• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video share: When should you shoot a "cop"

eye95

I didn't bother to read the initial post, but the subject matter demands comment.

You should never shoot a cop. NEVER. By the time you get to the point where you can morally and legally shoot a thug wearing a policeman's uniform, he has long since stopped being a law enforcement officer and become a criminal from whom you are defending yourself.

That will be a rare occurrence, but there are several anecdotes of it happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Freedom1Man

I didn't bother to read the initial post, but the subject matter demands comment.

You should never shoot a cop. NEVER. By the time you get to the point where you can morally and legally shoot a thug wearing a policeman's uniform, he has long since stopped being a law enforcement officer and become a criminal from whom you are defending yourself.

That will be a rare occurrence, but there are several anecdotes of it happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Did you even bother to watch the video?

sudden valley gunner

Lot's of good points made in the video.

There are only a handful of people I know who are brave enough to even exercise minor rights. Like the video says history is full of the citizens loosing.

SigsP229

I watched the video, interesting but not the first or second time I have heard this, having belonged to a cop observance group myself until recently.

I can hear the narrators passion in the video however, ( every loves when a person says however) there are few concerns I had with it.
Most crimes committed as a whole in other countries who have police are committed by their military. Police by design are ( so called) regulated by
the letter of the law and even crooked cops can become entangled for stepping out of it. Not so with the military, a countries leader and often one man can control genocide performed by the military. I was not able to find any mass crimes committed by a countries police force. This is not to say they do not commit crime, but not to the extreme the video hints. Also there is no constitutional right for a citizen to kill another person or as the video suggest police. The term deadly force is not granted to the citizens of the united states. It is however granted to most enforcement branches in our government. The topic says when you should shoot a cop, I think the question is when can you legally do so? I could find no case when on duty officer can be shot and killed. These laws exist in the same way judges can not be sued and other similar laws that protect the rights of those enforcing the law. If it right or wrong to shoot a cop ? Hell I do not know, but I do know that a shot fired be it in defense or anger will be met by the legal system with huge resistance. The right to shoot an cop will be clouded by the death of a cop by an armed citizen is what the media and your neighbor are trained to think.

Good video piece very interesting .

Sig

WalkingWolf

Small problem with his video~~If it is bad as he paints it, how did he get to post it? And has the government come to get him?

Granted I give him some points, it is just a tad bit exaggerated.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Lot's of good points made in the video.

I agree that he makes a number of good points. But, his magnitudes are out of kilter. He leads with mass-killer tyrants to connect lethality of law and cops in jurisdictions where there are no mass killings.

If his point is to show that it is occasionally necessary to kill a cop, he went about it all wrong. He could just show a few examples of cops showing AOJ on citizens and be done with it.

If his point was to foment rebellion, why bring cops into it at all?

If his point was to help break the mindset that it in never OK to kill a cop, he could just show a few examples of cops showing AOJ on citizens and be done with it.

If his point was to get people to stop automatically believing the cop was the good guy every time a cop died, that is to say, put a chink in the armor against never killing a cop, he could just show examples of cops showing AOJ, etc.

So, overall, I would say, first, I don't get. And, whatever his point is, there must be a better way to get it across.

EMNofSeattle

I can fill pages with the errors and the insanity in this video.

You don't have the right to kill any body. if you kill someone under any circumstances you are guilty of the elements of the crimes of manslaughter and/or murder. self-defense is an affirmative defense, meaning you must admit to those elements in order to use the defense. so when this guy says you have the right to kill cops, he's wrong.

You may not kill police officers to stop an unreasonable search of your property, killing a cop means you would have to invoke justifiable homicide as a defense, and in nearly every state justifiable homicide only applies if your life or limb or that of your family are threatened. someone just rummaging through your car or your bag is not justification to blow them away. If the search of your property is illegal you have the right to challenge that in court. we settle issues like that with arguments, not bullets. That's exactly what the Indiana supreme court said BTW.

"cop-killers" are not honorable people fighting for freedom, they're worthless cowards who don't want to go to prison. The idea that "cops" as we know cops were committing the atrocities of Nazi Germany is false. The german law enforcement structure had multiple arms, the "Cops" of Nazi Germany were the members of the "Ordnungspolizei" who conducted traffic enforcement, administrative law enforcement functions like permitting such, responded to service calls, and the like, also firefighting and other emergency services were handled by the "Ordnungspolizei" This force was not directly involved in the atrocities of Nazi germany, at least not to the best of my knowledge (some Ordnungspolizei units staffed by SS reservists did security work for concentration camps however, normally the units posted in poland, all of these policeman were really members of the SS and thus were actually soldiers of the Waffen and not ordinary police officers, the units I'm referring to were the domestic german units manned mainly by middle aged civilians or reservists who performed uniformed patrol and the like and were actual cops.). Atrocities were committed by active military units (of the Waffen SS, the general army or "Wehrmacht" wasn't usually involved in the death camps and oppression of the populace either) and by the "Gestapo" which was the "secret police" who dealt with political dissidents and assisted with the ethnic cleansing. it wasn't the lowly officer on the beat executing jews. the Ordnungspolizei structure was used after WW2, and in allied controlled germany, the remains of the regular police were used to conduct law enforcement after the nazi government was deposed (although they weren't allowed to carry guns by the allies until the 1950s) So saying your local sheriffs department is going to come and take you away to be oppressed and harmed by an organized tyrannical structure on the magnitude of Nazi germany has little historical basis.

Last edited:

MKEgal

Completely aside from the posted topic,
does anyone else see the far-left cop in the still picture in post #1 pointing his pistol at the several officers ahead of him in line?
And does it look like his finger is on the trigger?
Maybe his training officer needs to do some work there...

Freedom1Man

I can fill pages with the errors and the insanity in this video.

You don't have the right to kill any body. if you kill someone under any circumstances you are guilty of the elements of the crimes of manslaughter and/or murder. self-defense is an affirmative defense, meaning you must admit to those elements in order to use the defense. so when this guy says you have the right to kill cops, he's wrong.

You may not kill police officers to stop an unreasonable search of your property, killing a cop means you would have to invoke justifiable homicide as a defense, and in nearly every state justifiable homicide only applies if your life or limb or that of your family are threatened. someone just rummaging through your car or your bag is not justification to blow them away. If the search of your property is illegal you have the right to challenge that in court. we settle issues like that with arguments, not bullets. That's exactly what the Indiana supreme court said BTW. Not true in Washington state. If the cop is acting outside the law and is committing a felony on your person, then he/she is just another citizen at that point and so it's legal to slay them.

"cop-killers" are not honorable people fighting for freedom, they're worthless cowards who don't want to go to prison. Oh? The cowards are the ones who hide behind a badge knowing that if they kill you "by mistake" they are getting a paid vacation and a retirement. The idea that "cops" as we know cops were committing the atrocities of Nazi Germany is false. How is it not true? I might give you a little leeway and instead point out that they are just as criminal as the crown's police force just before the revolution. There as at least one ruling that you have no right to refuse police entry into your home. The police can search you in the name of a "Terry Stop" without a warrant, etc. As for the NAZI reference it could be the same reference to the former Soviet Russia, "papers please, you must have your papers to be out in the public viewing." Translating that to let's see your ID The german law enforcement structure had multiple arms, the "Cops" of Nazi Germany were the members of the "Ordnungspolizei" who conducted traffic enforcement, administrative law enforcement functions like permitting such, responded to service calls, and the like, also firefighting and other emergency services were handled by the "Ordnungspolizei" This force was not directly involved in the atrocities of Nazi germany, at least not to the best of my knowledge (some Ordnungspolizei units staffed by SS reservists did security work for concentration camps however, normally the units posted in poland, all of these policeman were really members of the SS and thus were actually soldiers of the Waffen and not ordinary police officers, the units I'm referring to were the domestic german units manned mainly by middle aged civilians or reservists who performed uniformed patrol and the like and were actual cops.). Atrocities were committed by active military units (of the Waffen SS, the general army or "Wehrmacht" wasn't usually involved in the death camps and oppression of the populace either) and by the "Gestapo" which was the "secret police" who dealt with political dissidents and assisted with the ethnic cleansing. it wasn't the lowly officer on the beat executing jews. the Ordnungspolizei structure was used after WW2, and in allied controlled germany, the remains of the regular police were used to conduct law enforcement after the nazi government was deposed (although they weren't allowed to carry guns by the allies until the 1950s) So saying your local sheriffs department is going to come and take you away to be oppressed and harmed by an organized tyrannical structure on the magnitude of Nazi germany has little historical basis. The Holocaust, as taught in schools, has little to no historical basis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjBsmJ6LOTg&feature=related <ask a Jew the truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm8UmMuRSSw&feature=related&bpctr=1352700486 <ask a guy who was there.

What did Amerika do? http://www.historyonthenet.com/WW2/japan_internment_camps.htm <what we accused Hitler of doing.

The point I got from the video was, that if someone is engaged in criminal activity(ies) it does not matter if they wear a uniform or not.

EMNofSeattle

Lasjayhawk

Not sure that's off topic or not. What with the NDAA and all. I paid for my coffee with cash this morning, how do I know they are not about to throw me in Guantanamo? :shocker:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP You don't have the right to kill any body. if you kill someone under any circumstances you are guilty of the elements of the crimes of manslaughter and/or murder. self-defense is an affirmative defense, meaning you must admit to those elements in order to use the defense. so when this guy says you have the right to kill cops, he's wrong.

Easy there. Even a slow knuckle-dragger like me can tell the video narrator was talking about a moral or natural right, not a legal right.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP You may not kill police officers to stop an unreasonable search of your property.

Your list of unreasonable searches was a little short. Night-time no-knock raids indistinguishable from a home invasion might very well be adequate justification. Also, you omit castle doctrine, whether provided by statute or common law, which tends to work against the need to establish AOJ as a defense.

Sooner or later, more cops are gonna get shot doing these no-knock and night-time raids. There is a reason search warrants were served during daylight in times gone by. And, law-enforcement announced themselves clearly before making entry.

With all that said, I think the OP video narrator will fail to persuade anybody not already persuaded. He makes good points, but he strings them together awkwardly.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Completely aside from the posted topic,
does anyone else see the far-left cop in the still picture in post #1 pointing his pistol at the several officers ahead of him in line?
And does it look like his finger is on the trigger?
Maybe his training officer needs to do some work there...

Yeah,,, cop #1 is aiming right for the face of cop #2,,, and cop #2 is giving cop #1 the "are you fjuck1ing kidding me!!!" stare!!!

also note the blue smoke above the gun to the left of the house...

sudden valley gunner

I agree that he makes a number of good points. But, his magnitudes are out of kilter. He leads with mass-killer tyrants to connect lethality of law and cops in jurisdictions where there are no mass killings.

If his point is to show that it is occasionally necessary to kill a cop, he went about it all wrong. He could just show a few examples of cops showing AOJ on citizens and be done with it.

If his point was to foment rebellion, why bring cops into it at all?

If his point was to help break the mindset that it in never OK to kill a cop, he could just show a few examples of cops showing AOJ on citizens and be done with it.

If his point was to get people to stop automatically believing the cop was the good guy every time a cop died, that is to say, put a chink in the armor against never killing a cop, he could just show examples of cops showing AOJ, etc.

So, overall, I would say, first, I don't get. And, whatever his point is, there must be a better way to get it across.

What I gather from the video is the frustration people are starting to feel from the pressure of an increasing police state, you are right about your thoughts on the video, I think this was done by a younger person full of passion yet not as focused as a more experienced person.

A few of the good points I can draw from the video.

We have allowed the police state to happen. I see the "killing a cop" as hyperbole to make a point of discussion of at what point do we start resisting tyranny. The second amendment is about resisting tyranny, who will our government use to institute this tyranny , the same people they use to do it now, the police.

So to me the hard cold reality of resisting tyranny may very well mean defending ourselves against police. But as the video shows and as I feel people in general won't until too late in the game.

PistolPackingMomma

(snip) I think this was done by a younger person full of passion yet not as focused as a more experienced person.

Larken Rose

Larken Rose is an anti-government writer who was unjustly sentenced to 15 months in federal prison for being a tax protestor. While in prison, he wrote a book called Kicking the Dragon. His novel, The Iron Web, is about a dystopian future that could well be where we're heading. His other works include How to Be a Successful Tyrant, and Theft by Deception. He also produced the classic YouTube video, I'm Allowed to Rob You.

He also did a video at Porcfest this year

[video=youtube;gBFObM5njIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBFObM5njIw[/video]

OC for ME

When? Don't know and I do not want to find out. What I do know is that your life expectancy diminishes very rapidly if you do "shoot a cop." If assuming room temperature is your goal.....I have no such goal.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Easy there. Even a slow knuckle-dragger like me ....

I never thought of you as slow ... I thought you were a fast knuckle-dragger lol

Really though, you have a right to defend yourself and your property..how far you can go depends on where you live.

In many states you don't have to allow unfettered access into your house .. I think my local police have learned that lesson the hard way ...

But most folks are not like me ...

The loss of blood by tyrants and patriots is a necessary occasional thing for freedom .. paraphrasing T. Jefferson ... put me down for 2 pints !

And most of the time, force is not even needed to prevent this stuff .... if they know you are prepared, they'll move onto another victim, just like criminals do..

Last edited: