• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave The Liquor Barn in Danville.

flb_78

Told to leave The Liquor Barn in Danville.

I was told to leave the premises Saturday afternoon at the Liquor Barn in Danville.

It's only the 2nd time I had been in there. I carried in the last time with no problems.

Saturday I was looking to buy a keg of beer. I walked, across the store, asked at the tap counter about kegs and was directed to the customer service desk.

I went to the customer service desk on the other side of the building, spoke with the lady at the counter, she directed me to the cooler room and the prices and availability were posted in that room. She even walked me half way there to show me the door.

I was inside checking the list and costs when another woman came in asked me if I was LEO. When I informed her that I was not a LEO, she told me that my firearm was not welcome and that I had to leave. I did not argue, I just left and went to a local brewery and bought a keg of craft beer for only $20 more than a keg of domestic swill.

If you're ever in Danville, stop by Lore Brewing and support a local company who supports the right to carry.

Last edited:

langzaiguy

I open carried at the the Liquor Barn in Lexington before and was not hassled. A couple weeks later, however, they displayed a "no-firearms" sign. I have tried to contact them several times and have not heard back. I have left negative reviews on Google concerning their anti-constitution, anti-business, and anti-common sense policies.

Also, I was carded once and showed them my CCDW for ID and they refused my sale until I showed them my driver's license. 1)It's a state issued picture ID and 2)you can't even have one UNLESS you're 21--you don't even have to check the birth date. I called back and talked to the manager about the situation. I asked him what identification they would recognize and they said either a driver's license or passport. I asked them 1)what if a customer doesn't have a driver's license--maybe they walked, or took a cab; or 2)maybe they had no intention of making a purchase and were simply part of a larger party. He said that they would be out of luck. I tried to point something out that seemed common sense but you really can't relate logic to some people. If I were more liberal, I might accuse them of subjugating a class of people that may not be able to afford transportation or the identification needed for it.

At the end of the day, it's their business and they can run it however they want to. The least we can do is do them a favor and let our friends and family know that we're not welcome there.

flb_78

yup, they actually did me a favor though by kicking me out. I bought better beer somewhere else.

As for the ID thing, I have a state issued ID card that I keep in front of my DL and use it instead of my DL. It was only $5.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... I just left and went to a local brewery and bought a keg of craft beer for only $20 more than a keg of domestic swill...

PLEASE write them a letter and enclose a copy of the receipt.

Maybe leave out the word "swill" but focus on the "buying elsewhere" part.

I am glad you got better beer, though!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I applaud your actions, I applaud the gods who guided you to a better beer.

And for just a slight diversion, while we are on the topic of beer, I offer this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...poro_n_2258735.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Does beer have anti-virus powers? According to a new study funded by Japanese beer company Sapporo Breweries, a "key ingredient" found in the world's most popular alcoholic beverage may very well help stave off winter sniffles.

Researchers at Sapporo Medical University found that humulone, a chemical compound in hops, was effective against the respiratory syncytial (RS) virus, AFP reports. In addition, humulone was also found to have an anti-inflammatory effect, according to Sapporo's news release.

The research was funded by a brewery, which raises questions about the validity of the results. But still, why take a chance?

And to ensure that everyone understand that this is OC related, I am OCing while typing this.:p

stay safe.