Thread: how does even-odd rationing proceed in this case??

Banned

how does even-odd rationing proceed in this case??

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1199283

Guy waited 30 hrs....so daily even/odd system would not work for this guy.

Say he's an even (yea, that right I'm picking even) ... and its the 2nd -- he can be in line but then after 24 hrs, he can't get gas.

And its on the 1st -- well, he cannot be in line, right?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1199283

Guy waited 30 hrs....so daily even/odd system would not work for this guy.

Say he's an even (yea, that right I'm picking even) ... and its the 2nd -- he can be in line but then after 24 hrs, he can't get gas.

And its on the 1st -- well, he cannot be in line, right?
    Just more examples of the absurdity of government rationing.

I am convinced that the only possible way government rationing can work is rationing government. People should only get tiny amounts of government, spread way out across time. And, there should be penalties most severe for anyone who breaks the rationing by providing more government than the rationed amount.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-10-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

how does even-odd rationing proceed in this case??

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

I am convinced that the only possible way government rationing can work is rationing government. People should only get tiny amounts of government, spread way out across time. And, there should be penalties most severe for anyone who breaks the rationing by providing more government than the rationed amount.
    Wow! Good call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

Surprisingly enough we do agree on many things.

As for you choice of nail polish colors though....
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Founder's Club Member
    I saw what you wrote there.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-10-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    When ever I play russian roulette with a democrat, I'm civil about ... I let them go first ...

I wonder if any deaths from the weather have happened ... good rationing system ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK-bzv_yso0 ..... wonder if she died?