when someone kicks down my door, I will probably not assume that they are LEO just because they say they are. I don't blame the man for doing what he thought was protecting himself. I actually think I read something about gang bangers doing this.

Also, what does pot hurt, especially in the confines of your own home? Very little, I think alcohol is (in most cases) worse than pot. So why is alcohol legal and pot is not? Only because the big names in alcohol wants to keep it legal and the big players in the drug industry want to keep it illegal.

Like KYKevin said, what would have been wrong with serving the warrant at some better time? Like as soon as he exits his vehicle to go home. This is comparable to Waco, Texas. It seems like nobody wants to think things through anymore. Always with the "go fast" mentality and never with any finesse.
    Better yet knock on the door and serve the warrant.

A few weeks earlier, a woman named Stacy Wilson who had broken up with Stewart called the Strike Force snitch line to report that Stewart was cultivating marijuana on his property. After three attempts to conduct a "knock and talk" search of the home, the Strike Force obtained a warrant for a nighttime paramilitary raid – despite the fact that they didn’t even bother to do a background check on the accuser.
    (emphasis mine)

This should be damning for the police. They admitted that the only reason they went for a no-knock warrant was because the guy would not let them in his home voluntarily.

Knock on door.
    Citizen (not the forum user): Who's there?
    Police: This is the police.
    C: Please step back from the door, I will talk to you on the porch.
    P: Okay
    C: (steps outside closes door) How can I help you?
    P: Well, we've got a tip that you're (insert activity here) in your home and I would like to come in and look around.
    C: No, you are not welcome in my home.
    Next time
    Same greeting and stepping out on to the porch.
    C: What seems to be the trouble?
    P: We'd like to know if it was alright to search you house.
    C: I'll tell you the same thing as last time. No, you're not welcome here, and who is making this accusation anyways?
    P: We can't tell you that, it was an anonymous tip.
    3rd time same greeting.
    C: What's going on?
    P: Well we've received a tip that you're doing (insert activity) and we'd like to show that you're not. May we come inside and see that you're not doing (insert activity) in your home?
    C: I am going to tell you, again, that you cops are not welcome in my home. Unless you have a warrant and then that would be different.

(Police officer goes to judge)
    PO: We have a tip that Mr Smith is doing something illegal in his house.
    J: Have you asked him to let you look around?
    PO: Yes three times and he won't let us in without a warrant.
    J: Okay what type of warrant do you want?
    PO: Well since he would not let us search his home we want a no-knock warrant so we can show him who's boss.
    J: Done, here it is, happy hunting.

That is how I see that in my mind. It seems like judges just rubber stamp warrants anymore.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    It seems like judges just rubber stamp warrants anymore.

Proof of this was seen in the issuing of warrants in our state because someone made cartoons making fun of the police department. When it became public knowledge suddenly the warrant was withdrawn.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Guess it is time to install kick proof doors.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

That is how I see that in my mind. It seems like judges just rubber stamp warrants anymore.
    Judges are elected in my state. I make a point of not voting for the ones who brag about getting endorsed by the police. Personally, I think it should be illegal for the police to endorse any election candidate.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    The problem is that some states made it a felony to fortify. Apparently some drug dealers operating out of, say a run-down apartment building, fortified the door with bracing and numerous locks and what-have-you. They left only a small opening ala gangster movies and speakeasies to pass drugs and money.

The only statute I've personally read made it a felony to fortify in connection with drugs, so if the cops get in and find no drugs, the fortification statute wouldn't apply. But, this assumes they don't plant some drugs, say a couple little baggies or something, and then try to twist the statute's originally intended application to drug dealers.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    http://www.monolithic.com/stories/to...mer-storm-door

It's not to stop the police it's to prevent weather damage.

Founder's Club Member
    http://www.monolithic.com/stories/to...mer-storm-door

It's not to stop the police it's to prevent weather damage.
    "Yes, your honor. Weather damage. I was trying to keep the storm troopers out."
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-10-2012 at 04:48 PM.