• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non resident oc question.

conandan

I have looked thru the posts on Georgia open carry and have a question. If my out of state ccl is honored in Georgia can I open carry or do I need to get a Georgia permit to oc.

mark5019

I have looked thru the posts on Georgia open carry and have a question. If my out of state ccl is honored in Georgia can I open carry or do I need to get a Georgia permit to oc.

if ga recognizes your license your good to carry cc or oc

NoVaJohn

If I understand correctly a non-resident without a permit can still transport a handgun un-loaded locked in his/her car trunk. If they stay over one night in Georgia can they legally move the handgun to the hotel room and back into the car trunk in the morning?

Kingfish

If I understand correctly a non-resident without a permit can still transport a handgun un-loaded locked in his/her car trunk. If they stay over one night in Georgia can they legally move the handgun to the hotel room and back into the car trunk in the morning?
Yes BUT...The statute says it needs to be HIS or HER vehicle. A rental may qualify but driving a friends car may not.