Thread: It just isn't an issue...

It just isn't an issue...

For the most part, when you hear people telling everyone how OC is going to be the downfall of gun ownership and how the SWAT teams will be rappelling from helicopters everywhere you go, it is from people who spend all their time in front of the mirror checking for the slightest bulge on their pocket .380.

People who OC on a regular basis (or at all) realize most 'attention' is all in their heads.

http://anothergunblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/oc.html
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Not an issue...

Rich,

While I haven't worked up the courage to open carry as of yet, I'm not near as critical about concealing either. I suppose that's my halfway mark. But the article does make a good point; for the most part, people just don't notice. If they do, I was never made aware of it.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” —Samuel Adams

"Here sir, the people govern." -- Alexander Hamilton (speech in the New York ratifying convention, 17 June 1788) Reference: The Debates of the Several State..., Elliot, vol. 2 (348)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." -- Thomas Jefferson

And that is the point, isn't it? To have the liberty to carry however you want.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

It just isn't an issue...

I have not yet gotten the courage to OC I do not go crazy to conceal my M&P 9mm. I simply put a t shirt on and draped it over it. That left a huge bulge on my side and in 7 months only 1 person asked why I Carry that big gun on my side. He was a marine Vietnam vet. So I agree that people either don't care or are that oblivious.