Thread: What Do Shoobee and Emilia Earhart Have in Common?

Founder's Club Member

What Do Shoobee and Emilia Earhart Have in Common?

(With apologies to Hanna-Barbera)

Shoobee shoobee-doo, where are you?
    We've got some work to do now.

We need some help from you now.

You're ready and you're willin'.

We miss your funny shillin'.

You're gone without a trace, now.

You're completely gone, but how?

All we've got are our quotes, wow!

Its a mystery to me now!
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-09-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Did I here someone mention Honey Boo Boo... I mean Shoobee Boo Boo from "Here Comes Shoobee Boo Boo"?

Now I'm all confused...

Kool Aid overdose, perhaps?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Kool Aid overdose, perhaps?

Maybe he wasn't getting enough Shoobee snacks. Or, maybe a mod mummy got him.

The confusing part is that mod mummies usually moan an explanation when someone is banned, so the rest of us know what happened in the crypt.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-10-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

WTF is a Snoobee-doo?
    I've heard of a Scooby-Doo before.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby-Doo

Banned
    OP needs to apologize to more than just HB .. my brain hurts now

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    WTF is a Snoobee-doo?
    I've heard of a Scooby-Doo before.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby-Doo
    Its a play on words. If you missed out on his antics, Shoobee was a recent forum member who shilled for Obama. He maybe had 5% of posts for something else besides Obama and Dems. He claimed he was pro-2A, but despite some artfulness, some anti-rights attitude peeked through.

I used Scooby-doo here because of the rhyme. It seemed like a good fit also because of the connection between Scooby-doo and mystery---Scooby-doo was always solving mysteries with Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, and Fred.

Now, Shoobee is completely gone. Not just gone, but deleted. Every post and thread. The only trace of him is what other members quoted out of his posts in order to respond to him.

Usually the moderators explain what happened and why a person is banned so the rest of us know what happened. Not this time.

Thus, my playful way to bring it to the moderators' attention. I'm hoping they'll clear up the mystery.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    OP needs to apologize to more than just HB .. my brain hurts now
    You just need more Shoobee snacks to develop a tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    You just need more Shoobee snacks to develop a tolerance.
    While I noticed he/she was missing I did not miss them.

I am not sad. I am, now, curious as to why the total wipe though.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    While I noticed he/she was missing I did not miss them.

Oh, is that how its gonna be? Careful, or you might prompt improvement in the writing style and eloquence of the whole forum.

Although I doubt it. You can't even properly accessorize.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    While I noticed he/she/it was missing I did not miss them.

There, fixed it for you.

I put that sucker on "ignore" a while back. Don't miss he/she/it, either.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    There, fixed it for you.

I put that sucker on "ignore" a while back. Don't miss he/she/it, either.
    Just a little alert before a mod busts you. FIFY was prohibited some time ago by Forum Rule 15 or 16.

Frankly, I'm amazed it took so long to execute that guy. His constant personal attacks/harassment against a user of this board, professionally trolling every thread in existence, and just being a continual dick.

It is a testament to the patience of our admins & mods that they let him live as long as they did.
    Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without. -Hávamál 38

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical9mm View Post
    Frankly, I'm amazed it took so long to execute that guy. His constant personal attacks/harassment against a user of this board, professionally trolling every thread in existence, and just being a continual dick.

It is a testament to the patience of our admins & mods that they let him live as long as they did.
    I'm not. The mods don't pay that much attention--they can't. You would have to read pretty much every post of every new member as they occurred in order to spot someone. Or, deliberately review the post history of every new member. I imagine somebody got annoyed enough to alert the mods, causing a post history review. Also, we have no word on how many warnings he received.