• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On a bus? A boat?

Jakeus314

Possessing a firearm in a car on a motorcycle or a bike is considered concealed... What about on a bus or a boat? is there any law to distinguish between these things?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Possessing a firearm in a car on a motorcycle or a bike is considered concealed... What about on a bus or a boat? is there any law to distinguish between these things?

Without a CPL in a car and in a buss you are correct. Not always B&W on a bike/motorcycle and boat. Some argue that a bike/motorcycle and a boat are vehicles and therefore you need a CPL to carry a weapon on them. Some say as long as you OC it's not concealed. I guess it's best to be conservative and not test this argument.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
324.43513 Carrying, transporting, or possessing firearm, slingshot, bow and arrow, or crossbow; hunting license not required; carrying or possessing unloaded weapon.Sec. 43513.
(1) A person may carry, transport, or possess a firearm without a hunting license if the firearm is unloaded in both barrel and magazine and either enclosed in a case or carried in a vehicle in a location that is not readily accessible to any occupant of the vehicle. A person may carry, transport, or possess a slingshot, bow and arrow, or crossbow without a hunting license if the slingshot, bow, or crossbow is unstrung, enclosed in a case, or carried in a vehicle in a location that is not readily accessible to any occupant of the vehicle.
(2) Regardless of whether the person has a license or it is open season for the taking of game, a person may carry, transport, possess or discharge a firearm, a bow and arrow, or a crossbow if all of the following apply:
(a) The person is not taking or attempting to take game but is engaged in 1 or more of the following activities:
(i) Target practice using an identifiable, artificially constructed target or targets.
(ii) Practice with silhouettes, plinking, skeet, or trap.
(iii) Sighting-in the firearm, bow and arrow, or crossbow.
(b) The person is, or is accompanied by or has the permission of, either of the following:
(i) The owner of the property on which the activity under subdivision (a) is taking place.
(ii) The lessee of that property for a term of not less than 1 year.
(c) The owner or lessee of the property does not receive remuneration for the activity under subdivision (a).
(3) A person may carry or possess an unloaded weapon at any time if the person is traveling to or from or participating in a historical reenactment.

Hevymetal

If you are to carry on a boat, be it CC or OC here in MI be VERY careful of those invisible international boarders along the Canadian side. The international border is NOT exactly in the middle of the waterway as you might think.If you are not familiar with these areas and have a good GPS on your boat you may be inadvertently crossing over the Canadian border while in possession of a firearm. This as we all know is not a good thing as the Canadians are not 2A friendly at all and in all likelyhood you'll be in a heap of trouble.

Get2DahChopper

Worse yet: be on lake MI and accidently cross into the waters of The Peoples Republic of ILLINOIS. If you were to be stopped by their naval forces you could spend a long time in one of their gulags like cook county.
:eek:

Last edited:

Jakeus314

Worse yet: be on lake MI and accidently cross into the waters of The Peoples Republic of ILLINOIS. If you were to be stopped by their naval forces you could spend a long time in one of their gulags like cook county.
:eek:

Hehe... But yea. I know.