• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's no longer open carry friendly.

FTG-05

FWIW, I carried openly there on Wednesday afternoon, and stopped at the firearm check on my way in. There was a man and a woman working, and I asked them if the sign meant that they no longer approved of open carry. The told me that as long as I don't intend on removing my sidearm from the holster, that open carry is fine. The sign is still misleadinging, IMO.

I have it on my voice recorder if anybody cares.

Good job! :banana:

[we need a beer animation!]

Deepdiver36

This confirms what I have been claiming this entire time. Nothing has changed and no worries with OC. This was something that just got blown out of proportion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeSparky

Centurion
My experience Thursday afternoon at the Lehi Cabellas store....

Upon entering with my son, grandson, and wife my wife announces to me that there is a "firearms checking station" as we are turning right going towards the aquarium (4yr old grandson leading the way). I more quietly state that my sidearm is NOT in for service. And proceed about 10 feet before one of the 2 persons at the check-in station stops me by asking if I am planning to un-holster my sidearm for any reason. I state that my gun is NOT in for service, then turn and walk away.... I should have said "only if needed for defense of self or family!"

Nothing further!

I strongly suspect this interaction was specifically precipitated by MY WIFE!

Freedom1Man

https://cabelas.custhelp.com/app/an...sion/L3RpbWUvMTM1NTQxNTAxMi9zaWQvSGE2Vy1FZGw=

Carry Concealed Firearm Policy (Retail Stores)
What is your store policy for concealed-carry firearms?

If you have a concealed carry permit and it is valid within the state where the store is located, Cabela's honors your right to carry as long as it is completely concealed.

States with open carry provisions will be allowed as long as the firearm remains in the holster.
Law enforcement officials, state and federal authorized personnel (e.g. FBI officials, armored truck drivers, ATF officials) are permitted to carry weapons openly in the store.