Thread: I am disappointed

I am disappointed

Today was the second day of the first local gun show after the elections.

What with all the speculation about prices doubling/tripling and ammo becoming unavailable due to panic buying, I must say I am highly disappointed.

While I did not do a thorough price comparison, I did not see people snapping up trash at outrageous prices just because they might not get another chance to buy it later on. There was not a line out the door and around the block like there had been four years ago. Heck, I've seen narrower aisles and more folks crowding them last year than today.

I was promised panic buying. hoarding, and the value of my collection of nothing fancy soaring through the roof. To be honest, it feels like that Christmas when I found out that there was no Santa Claus. Quite honestly I am not going to even bother looking to see if there is a pony hidden in the middle of the pile.

So - if you had a gun show this weekend, how did it stack up against the promises we were given? If your gun show is coming up, here's the place to report on whether or not it was the last chance to stock up before the announced date of Armaggedon.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

What with all the speculation about prices doubling/tripling and ammo becoming unavailable due to panic buying, I must say I am highly disappointed.

While I did not do a thorough price comparison, I did not see people snapping up trash at outrageous prices just because they might not get another chance to buy it later on. There was not a line out the door and around the block like there had been four years ago. Heck, I've seen narrower aisles and more folks crowding them last year than today.

I was promised panic buying. hoarding, and the value of my collection of nothing fancy soaring through the roof. To be honest, it feels like that Christmas when I found out that there was no Santa Claus. Quite honestly I am not going to even bother looking to see if there is a pony hidden in the middle of the pile.

So - if you had a gun show this weekend, how did it stack up against the promises we were given? If your gun show is coming up, here's the place to report on whether or not it was the last chance to stock up before the announced date of Armaggedon.

stay safe.
    There probably are several factors, could be people have all the ammo they need after four years. Could be people cannot afford to buy more ammo. Could be they believe Obama is god and will bring peace on earth.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

stay safe.
    I have also been hearing about how there was going to be riots and a revolution. My brother and I this morning went out to breakfast and was listening to some guys talking about people rising up and such. I asked em why this hasn't happen yet and he said people just wasn't ready yet.

Here is what is really going to happen the next 4 years. People will buy more guns and ammo, stock up on food and supplies, buy more SHTF gear, rant and rave on forums and such and complain about Obama and the democrats. You know. The same thing everyone did the last 4 years.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Could be simple. O did nothing to hurt our gun rights so that could mean he will not do so in his last 4 years

stay safe.
    Wait, what exactly are you sayin. There is no Santa Clause, next thing i know ill be told the Easter bunny isn't real either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
    Wait, what exactly are you sayin. There is no Santa Clause, next thing i know ill be told the Easter bunny isn't real either.
    Those eggs have been delivered by a racoon who lives in Astabula, Ohio since 1956 when the bunny retired.

You do not want to know why the Tooth Fairy is called a fairy.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

You just haven't been in the right place.
    Louisiana and Texas gun shops have lines out the door!
    I also saw a live interview of people in line at a
    New Jersey gunshop to buy guns and ammo.

Look online for bulk ammo; out of stock.
    out of stock,out of stock.

Obama won't do anything on guns in his next 4?
    What trusting souls!

Day after election, UN arms treaty back on table.

Sky may not be falling yet, but it's crack all to hell!!!

IN OMNIA PARATUS !!!!

Banned

I am disappointed

There are no "lines out the door", but we are swamped, our firearm sales are two to three times normal, and we have run out of some ammo in our stock assortment. ("How many boxes of _____ ya got? Nine? I'll take nine.") Folks are specifically saying that they are buying because of the election results. Real or not (and I believe it is real), there is a perception out there that our rights, not just the RKBA, are in real danger now that Obama thinks that the "flexibility" he has already been using has been increased by his not having to run again.

I have slowed my overall purchasing incredibly since the election, but am making sure that I am well-stocked on ammo and firearms. There is a sweet little carbine/shotgun/revolver in stock that I will purchase as soon as it goes on sale the day after Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

I don't believe the UN treaty has anything to do with us

Quote Originally Posted by person DJ View Post

Trusting soul ! (shakes head vigorously)

And I don't believe we should be in the American hating UN in the first place!!!

Activist Member
    Wow! Two in one thread! Surely you are not that naive? Obama has already made his insidious intentions known, and the ATT will certainly affect "us" -- all of US!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    There probably are several factors, could be people have all the ammo they need after four years. Could be people cannot afford to buy more ammo. Could be they believe Obama is god and will bring peace on earth.
    Theory 1: All the ammo they need.

Not really likely

Theory 2: Cannot afford more

Quite Likely

Theory 3: Believe Nutso is a god

They didn't buy any the last 4 years and aren't going to start now.

Number 2 seems to be the winner.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

I strongly suggest you look again.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

We have a gunshow here in Columbia this weekend. It will be interesting to find out what the turnout is.

Next weekend, (Thanksgiving weekend) the Hampton, VA gun show is sold out. 700 tables and I can't rent even 1.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I have noticed Walmart has been out of the ammo I normally purchase the last few weeks.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)