• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy verterns day

Vitaeus

Sometimes it is harder than others to remember that part of the package for being a veteran is listening to folks say things you disagree with on a very fundamental level and going "I am still glad you have the ability to exercise your fundamental rights".

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
What is all this "soldier" business, do people who can't swim or qualify to fly only think of themselves, too bad for all the other vets, forgotten are the seamen, airmen and marines. :p

Semper Gumby

We had our own celebration yesterday; the Marine Corps birthday is 10Nov. [there ain't no smiley with a grin big enough]

And, besides, you left out the Coast Guard. :p:)

Last edited:

bmg50cal

We had our own celebration yesterday; the Marine Corps birthday is 10Nov. [there ain't no smiley with a grin big enough]

And, besides, you left out the Coast Guard. :p:)

No, I didn't leave out the CG. I said seamen which would cover both Navy and Coast Guard, marines would also cover the CG as the men of the United States Revenue Cutter Service were indeed called Revenue-Marines. I would have otherwise said sailors, airmen, marines and coasties. ;)

The USCG has its birthday Aug 4th.

I am a coastie vet and the Semper Gumby reference was missed apparently.

tumblr_m5g27k7PPY1qdezf9o1_500.gif

Jeff Hayes

Okay, please identify how the modern soldier does ANYTHING to protect your rights.

OK if there were no military in our country how long do you think it would take before another country took us over. The simple fact that we have a military and heavy duty weapons is a deterrent.

I have to agree with DamonK what kind of people are you hanging out with. I know my son and his people would not obey an unlawful order he has told me so many times.

Freedom1Man

OK if there were no military in our country how long do you think it would take before another country took us over. The simple fact that we have a military and heavy duty weapons is a deterrent.

I have to agree with DamonK what kind of people are you hanging out with. I know my son and his people would not obey an unlawful order he has told me so many times.

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
------
Well, I guess we would just follow the constitution.

I don't know why some people on here don't remember what the Militia is.

A standing army is not needed at all. Besides there is not much that our ARMY could do if another country did decide to invade. Our NAVY I am sure would do it's best to slow them down though.

Last edited:

Alpine

I know some friends of mine planned on stopping in to drop off stuff at the VA today on their way in to work today so, just a reminder to everyone, if you're bringing stuff to the VA, do NOT bring real flowers, it is a hospital. Fake flowers, balloons, flags (not just the US flag but also unit and branch flags are welcome too) and some generic baked goods (though I'd recommend gluten and dairy free) are good alternatives.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
535553_3395597907408_1005884348_n.jpg

Often those who do not understand the commitment made by veterans, either they did not serve or do not understanding putting others before themselves with their lives being placed on the line for it.

The meek, mild, weak, elderly, healthy, appreciative and those who do not, every man, woman and child benefit from our Soldiers (all military and in call jobs with in) and Veterans who placed themselves in a place when and if called upon, answer that call.

Personally if you hold veterans in a negative view I have nothing for you nor do I owe you an explanation as you would likely not understand it anyways.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
No, I didn't leave out the CG. I said seamen which would cover both Navy and Coast Guard, marines would also cover the CG as the men of the United States Revenue Cutter Service were indeed called Revenue-Marines. I would have otherwise said sailors, airmen, marines and coasties. ;)

The USCG has its birthday Aug 4th.

I am a coastie vet and the Semper Gumby reference was missed apparently.

A coastie! Cool! Coasties are cool in my book. And, I see your point.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
------

A standing army is not needed at all. Besides there is not much that our ARMY could do if another country did decide to invade. Our NAVY I am sure would do it's best to slow them down though.

I can't stand Teddy Roosevelt, Mr. Executive Order himself, but I find myself unable to disagree with his assessment that weapons and war reached a point of specialization that a standing army was necessary because it would take just way too long to train militia. Even the infantry takes a while to train anymore. Can y'all imagine trying to train F-16 pilots in six weeks? Artillerists in eight weeks?

I think the best you could do is keep a small core of regular military, and then actually train the militia regularly kinda like the Reserves do today.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

I sure hope that no one is thinking that I posted these two posts.

------

And

Those were both posted by Freedom1man and do not represent my views in any way shape or manner.

I will attempt to get this fixed.

Jeff Hayes

I can't stand Teddy Roosevelt, Mr. Executive Order himself, but I find myself unable to disagree with his assessment that weapons and war reached a point of specialization that a standing army was necessary because it would take just way too long to train militia. Even the infantry takes a while to train anymore. Can y'all imagine trying to train F-16 pilots in six weeks? Artillerists in eight weeks?

I think the best you could do is keep a small core of regular military, and then actually train the militia regularly kinda like the Reserves do today.

Citizen That is not my quote, please fix that, those are Freedom1man's words not mine.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

Freedom1man Please pay attention to how you quote. I am going to assume you did this by mistake for now. DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH THAT ARE NOT MINE.

DamonK

------

Good lord you're about as smart as a potato. Say there's a surprise attack by another world power, what are we going to do, mobilize the militia within hours? Not gonna happen. You clearly have no experience with how the military works. Just be grateful that we're here and quit being so eager to show your ignorance.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Citizen That is not my quote, please fix that, those are Freedom1man's words not mine.

Something funny going on with the forum software. It also took your quote of me and attributed it to Freedom1Man.*

And, just now, when I tried to quote you, I saw another's name embedded in the quote along with yours.

I'll fix mine.

Everybody, until this gets fixed, if you quote someone, double check the quote tags before posting, and edit out the wrong name.

*Hey!! It just occurred to me the forum is breaking the rule against false attributions!! Where's the moderator to bust the forum itself! :p:)

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Damn, I wanta argue with somebody! But, I can't because the software won't cooperate and quote the right people!

Curses!

:D

EMNofSeattle

Good lord you're about as smart as a potato. Say there's a surprise attack by another world power, what are we going to do, mobilize the militia within hours? Not gonna happen. You clearly have no experience with how the military works. Just be grateful that we're here and quit being so eager to show your ignorance.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

WHOA!!!

Check your fire Soldier!!!

Orphan DID NOT, I repeat DID NOT, make the statement you quoted, a screw up somewhere along the line failed to quote Freedom1man correctly and attributed F1man's post to Orphan, Get your G-2 squared away, assess the available intelligence before engaging friendlies!

Orphan clearly posted before you that he did NOT author that material.

Last edited: