• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well..it's been a while. Finally have everything sorted!

MikeTheGreek

Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I used to post in here a while back. I had a bunch of issues with my citizenship, and I couldn't get a gun, and my work was shot up with some psycho with an AK.

Well, my citizenship is sorted out, I got my drivers lic, citizenship papers, and registered my CZ-75B today at the Northville PD.

Tomorrow I get to OC for the first time and I'm extremely excited.

Quick question though just to make sure, when I get into my car, I have to unload the firearm, put it in my trunk, and keep the mag with me in the front right?

scot623

Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I used to post in here a while back. I had a bunch of issues with my citizenship, and I couldn't get a gun, and my work was shot up with some psycho with an AK.

Well, my citizenship is sorted out, I got my drivers lic, citizenship papers, and registered my CZ-75B today at the Northville PD.

Tomorrow I get to OC for the first time and I'm extremely excited.

Quick question though just to make sure, when I get into my car, I have to unload the firearm, put it in my trunk, and keep the mag with me in the front right?

Your question is answered two threads below this one.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?108239-Full-mags-in-vehicle-No-CPL

MikeTheGreek

I remember. Glad you were finally able to get that mess straightened out.

Bronson

p.s. What's that about your work getting shot up? :eek:

Few months back a guy walked in with an Ak-47 and discharged about...12 rounds in the shop. A few in the ceiling, a few into some cars, through the office where a woman and child were. Good stuff. He pointed it right at me and started shooting as soon as I jumped behind a car.

It was on the news for a while. The guy got 22 felonies and bonded out the day after he was arrested, and he's currently on the street. So, this is why I have a shotgun under my bed, and now my CZ75 on my hip at all times.

Good times in Detroit, so glad I moved here from Canada.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
probably never eaten military food either...
btw, if you like having your gun on you a lot, you won't be able to do that in the military. no personal firearms in the barracks and no personal firearms while in uniform. your choices will likely be storing them in the armory (where they can be handled by the personnel) or storing them off base. i rented a small uhaul unit so that i was not at the whim of the armory hours to sign out my gun to go hunting or shooting. if you are married (or single) and live off base, you can keep your guns at your house as i did after i got married.

MikeTheGreek

You've apparently 1) never been in the Army, and 2) been to Tennessee......

Haha. First one, no, second one, yes. Been to TN twice on a Semi. Truck stop food = amazing. Weather = Amazing. The women = Amazing.

At least compared to the Detroit area.

I would move back to Canada if they gun laws weren't so retarded. One of the reasons I moved over here instead of joining the Canadian Army.

griffin

Been to TN twice on a Semi. Truck stop food = amazing. Weather = Amazing. The women = Amazing.

I will agree with the weather and women. Truck stop food? Well, food, yes. Truck stop food, not so much. Try some down home Tennessee cooking!

Last edited:

MikeTheGreek

I will agree with the weather and women. Truck stop food? Well, food, yes. Truck stop food, not so much. Try some down home Tennessee cooking!

:p Being in a semi at the time, we couldn't exactly stop at many places. I plan on taking a road trip back down there within the next few weeks though. I'll have to try something else other than truck stop food while I'm there.