• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seen his wanted to share.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
On one level, its hilarious.

On another, a bad idea. The last thing we need is to get going the idea that it can be decided who is or isn't "responsible enough" to own a firearm. Its one thing to say children, mentally institutionalized, and currently imprisoned are too irresponsible to own firearms. Its a whole different can of worms to deny people the right to self-defense based on political beliefs. It just opens another door to attack rights if it spreads.

I think the sign composer would be on more solid ground to refuse business based on the idea that he does not personally want to contribute to arming thieves who are already robbing him at the ballot box. Whatever, I would just wish him to stay away from the idea of who is or isn't "responsible enough."

Last edited:

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
I think it's unhelpful and divisive. There are many democrats who support gun rights, and it makes the person who put it up look like a nutjob. This is open and blatant discrimination against someone who did a constitutionally protected thing (voting for the candidate of their choice). Do you like being discriminated against for engaging in a constitutionally protected activity? How would you like it if the sign said "No Baptists" or "No gun owners"?

Haven't we had enough division of our country lately? It is time to heal. I hope it doesn't take another 9/11 to get us on the same team again.

Aknazer

I think it's unhelpful and divisive. There are many democrats who support gun rights, and it makes the person who put it up look like a nutjob. This is open and blatant discrimination against someone who did a constitutionally protected thing (voting for the candidate of their choice). Do you like being discriminated against for engaging in a constitutionally protected activity? How would you like it if the sign said "No Baptists" or "No gun owners"?

Haven't we had enough division of our country lately? It is time to heal. I hope it doesn't take another 9/11 to get us on the same team again.

Ahh, but it's not saying that because they voted democrat that they can't handle owning a gun. Yes Obama is a democrat, but that doesn't mean that he is discriminating against all democrats as one always has the option to break from their party lines and vote for someone else.

Now personally, I find the sign funny and both agree and disagree with it. It obviously does nothing to try and heal the wounds of this country, but it is a personal choice and if he doesn't want the business of those that voted for Obama or that they aren't responsible enough to own a gun then that is his call as a private business. Just as how I don't like "no guns" signs but can choose to still do business there (though when reasonable would take my business elsewhere), the same would apply to those that this sign targets. Notice that it doesn't say they are banned, it states that their business is "not welcomed" so they still have the choice to go there.

@Citizen
I can see what you're saying, especially given the way our government loves to gobble up power, but as a gun seller he has the final say if he wants to sell the weapon to someone, does he not (under certain pretense)? If he feels that one is irresponsible to the point of being a potential hazard with a gun would it not be the right thing to decline the sale? And I can see how one could think this of someone who voted for a president that campaigned on lies and practically works to shred the Constitution. Not that I think Romney was much better given his record.

WalkingWolf

No thank you to healing while giving up rights.

WalkingWolf

Please enumerate the rights that you have lost recently. All I see is gun owners gaining more and more ground each and every legislative session.

There is not enough bandwidth. When people can get arrested for posting non violent political talk on facebook that is not good, or freedom. Every time we fly we give up rights. We have the GFSZA and literally thousands of gun laws that infringe on our rights. Our freedom of speech if not landing in jail can get a interview with the feds. George Bush had to be literally threatened by his attorney general to stop illegal wire tapping.

You are joking right?

Take your own state, do you think OCing with a privilege card is freedom, and the second amendment? It may be better than what you had before, but your rights are being infringed on. Did you know that your information with a privilege card is given to NCIS? Does that not bug you?

Last edited:

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
I count the Patriot Act to be the biggest infringement of freedom to come down the pike in recent memory. All this aside, please tell me how the sign in the OP does anything to help? Ok, so you're saying , "You Obama voters sure are stupid" yeah I get it. hahahaha

Many of the people who rejected Romney did it because of stupid crap that fell out of Mitt's mouth. The 47% comment was idiotic, even if you believe that. Go ahead, piss off women, too...great way to get elected. Gay marriage? How can you possibly say you are for liberty if you fight to deny gay people equal rights to marry?

But seriously, did you honestly think that what the Repubs offered was any better for individual liberty? Seriously? So why put up this divisive crap in the first place. I still think it makes us look like nutjobs.

WalkingWolf

I count the Patriot Act to be the biggest infringement of freedom to come down the pike in recent memory. All this aside, please tell me how the sign in the OP does anything to help? Ok, so you're saying , "You Obama voters sure are stupid" yeah I get it. hahahaha

Many of the people who rejected Romney did it because of stupid crap that fell out of Mitt's mouth. The 47% comment was idiotic, even if you believe that. Go ahead, piss off women, too...great way to get elected. Gay marriage? How can you possibly say you are for liberty if you fight to deny gay people equal rights to marry?

But seriously, did you honestly think that what the Repubs offered was any better for individual liberty? Seriously? So why put up this divisive crap in the first place. I still think it makes us look like nutjobs.

What I am saying is exactly what I said. I could care less about healing, and I certainly do not want politicians being best buds. I want them fighting. And GD do not want anymore laws screwing my rights so "can't we all just get along" because somebody is going to get screwed.

As far as your comments about Romney I see you like the taste of kool-aid, good for you.

babiker911

My two cents: The property owner certainly has the right to display the sign, and the right to feel the way he does about Obama (or Romney for that matter). Aside from that, the sign really doesn't affect anything, because how would the guy know if someone carrying a gun supported Obama or not, although I don't understand how anyone who respects the 2nd Amendment could vote for a candidate who is not pro-gun, Democrat or Republican.
I have to agree with WalkingWolf that I have no interest in getting along or compromising with the people who I see as political and ideological enemies. Trying to get along is why we're in the trouble we're in. We feel like we are lucky because we're beginning to get back gun rights we had before politicians and do-gooders decided guns were bad? Thats like gasoline going to $ 4.00 a gallon, then being thankful when it goes down to $3.00, when you know it should be $2.00!! The same folks who rail against our 2nd Amendment rights are the ones who preach tolerance for gay marriage, abortion on demand, support for illegals, etc. Its not enough that they don't want to own guns, they don't want me to own them either. Tolerance extends only to the rights they approve of and support, otherwise, its screw you. They don't just want control of their lives, they want to control your too.
The majority of Americans these days are sheep, willing to concede their beliefs and values (if they have any) in order to "get along". They're more concerned with making sure they have the latest Iphone or what the Kardashians are doing than with the state of our nation. If you disagree with my ideology, I have a few choices; I can try to sway you to see it as I do, I can leave you alone, or if you try to force your ideas on me or threaten my rights, I can fight you. What I'm saying is, if you are anti-gun, Republican or Democrat, black, white , or orange, yo're the enemy.

cbxer55

When I said I liked it, I only meant it on a humor level. I would seriously not expect to see such a sign in real life. It would be in bad taste, and what one might expect of a hick / hayseed. I rather hope that most people in Oklahoma have risen above that level.

Robert318

Irresponsible? Ive always tought my children that when we point at others there are three more pointing back at us. If we want to say that someone was irresponsible in this last few elections i would say it would have to be the ones that gave us such poor choices and such little information outside of the the mud slinging. Why does it always seem to be the lesser of two evils, unreal.

I would agree that there is a healing that needs to happen in this country in so many ways it's almost mind boggling. It is almost to obvious when you see not only signs of this nature but also when reading some of the post on these forums. Aren't we all people? Titles such as democrate or republican etc. mean nothing but to form seperation amongst us. Whether you believe in what science says we started with monkeys or you believe in the bible stating we came from Adam and Eve, wouldn't either mean that we are all related, that we all came from one point of origin? So why do we treat each other not only in this country but all over the globe as if one is more privileged than the other or one has more rights than the other, what childish behavior.

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government — lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.",
"There is an insidious campaign of false propaganda being waged today, to the effect that our country is not a Christian country but a religious one—that it was not founded on Christianity but on freedom of religion. It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by "religionists", but by Christians—not on religion, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here." Patrick Henry

With healing will come a renewing of the principles that this country was founded on and a strenghting of unity, which is something most of us all desire in one form or fashion.

Without healing we are on the road to self destruction which is what the enemy wants and can blame no one but ourselves.

Why are so many so willing to believe a lie and and so eager to deny truth? Oh yes a healing of the hearts and minds we so desperately need in this country.

WalkingWolf

Ohhh sheeesh, I don't know whether to roll on the ground and yell hallelujah, or build a campfire and sing kumbaya.

Think I will just dance with my snake instead...

donsadlerjr

Hahahahah Sorry guys I didn't mean to make it a crazy post. Someone sent it to me and I was thinking it was funny and wanted to share it.

Robert318

Hahahahah Sorry guys I didn't mean to make it a crazy post. Someone sent it to me and I was thinking it was funny and wanted to share it.

lol, hmm something tells me you knew a politically geared sign would trigger political debate/arguments.

I have found that sometimes the best way to silence political rhetoric and or arguments is with the word of truth.

I like this pic much better lol
IMG_1994.jpg
Enjoy!

Last edited:

OC for ME

That sign is fantastic. Those who see it as divisive are just trying to get along for the sake of getting along.....PC BS.

"I support your right to 'X'.....but." Where have I heard this before.

Frogman

Founder's Club Member
Issues

You just never know when you are going to promote thoughtful expression through intelligent discourse of free speaking peoples. (or something like that):lol:
Thanks for the post