• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Official-like document omits "concealed"

TheQ

It's an MSP document. You'd have to gripe to the MSP. Maybe autosurgeon could reach out to his MSP contacts....?

Jakeus314

I mentioned the omission of the word concealed to the County Clerk. They said to call the Michigan State police at 517-241-1917.

-jakeus

Jakeus314

I just got off the phone with them. They referred me to a different person:
517-241-1906
Sgt Maike

The lady said that the word concealed in 425o is essentially a mistake. She also said that because open carry is not specifically allowed in MCL, the law isn't clear on what is legal in PFZ's.

I think the law is very clear and am rather disturbed by the argument... Like many of you rightfully are. 2A is a right. Do not infringe on my constitutional right.

Anywho, I'll give Maike a call and see what comes of it.

-jakeus

xmanhockey7

I just got off the phone with them. They referred me to a different person:
517-241-1906
Sgt Maike

The lady said that the word concealed in 425o is essentially a mistake. She also said that because open carry is not specifically allowed in MCL, the law isn't clear on what is legal in PFZ's.

I think the law is very clear and am rather disturbed by the argument... Like many of you rightfully are. 2A is a right. Do not infringe on my constitutional right.

Anywho, I'll give Maike a call and see what comes of it.

-jakeus

Interesting because the law itself specifically says "concealed" I wonder why they wouldn't want to put the law in word for word.

xmanhockey7

It would seem to me when the CONCEALED carry laws were written the legislature wanted to regulate CONCEALED carry. Which is why we have a CONCEALED pistol license and the laws reference the carry of a CONCEALED pistol. Of course I could very well be wrong.

griffin

It would seem to me when the CONCEALED carry laws were written the legislature wanted to regulate CONCEALED carry. Which is why we have a CONCEALED pistol license and the laws reference the carry of a CONCEALED pistol. Of course I could very well be wrong.

Stop using logic.
twak.gif

Yance

Lol Xman, you've been around long enough to know better than to use logic :p

The more sense it makes the more confusing it is to those people.

Last edited: