• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am disappointed

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Today was the second day of the first local gun show after the elections.

What with all the speculation about prices doubling/tripling and ammo becoming unavailable due to panic buying, I must say I am highly disappointed.

While I did not do a thorough price comparison, I did not see people snapping up trash at outrageous prices just because they might not get another chance to buy it later on. There was not a line out the door and around the block like there had been four years ago. Heck, I've seen narrower aisles and more folks crowding them last year than today.

I was promised panic buying. hoarding, and the value of my collection of nothing fancy soaring through the roof. To be honest, it feels like that Christmas when I found out that there was no Santa Claus. Quite honestly I am not going to even bother looking to see if there is a pony hidden in the middle of the pile.

So - if you had a gun show this weekend, how did it stack up against the promises we were given? If your gun show is coming up, here's the place to report on whether or not it was the last chance to stock up before the announced date of Armaggedon.

stay safe.

WalkingWolf

What with all the speculation about prices doubling/tripling and ammo becoming unavailable due to panic buying, I must say I am highly disappointed.

While I did not do a thorough price comparison, I did not see people snapping up trash at outrageous prices just because they might not get another chance to buy it later on. There was not a line out the door and around the block like there had been four years ago. Heck, I've seen narrower aisles and more folks crowding them last year than today.

I was promised panic buying. hoarding, and the value of my collection of nothing fancy soaring through the roof. To be honest, it feels like that Christmas when I found out that there was no Santa Claus. Quite honestly I am not going to even bother looking to see if there is a pony hidden in the middle of the pile.

So - if you had a gun show this weekend, how did it stack up against the promises we were given? If your gun show is coming up, here's the place to report on whether or not it was the last chance to stock up before the announced date of Armaggedon.

stay safe.
There probably are several factors, could be people have all the ammo they need after four years. Could be people cannot afford to buy more ammo. Could be they believe Obama is god and will bring peace on earth.

KYKevin

stay safe.

I have also been hearing about how there was going to be riots and a revolution. My brother and I this morning went out to breakfast and was listening to some guys talking about people rising up and such. I asked em why this hasn't happen yet and he said people just wasn't ready yet.

Here is what is really going to happen the next 4 years. People will buy more guns and ammo, stock up on food and supplies, buy more SHTF gear, rant and rave on forums and such and complain about Obama and the democrats. You know. The same thing everyone did the last 4 years.

Gary S

stay safe.

Wait, what exactly are you sayin. There is no Santa Clause, next thing i know ill be told the Easter bunny isn't real either.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Wait, what exactly are you sayin. There is no Santa Clause, next thing i know ill be told the Easter bunny isn't real either.

Those eggs have been delivered by a racoon who lives in Astabula, Ohio since 1956 when the bunny retired.

You do not want to know why the Tooth Fairy is called a fairy.

stay safe.

Hunterdave

You just haven't been in the right place.
Louisiana and Texas gun shops have lines out the door!
I also saw a live interview of people in line at a
New Jersey gunshop to buy guns and ammo.

Look online for bulk ammo; out of stock.
out of stock,out of stock.

Obama won't do anything on guns in his next 4?
What trusting souls!

Day after election, UN arms treaty back on table.

Sky may not be falling yet, but it's crack all to hell!!!

IN OMNIA PARATUS !!!!

eye95

There are no "lines out the door", but we are swamped, our firearm sales are two to three times normal, and we have run out of some ammo in our stock assortment. ("How many boxes of _____ ya got? Nine? I'll take nine.") Folks are specifically saying that they are buying because of the election results. Real or not (and I believe it is real), there is a perception out there that our rights, not just the RKBA, are in real danger now that Obama thinks that the "flexibility" he has already been using has been increased by his not having to run again.

I have slowed my overall purchasing incredibly since the election, but am making sure that I am well-stocked on ammo and firearms. There is a sweet little carbine/shotgun/revolver in stock that I will purchase as soon as it goes on sale the day after Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

OldCurlyWolf

There probably are several factors, could be people have all the ammo they need after four years. Could be people cannot afford to buy more ammo. Could be they believe Obama is god and will bring peace on earth.
Theory 1: All the ammo they need.

Not really likely

Theory 2: Cannot afford more

Quite Likely

Theory 3: Believe Nutso is a god

They didn't buy any the last 4 years and aren't going to start now.

Number 2 seems to be the winner.

:banghead::cuss:

beebobby

We have a gunshow here in Columbia this weekend. It will be interesting to find out what the turnout is.