• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Store will not sell guns to those who voted for Obama.

eye95

Holy cow! Did she really just say that??? She does understand that the government and private citizens are significantly different in that the government exercises power over us that individuals cannot lawfully? I cannot imagine anyone not understanding that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Beretta92FSLady

Holy cow! Did she really just say that??? She does understand that the government and private citizens are significantly different in that the government exercises power over us that individuals cannot lawfully? I cannot imagine anyone not understanding that.

<o>

Yes, i really did just say that...but you wouldn't know, you have me on Ignore.

sudden valley gunner

Government is occupied by private citizens.

How does this disagree or disprove my statement? Your actions in government that deal with the public are not private and so you can not equate private citizens actions with those of government.

Both actions restrict access to guns by American citizens.

NO he isn't, you can shop somewhere else, as I would.

A private citizen can't call in the police, national guard and the wealth of resources stolen from others to restrict you from your rights.

Do I approve of the shop owners actions? No, But I respect his right to private and voluntary transactions.

OC for ME

LOL---0. Are there Progressives on this forum? Are there anti-gunners on this forum?

You know, I just realized that I may be considered a Progressive Liberal. I am of the opinion that individuals ought to be able to own automatic firearms, grenades, make homemade bombs--I do have limits, though: tanks, IMO, aren't practical. I own a 1978 Suburban 4X4, and parking is hell for me...a tank would be impossible at, say, Wholefoods parking lot in Green Lake, here in Seattle.
.....and why would the owner/operator of a tank need to worry about parking.....anywhere? It is a tank after all. ;)

Ca Patriot

Both actions restrict access to guns by American citizens.

Not really. When a private gun store wont sell to a certain person that certain person can go to another gun store to purchase a gun.

When the government passes a law then NO ONE can buy a gun ANYWHERE.

Freedom1Man

.....and why would the owner/operator of a tank need to worry about parking.....anywhere? It is a tank after all. ;)

My question is; Where did you get one? How did you afford one? How did you not get ticketed for it in Washington?
I have thought about building my own personal armored tracked vehicle. I don't know where I would get a main cannon from though.

OC for ME

While a tank is a armored vehicle, a armored vehicle is not a tank. Owning a tank is easy. Driving one around is the issue legally. Weight restrictions (damage to road surfaces), track/tread damage to road surfaces, proper lighting (tail lights primarily), noise (in some jurisdictions). If you can get a tank "road legal" there is no law that prohibits you from driving one around town, watch for low bridges and wires. Farm machinery and heavy construction machinery, if road legal, are driven on the public roads.

Now, can you get a "surplus M1A1 Abrams? I would think Uncle Sam will have some input on your efforts to purchase one. By the way, a M1A1 is road legal on our Interstate highway system (not bridges) when the rubber pads are installed on the tracks.

Vintage armored vehicles are far more easy to own and make road legal. There are a few tanks from WWII that could easily be made road legal and taken down to the "classic car" show.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/ww2-us-tanks.asp

Freedom1Man

While a tank is a armored vehicle, a armored vehicle is not a tank. Owning a tank is easy. Driving one around is the issue legally. Weight restrictions (damage to road surfaces), track/tread damage to road surfaces, proper lighting (tail lights primarily), noise (in some jurisdictions). If you can get a tank "road legal" there is no law that prohibits you from driving one around town, watch for low bridges and wires. Farm machinery and heavy construction machinery, if road legal, are driven on the public roads.

Now, can you get a "surplus M1A1 Abrams? I would think Uncle Sam will have some input on your efforts to purchase one. By the way, a M1A1 is road legal on our Interstate highway system (not bridges) when the rubber pads are installed on the tracks.

Vintage armored vehicles are far more easy to own and make road legal. There are a few tanks from WWII that could easily be made road legal and taken down to the "classic car" show.

Cool.

I think that building one might be less expensive than buying one.

Besides if I build it I can customize it. Maybe even make my own case-less ammo for it.

OC for ME

Freedom1Man

eye95

In Alabama, I think that would qualify as having a firearm in or on a vehicle, so keep your CPL in your tank.

(Not corporal, concealed pistol license.)

<o>

OC for ME

In Alabama, I think that would qualify as having a firearm in or on a vehicle, so keep your CPL in your tank.

(Not corporal, concealed pistol license.)

<o>
Interesting. It appears that Alabama considers your vehicle's "firearm", that is OEM by the way, the same as your fiream on your hip. By the way, that firearm on your hip is not OEM.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I find it interesting that a guy who probably thinks that the govt. is restricting access to guns by American citizens is, in fact, himself restricting access to guns by American citizens.

He is doing no such thing! He is simply refusing service to anyone that voted for a man that wants to destroy our Second Amendment rights that would shop at his local shop; if you voted for Obama you might as well get the taste of tyranny early -- wait we already have haven't we!

Obama will be the one that restricts access to all American citizens; this guy is simply informing locals that they need to conduct business elsewhere if they voted for him. There are plenty of FFLs in the state I am sure, and if people who care about their Second Amendment rights were ignorant enough to vote for a second term Obama then they deserve to drive a little further.