Thread: Shooting/Gun Related Quilt

Shooting/Gun Related Quilt

This was suppose to be my christmas present, last year. When it is finished it is going to be a thick winter blanket. It is roughly 4x8 now and will be 6x8 (more to wrap up in) when it is done. She decided to show me at the first of winter so I'll have it for the cold nights that she is away at school.

I just had to brag. Anyone from the EKY M&G knows I have a beautiful girlfriend, but she is also handy. All this is hand embroidered.

The iPhone doesn't take very good pictures, so these are poor quality pictures of a work of art.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0490.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	9539 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0491.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	9540 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0492.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	9541

I think I fixed it, hope they work now. I don't know why it deleted them.

Half of all the blocks are quotes, most of the rest are targets that her and I have had and the rest are logos or symbols (S&W, AR/AK).

You'll notice a pumpkin (we tried to carve one from 150yds), a 300yd watermelon and spray paint cans that we used to paint "Bert". We have fun with high power rifles.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

I was soo excited about my quilt that I had to share.
    Last edited by 09jisaac; 11-11-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Attachments aren't working, either, darn.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Attachments aren't working, either, darn.
    They work/open fine for me.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    They work/open fine for me.
    I get this when I try to open one.

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The OP and others should check their general settings - see top right of any page.

Look for:

Enhanced Attachment Uploading:
    • Enhanced Attachment Uploading on
    • Enhanced Attachment Uploading off

The forum features an enhanced attachment uploading system that allows you to reuse existing attachments via a drag and drop interface.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use the enhanced system. If you experience problems with the interface, try disabling this option.

I am using Mozilla Foxfire & have Enhanced turned on.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I think I fixed it, thanks for the heads up.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

That's a lot of work. Seems she's serious about you.

I was going to point out that sashing & borders were invented to increase the size of the quilt & show off blocks (so they're not competing with each other visually), but it seems she's pretty much figured that out.

Nice I like it. My mother does quilts. I need to talk to her a bout one. lol
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The OP and others should check their general settings...
    That was it. I had to turn them off to get the attachments to preview or work. I am using Chrome.

Very nice quilt!
    Last edited by MAC702; 11-11-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip