• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constiututional Carry Bill - Drafting

TheQ

Any updates on the draft process?

No one's handed me anything yet :)

I have many many things to do: President of MOC, Ingham County Coordinator for C4L, Work Full time, keeping up a house, etc. I'm looking for someone to help. Will you? :)

FreeInAZ

No one's handed me anything yet :)

I have many many things to do: President of MOC, Ingham County Coordinator for C4L, Work Full time, keeping up a house, etc. I'm looking for someone to help. Will you? :)

Phil please do not take this personally. I was not addressing this directly to you. We have all heard about how busy your life is many, many, times. As our most of ours. I was just kind of giving a general bump/how's it going.

I'd be happy to do my best, be it research etc... just let me know what it is you (or others) would like to work on.

TheQ

I'd be happy to do my best, be it research etc... just let me know what it is you (or others) would like to work on.

I need someone to take the lead in drafting. Someone who will get ideas from others, write something, and work with me on getting a package put together. Sounds like I can count on you, thanks :)

FreeInAZ

I need someone to take the lead in drafting. Someone who will get ideas from others, write something, and work with me on getting a package put together. Sounds like I can count on you, thanks :)

Translation - you need someone to do it all, and you'll take it from there... oh, I see. I see business as usual, you have a bright future in Lansing Phil. ;) Seriously so we are starting from the ground up ok. Lets break this project into chunks as I've been told that's the only sane way to attempt to eat an elephant. Now I'm going to go to bed and try to forget this day happened. Carry on..openly..for now..

TheQ

Translation - you need someone to do it all, and you'll take it from there... oh, I see. I see business as usual, you have a bright future in Lansing Phil. ;) Seriously so we are starting from the ground up ok. Lets break this project into chunks as I've been told that's the only sane way to attempt to eat an elephant. Now I'm going to go to bed and try to forget this day happened. Carry on..openly..for now..

I have people that coordinate things for me on a regular basis. Michigan Open Carry has many volunteers. I try to give credit when and where it is due.

autosurgeon

A good leader delegates as if they try and do it all themselves they will burn out and do a poor job at everything. We are already over extended with the number of people who actually volunteer and really get something done. We hear lots of talk but little action from many.... A case in point is the litter pickups we do as community outreach... 25 people at a dinner as little to no effort is involved... try and give back to the community and 5 people show up including the organizer.

IMOP until we have people who actually bring something to the table and go out and do some work on their own we have no business tackling the job just to do it badly because we don't have enough help. MOC has much on their plate and I feel we do very well with the number of active participants we have. If we had more active participants we could do more it is as simple as that.