Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Store will not sell guns to those who voted for Obama.

Store will not sell guns to those who voted for Obama.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ariz...id=db_articles

“If you voted for Barack Obama Your business is not welcome at Southwest Shooting Authority.
    You have proven you are not responsible enough to own a firearm.”

An Arizona-based firearms dealer is refusing to do business with gun owners or potential gun buyers who voted for Barack Obama, and whether it costs him money, he is providing those potential customers with what he considers an object lesson about actions and consequences.

--------

Good bad or otherwise. Your thoughts?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

His choice as a private business owner. My guess is that the vast majority of those who would be buying a gun probably didn't vote for Obama in the first place, so I don't see a huge impact on his business. The real question is how would he know who voted for Obama anyways? More than likely a publicity stunt.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/article/ariz...id=db_articles

“If you voted for Barack Obama Your business is not welcome at Southwest Shooting Authority.
    You have proven you are not responsible enough to own a firearm.”

An Arizona-based firearms dealer is refusing to do business with gun owners or potential gun buyers who voted for Barack Obama, and whether it costs him money, he is providing those potential customers with what he considers an object lesson about actions and consequences.

--------

Good bad or otherwise. Your thoughts?
    It is his right to sell to whoever he wants. But seriously how does he know who you voted for? Also I am sure there are other gun stores around who will take their money. So he will probably also learn a lesson about actions and consequences. Because consequences then become actions and they have consequences. Seems like an exercise in futility to me. But if it makes him feel better more power to him. It is his way of speaking out and I support that.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Good for him.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP Your thoughts?
    He's opening a can of worms. Saying someone is not responsible enough to own a firearm for political beliefs or activities is just a plain dangerous slope. What's he gonna do when the argument gets traction that some dealers are too irresponsible to sell firearms because they do too little to prevent them falling into criminal hands? Oh, wait...
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-11-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

So he's punishing the people that supported his best salesman.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Makes me want to shop there! I support the LGS!

It reminds me of the guy who was running a business and had his costs go up because of something Obama did.

He had to fire people to stay in business. He went out to the parking lot and fired everyone who had a "vote for Obama" sticker on their car.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Founder's Club Member
    It reminds me of the guy who was running a business and had his costs go up because of something Obama did.

He had to fire people to stay in business. He went out to the parking lot and fired everyone who had a "vote for Obama" sticker on their car.
    (chuckle) Of course, if he was honest about it, he'd realize the Republicans had just as much to do with his costs and regulations, and fire those bumper-stickers, too. Then he might have too few to operate.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    (chuckle) Of course, if he was honest about it, he'd realize the Republicans had just as much to do with his costs and regulations, and fire those bumper-stickers, too. Then he might have too few to operate.
    But he will save money. At least on the payroll. lol

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

A relative of mine used to work at Harborview Medical Center in seattle, and he knew a king county deputy who claimed he wrote tickets out to cars with obama stickers, he'd literally cruise behind a vehicle with an obama sticker wait for them to do something wrong, then ticket them. at least this is what I was told 4th hand, i have no idea if the deputy really even exists and since i have no name on him can't verify. but still an entertaining story.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Not being an FFL dealer, I'm not versed in the legalese of when they can refuse to sell a gun. However, based upon anecdotal conversations with local FFLs, they thought they could.

Makes for a good feel good story. Not sure I would do that as that particular business owner.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Wait til someone goes in, buys a gun and on his way out goes. Oh by the way. I voted for Obama! And walks out laughing. What ever will he do?

Banned
    An FFL can refuse to sell a gun to anyone he is concerned is not qualified to purchase a firearm, regardless of the answers provided on the 4473. We are instructed at work that if we have any reason to believe that someone is not qualified to purchase a firearm, we are to turn them down flat--and management will back us up.

They may discuss with us at another time the criteria we used and advise us against using that criteria in the future. Of course, if we show incorrigibly horrible judgment in this regard, we could find ourselves working in health and beauty.

That being said, I would never deny a firearm to someone because they voted stupidly--and anyone who voted for Obama voted stupidly. (Caveat: I did not say that they were stupid, just that they voted stupidly.)

Almost everyone coming by the counter is pretty well making it clear that they voted against Obama. The ones who have not indicated so are saying nothing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Not being an FFL dealer, I'm not versed in the legalese of when they can refuse to sell a gun. However, based upon anecdotal conversations with local FFLs, they thought they could.

Makes for a good feel good story. Not sure I would do that as that particular business owner.
    FFLs have their rules (based on laws) where they cannot sell. They can refuse to sell a gun to anyone. I don't think that they should be able to but I have not seen any cases supporting this viewpoint.

I don't think a FFL should do anything but follow the laws in respect to not selling to an unqualified person; if they are qualified, they should sell the gun. I was a FFL outside Chicago and sold hundreds of guns to Chicago folks well before Heller/McDonald .... I was not under the jurisdiction of Chicago. Chicago loved me lol. I told Daley I sold thousands of guns to his constituents and thanked him for the business. He was pissed. I told him his gun ban was unconstitutional. He said he could do whatever he wanted. hahahaha ... he outlasted his father though, who was an a---hole of course. Upon his death, I'll dance a jig.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    FFLs have their rules (based on laws) where they cannot sell. They can refuse to sell a gun to anyone. I don't think that they should be able to but I have not seen any cases supporting this viewpoint.

I don't think a FFL should do anything but follow the laws in respect to not selling to an unqualified person; if they are qualified, they should sell the gun. I was a FFL outside Chicago and sold hundreds of guns to Chicago folks well before Heller/McDonald .... I was not under the jurisdiction of Chicago. Chicago loved me lol. I told Daley I sold thousands of guns to his constituents and thanked him for the business. He was pissed. I told him his gun ban was unconstitutional. He said he could do whatever he wanted. hahahaha ... he outlasted his father though, who was an a---hole of course. Upon his death, I'll dance a jig.
    Don't forget to send a card Mark Twain style.

Twain remarked, when some famous scoundrel died, that he sent a nice card saying he was unable to attend the funeral, but he approved of it.

Regarding another scoundrel, or perhaps politician, Twain said he would gladly supply the rope.

And, regarding the fella who sold him the Mexican Plug, he wrote that should he learn of the seller's death, he would postpone all other recreations and attend the funeral. (The Mexican Plug was a horse so onery nobody could ride him. Its a hilarious story. Probably available on-line.)
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-14-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Founder's Club Member

"That! Mr. Mayor, is exactly why we're keeping our guns!"

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ca patriot View Post
    he'll say "thanks for your business mr bloomberg"
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    he'll say "thanks for your business mr bloomberg"
    Exactly.

It seems to me that some folks hold a belief that a retail business owner has a duty to sell his property to another citizen. If the retail business owner does not sell his property to a citizen then the citizen looks to the "state" to sanction the retail business owner.

If a FFL is simply acting as a transfer agent then that is a different issue. The retail business owner is counting on the transfer agent to comply with the law on the behalf of the retail business owner.

Conversely, I would offer a discounted price to those customers who claim to have voted for "other than Barry" for president. The claim would be recorded on video and posted on the stores Facebook page.

Considering that liberals lie, there will be no repercussion from admitting that "you" did not vote for Barry by your fellow liberal. Obviously you had to do what you had to do to stick it to those knuckle-dragging neanderthal conservatives.

Anyone who drives a Prius, Volvo, Subaru, or any type of minivan (especially if a soccer ball sticker is affixed to the back window) is immediately suspect in my view.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Anyone who drives a Prius, Volvo, Subaru, or any type of minivan (especially if a soccer ball sticker is affixed to the back window) is immediately suspect in my view.
    Hey I really like Volvo and Subaru.
    I have done some things that with a Subaru that should have killed it. I do prefer the 1990-1995 models though.
    Volvo depends on the year and engine.

I like the guy's idea. I'm tired of our side always "feeling the pain" of the left's decisions. They reap what we sow. I say if they get to feel some of what they dump on us, that's a good thing. They might as well get used to it. If the economy collapses. We're ALL going to feel it.
    watch your top knot !

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    An FFL can refuse to sell a gun to anyone he is concerned is not qualified to purchase a firearm, regardless of the answers provided on the 4473. We are instructed at work that if we have any reason to believe that someone is not qualified to purchase a firearm, we are to turn them down flat--and management will back us up.

They may discuss with us at another time the criteria we used and advise us against using that criteria in the future. Of course, if we show incorrigibly horrible judgment in this regard, we could find ourselves working in health and beauty.

That being said, I would never deny a firearm to someone because they voted stupidly--and anyone who voted for Obama voted stupidly. (Caveat: I did not say that they were stupid, just that they voted stupidly.)

Almost everyone coming by the counter is pretty well making it clear that they voted against Obama. The ones who have not indicated so are saying nothing.

This is almost verbatim what I was hearing.

eye95.....one FFL stated they have done several times in the past and stated they will do it in the future (refuse to sell, just based upon they didn't feel comfortable about the transaction)....he did say if someone came in bragging about voting for Obama (and/or Sen Clair MCaskil), he would deem them incompetent to purchase a firearm.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

I enjoy watching gun-toting Republican dealers throw temper tantrums. I knew what I was buying into when I voted for Obama: Four more years of reading, and hearing aged, white men b*tch and moan, flailing about, whining, that they lost this election.

The dealer has a right to do deny whomever he wants, service.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 11-15-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Campaign Veteran
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack / unacceptable

You have to hear Republicans bitch, we have to hear you bitch.

We all have our burdens to bear...
    Last edited by John Pierce; 11-16-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast