• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy verterns day

Jeff Hayes

Damn, I wanta argue with somebody! But, I can't because the software won't cooperate and quote the right people!

Curses!

:D

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that right now. Maybe I am overly sensitive to being misquoted but my word and honor is very important to me.

Jeff Hayes

Freedom1man Please pay attention to how you quote. I am going to assume you did this by mistake for now. DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH THAT ARE NOT MINE.

Freedom1man, I apologize, evidently there was is a software problem, my mistake.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

WHOA!!!

Check your fire Soldier!!!

Orphan DID NOT, I repeat DID NOT, make the statement you quoted, a screw up somewhere along the line failed to quote Freedom1man correctly and attributed F1man's post to Orphan, Get your G-2 squared away, assess the available intelligence before engaging friendlies!

Orphan clearly posted before you that he did NOT author that material.

Thanks for paying attention.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Whoa, this thread just got really confusing...hopefully they get it worked out.

Let's go back to honoring veterans!

Freedom1Man

Good lord you're about as smart as a potato. Say there's a surprise attack by another world power, what are we going to do, mobilize the militia within hours? Not gonna happen. You clearly have no experience with how the military works. Just be grateful that we're here and quit being so eager to show your ignorance.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Former military and have plenty of military in my family.

The army could not organize a potato sack race in the time it would take for the militia to respond to an attack by a foreign power.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Former military and have plenty of military in my family.

The army could not organize a potato sack race in the time it would take for the militia to respond to an attack by a foreign power.

Hmmmm. I wonder.

In Marine!, the biography of Chesty Puller, there is a section about getting ready for Korea. The regular marines got a huge number of (reservists?) organized, embarked, and on their way in a surprisingly short amount of time.

I guess one element of this conversation should be about how much advance notice you get. It seems like most of the time, there is enough notice through spies and whatever that you can begin your own build-up. Unless the government is ignoring the signs and actively provoking ala Pearl Harbor. But, that was just a fleet action, not an invasion.

Two anecdotes from the biography do highlight at least one danger of a standing military. First, the Marine rifles from WWII were put away in cosmoline without serious inspection. Puller had to personally inspect and reject a large number of them as worn out or defective after the cosmoline was cleaned off.

The second stems from his experiences in Hawaii. He was posted to Hawaii back in the 1920's or 30's and noticed that the machine guns were missing parts like asbestos gloves to change barrels. Then, about twenty years later, he was posted in Hawaii again. He noticed the machine gun maintenance had not improved.

Last edited:

DamonK

WHOA!!!

Check your fire Soldier!!!

Orphan DID NOT, I repeat DID NOT, make the statement you quoted, a screw up somewhere along the line failed to quote Freedom1man correctly and attributed F1man's post to Orphan, Get your G-2 squared away, assess the available intelligence before engaging friendlies!

Orphan clearly posted before you that he did NOT author that material.

Well, I was clearly quoting freedom1man. Regardless if orphan was erroneously quoted or not.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
--Moderator deleted personal attack--

Well, that was helpful, seeing as you didn't elaborate on who or why. I guess you want even the posters you would support to wonder whether they are the target.

And, yes. I could probably eff up a wet dream. But, when I wore the uniform of a United States Marine, I could also f--- up people. So, having worn that uniform, I have some standing to comment. As do a few others on this thread.

So, care to let us in on who you think are pathetic and why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Freedom1Man

Well, I was clearly quoting freedom1man. Regardless if orphan was erroneously quoted or not.

Yes, there was a glitch in the system earlier.

I tried to reply quote and it did that weird misquote thing again. I shall see if it happens on this one.
----
Edit.

It worked perfectly this time.

Last edited: