• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

West valley target shooting area that is not a range

Paver1055

Anyone know of a good area in the west valley to go target practice shooting that is not a range? Would love to practice more draw shots. Thanks in advance

Take grand to 163rd and turn right. Follow 163rd all the way til it dead ends on a dirt road forcing you to turn left. You'll see a sign saying you can shoot within a mile of homes. Turn right into the river bed, go a mike and shoot away :)

Paver1055

Take grand to 163rd and turn right. Follow 163rd all the way til it dead ends on a dirt road forcing you to turn left. You'll see a sign saying you can shoot within a mile of homes. Turn right into the river bed, go a mike and shoot away :)

I'll check it out

JesseL

It's state trust land out there. Technically the only kind of shooting you're legally allowed to do out there is hunting.

I understand it's accepted as an informal shooting spot, but understand you could be cited for it.

Paver1055

It's state trust land out there. Technically the only kind of shooting you're legally allowed to do out there is hunting.

I understand it's accepted as an informal shooting spot, but understand you could be cited for it.

Thanks, jesseL. I know there are areas around, I would love to find one and not be in trouble for working with wife and boys on proper shooting.

davidmcbeth

Banned

I wonder if your right to practice would allow one to practice on your land (as long as no danger to others can be proven).

But if he can hunt, it would imply its safe.

TOF

I wonder if your right to practice would allow one to practice on your land (as long as no danger to others can be proven).

But if he can hunt, it would imply its safe.

Our local deputy has indicated shooting safely on ones own property in the county is acceptable when done safely and in a manner that doesn't unduly disturb the peace. Just don't let one get away over the berm.