Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: I'm done with this forum.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    111

    I'm done with this forum.

    I am done with this forum. I see no further reason to utilise this forum for any reason. Go ahead and delete my profile. I want my profile deleted.

  2. #2
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by SixGunCowboy
    I am done with this forum. I see no further reason to utilise this forum for any reason. Go ahead and delete my profile. I want my profile deleted.
    Ridicule in 3, 2, 1...

  3. #3
    Regular Member REDDIRT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    34

    I'm done with this forum.

    Dam don't go who will take out the trash?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    613
    57 views and only 2 replies (well, 3 now). Weird. What did I miss??
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

    "The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southern MO
    Posts
    513
    Awww did it get its feelings hurted?

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    He is unhappy he has been proven wrong too many times.

    It is a personal choice, no one has to be part of it, but as little as he seems to know about Missouri gun laws as well as his civil rights, it is too bad as he has a lot left to learn.

    Good luck to you cowboy.

    PS: you ain't the only one who has been wrong around here, pretty much everyone has at one point or another, myself included. No reason to whine about it, especially on the way out the door.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    He is unhappy he has been proven wrong too many times.

    It is a personal choice, no one has to be part of it, but as little as he seems to know about Missouri gun laws as well as his civil rights, it is too bad as he has a lot left to learn.

    Good luck to you cowboy.

    PS: you ain't the only one who has been wrong around here, pretty much everyone has at one point or another, myself included. No reason to whine about it, especially on the way out the door.
    No, I am trying to learn and educate others, and everybody keeps smacking me down. I thought this was a learning forum where we can all talk things out, not argue and bash others for what they don't know, which is what this has turned into.

  8. #8
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by SixGunCowboy View Post
    No, I am trying to learn and educate others, and everybody keeps smacking me down. I thought this was a learning forum where we can all talk things out, not argue and bash others for what they don't know, which is what this has turned into.
    When "our" legislature" goes to work and there are OC bills, we'll need everyone we can get to push for our rights. There will be bills, no doubt about it, stick to your guns and fight for our rights, there are darn too few of us to do it!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Spfld, Mo.
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    He is unhappy he has been proven wrong too many times.

    It is a personal choice, no one has to be part of it, but as little as he seems to know about Missouri gun laws as well as his civil rights, it is too bad as he has a lot left to learn.

    Good luck to you cowboy.

    PS: you ain't the only one who has been wrong around here, pretty much everyone has at one point or another, myself included. No reason to whine about it, especially on the way out the door.

    Well put! There are members that will stop you in a second and correct you with supported facts. I can think of two right off the bat that I truly appreciate being here regardless of what we agree or disagree on. Their input has been spot-on. I need not mention their names, they know who they are.


    Quote Originally Posted by SixGunCowboy View Post
    No, I am trying to learn and educate others, and everybody keeps smacking me down. I thought this was a learning forum where we can all talk things out, not argue and bash others for what they don't know, which is what this has turned into.

    As I've had to warn others, this forum is filled with people who think it is their personal playground and they often give the entire forum a bad reputation. Remember when your parents told you just to ignore those who misbehave all the time because it's the attention they want? Do the same thing here. When you say anything they disagree with you'll have a bulls-eye on your username for some time. Sadly, admin won't remove and ban the problem children regardless of how bad they are. But, if you retaliate by lowering yourself to that standard the admin is quick to jump on you. Support it with anything factual and you're just going to get an argument in return.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by SixGunCowboy View Post
    No, I am trying to learn and educate others, and everybody keeps smacking me down. I thought this was a learning forum where we can all talk things out, not argue and bash others for what they don't know, which is what this has turned into.
    Sometimes we think we need to educate others, when it is "us" that need to open our minds to learn.

    Idk your story, and I do know that some a-holes may hang out here to make some people miserable. But, why let them win?

    When we quit, our enemies win by default. Personally, I don't want to give them the satisfaction. My suggestion to you is just not participate in certain conversations. Choose your conversations carefully and try to use words wisely.


    -
    Last edited by tcox4freedom; 11-12-2012 at 03:19 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Columbia MO
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    When "our" legislature" goes to work and there are OC bills, we'll need everyone we can get to push for our rights. There will be bills, no doubt about it, stick to your guns and fight for our rights, there are darn too few of us to do it!
    kinda like the tv show walking dead, theres alot of them and not many of us. We need to stick together and fight for our freedom and rights, we brake apart and its just a matter of time when we are finished. I dont always agree with whats said here, sometimes upset, ya i do, but this aint about me its about Americas future!!!! OUR future!!!

  12. #12
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,271
    Quote Originally Posted by SixGunCowboy View Post
    No, I am trying to learn and educate others, and everybody keeps smacking me down. I thought this was a learning forum where we can all talk things out, not argue and bash others for what they don't know, which is what this has turned into.
    Every forum or board is like this, some more, some less. If you are going to be social on the internet you need to develop a thick skin. Learn to pick your battles, and choose your words wisely. Read your posts enough times to be clear at least to yourself. Don't whine, that is like putting a neon sign above your head "pick on me". Never hold a grudge, have courage enough to agree with your enemies when they are right, and point a finger at your friends when they are wrong.

    Remember words on a anonymous internet board have no power unless you give it to them.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Wait a minute. Wasn't this the drama-guy from a couple weeks ago who thought he was being accused of being a criminal?

    Lemme see.

    Yep. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...91#post1847791
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-12-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  14. #14
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by SixGunCowboy View Post
    I am done with this forum. I see no further reason to utilise this forum for any reason. Go ahead and delete my profile. I want my profile deleted.
    Don't leave. Learn. One of the first things I saw you post was about giving up the 4A unless you have something to hide. You must realize this kind of statement will get folks excited. I would invite you to toughen up just a tiny bit and stay. Try and learn from those that have been around a long time.
    And......if you examine closely your own view and find it true, try to teach. But don't just quit.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  15. #15
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by SixGunCowboy View Post
    No, I am trying to learn and educate others, and everybody keeps smacking me down. I thought this was a learning forum where we can all talk things out, not argue and bash others for what they don't know, which is what this has turned into.
    Well, the choice is indeed yours and I am by no means the welcome wagon or even polite in general, I just do not make the effort. You have posted several things that were not true while representing them as true such as things that you said are against the law that are indeed perfectly legal activities. This forum does not go for that and specifically request one cite such things instead of spreading misinformation.

    You may think you were learning from this forum, however, it does not appear you are indeed open to learning sir.

    Your very first post a few months ago was indeed inaccurate stating that the river through KC some how rendered OC illegal. Cite : http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...54#post1767154

    A few days later you are posting that OC in Olathe is legal but only unloaded, again incorrect Cite: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...90#post1774890

    A couple of months later, not only are you incorrect, you are indeed correcting someone who was indeed correct in the first place. Cite: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...18#post1801618

    You sprung over to another states forum and started stating laws that did not exist cite :http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...65#post1818965

    You have a history of spreading inaccurate information and inserting your opinion as if it were indeed law and folks have smacked you down for it. If you are going to continue to do such things then you should take your exit as I can assure you, folks are going to continue to smack you down for it.

    You see, when you say "X is against the law" and it is not, no one knows how many folks have seen your misstatement before someone else corrects it and those folks who read it and believed it have become misinformed. That cost this site credibility and that is the reason the webmasters rules indicate one must cite when it comes to items of law. We actually should be better about it in the MO forum, but do tend to be more relaxed on it than others.

    No one is going to freak either way, stay or leave, but if the thought was that by leaving and asking that your user be deleted that previous misquotes of law and the corrections would disappear, you are going to be disappointed. It is pretty commonly known that while not 100% free speech, the forum in general does not support censorship and rarely deletes postings.

    You might consider staying a while and participate with cites instead of opinions, you might find that doing the research on a topic before putting forward an opinion will result in a great deal of learning, or not, your choice.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  16. #16
    Regular Member mechanicworkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    200
    Well everyone has a right to quit the form if they see fit but, being upset that over a repeated comments that may be opinion rather than fact has a tendency to get you brought back to the real world.

    Some times its easier to start from NO knowledge than unlearn bad information or a ways of doing things

    If being wrong has rubbed you the wrong way use the information positively and take your licks like a man and get your facts strait before.

    I can recall when I first joined this site MY FIRST post i was completely wrong I called a great many people out and was all but bulldozed into the ground but, you know something I have learned from it and people from within this site.There are many people on this site that post regularly and don't misquote, or take facts out of context displaying them as fact when they are OPINION or just plain untrue.

    We have enough of the BIAS media portraying things in a negatively and misinforming the public we don't need those to do so from within.


    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion however quoting opinion as fact is another thing.

    Many of the members on here are quite well versed in the laws many of which have been members for quite a long time with a great many posts. One would be wise to listen and learn!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

  17. #17
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Well.....SixGunCowboy.....if that's the way you feel...then C Ya!

    However, please be aware you are not right ALL the time. No one is....except maybe OC for Me .

    When on the interweb forums, there are opinions for every angle....so you will always be wrong, in someones eyes/mind, and others you may be right. So thick skin is a must or you will be a very frustrated individual! Calling people out and saying they are wrong are ok...but you had better be right or you will be castrated. Having a difference of opinion is another issue. IF you can't handle someone else opinion, then maybe it is good you vacate the forum.

    This forum is very educational.....sometimes it's hard to swallow, but it may be you were/are wrong and need to be educated. For some this is very difficult to accept.

    So, with all this said, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

  18. #18
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,269
    You rang?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Well.....SixGunCowboy.....if that's the way you feel...then C Ya!

    However, please be aware you are not right ALL the time. No one is....except maybe OC for Me .

    <snip>

    So, with all this said, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.
    I must admit, sadly, that it is a heavy burden that I bear.

    Quote Originally Posted by SixGunCowboy View Post
    I am done with this forum. I see no further reason to utilize this forum for any reason. Go ahead and delete my profile. I want my profile deleted.
    I have little time for those who profess liberty yet so freely give up their liberty. This is America and you have the absolute right to give up your liberty, for whatever reason suits you. But, to expect anti-liberty gibberish to be accepted as liberty centric is abhorrent. You, SixGunCowboy, are not anti-liberty in my view, you merely spouted anti-liberty gibberish.

    Stay or leave, your choice, but your words shall likely remain. So shall the truth, given in good faith, with kind warmheartedness, by loving, patriotic citizens, that expose your words for the anti-liberty gibberish that they are.

    Good luck in your future endeavors.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Spfld, Mo.
    Posts
    430
    Ok LMTD, I'll be the first to admit it. You made my head hurt with that last post. Incorrectly correcting someone who was actually correct which made you incorrect...is that correct?


  20. #20
    Regular Member mechanicworkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    200
    LMTD...........I must agree well written! Hard to follow up with anything after that!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

  21. #21
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    The OPer seems to be hyper-sensitive. I wonder. If he stays now, how long will it be before he flies off the handle again? We've had a few of these over the years. I can't remember any that got over it and stayed long term.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  22. #22
    Regular Member Red Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern VA, with too many people
    Posts
    404
    Citizen: I did, I did....When I was new here, I thought I knew alot, and got the total beating of my lifetime. HOWEVER...being over the age of 40, and a learned enough person, I shut up, read up, and listened up...And now, i am quieter, and smarter.....Meaning I took your advice, and was one of those that was getting ready to take my toys and run....But stuck it out...
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
    Citizen: I did, I did....When I was new here, I thought I knew alot, and got the total beating of my lifetime. HOWEVER...being over the age of 40, and a learned enough person, I shut up, read up, and listened up...And now, i am quieter, and smarter.....Meaning I took your advice, and was one of those that was getting ready to take my toys and run....But stuck it out...
    Great! Thanks for staying. Cool avatar, by the way.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  24. #24
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,271
    Does anybody mind, if while taking a break from beating the dead horse, I feed some of it to my dogs?
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •