• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interest in an Issaquah or Bellevue regular gathering?

Alpine

Hey everyone, I plan on attending December's gathering in Federal Way at the kind invitation of Gogodawgs (though I could not make the one yesterday), but for those east-siders (or anyone who wants to come to the east-side) who are here I am wondering if there is any interest in creating a gathering somewhere in the east-side? I saw the thread for Bothell but that is very far north.

So here are a few suggestions. Anyone who would like to come please respond with your preference.

Issaquah:
http://www.starbucks.com/store/12492/
This is the East Lake Sammamish Parkway Starbucks. It appears to be the largest one in the area with the most services offered. It's a good place for groups to meet vs. the smaller ones in the area and especially better than the small ones inside nearby grocery stores.
Here's a street view:
https://plus.google.com/110331457015524369632/about?gl=us&hl=en
(Hrm, photo isn't showing up unless you go to general google maps and type in "Isaaquah starbucks" and then choose this one and NOT go to its specific google plus page)

Bellevue (Factoria):
I thought about the center of Bellevue, but nearby Factoria is closer to where 405 and I-90 meet, though I'm definitely open to the heart of Bellevue itself.
This store isn't as large as the Issaquah one but it appears from the street photos to be large enough I think.
Here is the store (if you try to zoom in on Bing maps I think they have the location wrong, there appear to be two starbucks in that small area, one is a free-standing building near the main road while the other is inside the large department/grocery store at the listed point):
http://www.starbucks.com/store/11680/
Here's a street view:
https://plus.google.com/115720118579048004665/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

As for days: I was thinking so as not to conflict with the nearby recurring Federal Way one, though I'm not sure if the Bothell thing will be a regular event either, that the first Saturday of each month would be good. Otherwise case we could do it the first Sunday.

Times: I like to sleep in a little bit and have a good weekend breakfast with the family, so I am suggesting 11am-12pm range. If everyone else prefers later or earlier I am open to that.

Any interest?

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

As posted before M A N Y times, pick a day, time and place. Announce it, and those that can and want to, will come. IF you continue to solicit day and time for the event, it will seldom happen....no one can agree on the date and time.
Pick the day, time and place, announce it here.

Alpine

I don't really mind if I can't get everyone to agree, I'll just use the plurality of interest in helping to determine it.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
If it does not conflict with the monthly reoccurring meet in Bothell and federal way, such as the 3rd or 4th Saturday of the month it would be best. Maybe a Sunday on any weekend... I would prefer Bellevue but I am also from up north so take with grain of salt. Pick a day and do it, if turn out is good the redo it, that's what I did with Bothell meet.

Trigger Dr

I don't really mind if I can't get everyone to agree, I'll just use the plurality of interest in helping to determine it.

Yeah Right....good luck with that. Been there, done that and it does not work, but, based on your earlier posts... why waste time .

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I hereby invite you to the next Bothell meet, even though you and everyone else are already invited. It's not that far... :)

acmariner99

I would happily attend a Bellevue or Issaquah OC event and I know one or two others that would go if they had time as well - but as has already been stated, just pick a day and a location and if people want to be there they will be there. You will see a few east siders at the Bothell meet on the first Saturday of every month, so come to that as well.

boosteddreams

Here's another vote for the Bellevue area, though I could probably make it to Issaquah as well. As a few other folks stated, the First Saturday meet in Bothell is held every month and we have a decent group of regulars, so the third or fourth Saturday would be better for attendance. Personally, I'd prefer the third Saturday since that would give us about two weeks between every meet. Also, feel free to come up to the Bothell meet - it's going to be this Saturday. :)

Alpine

An update:

Given how busy the holiday season is I don't think I'll be organizing anything in December.

However, I am pretty committed to getting something going in January. Based on the feedback from this thread I don't want to conflict with the Bothell meets, so the 3rd Saturday sounds good to me. Still not sure between Bellevue and Issaquah. I'm glad everyone who has posted seems equally willing for both. I might check out a couple other locations as well. I'll update this thread with more info. soon.