• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please sign the petition to stop the ban of small arms of the American people.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
You'd think the ratification fight that forced the writing of the Bill of Rights was enough of a petition.

But, I guess sometimes (always!) the tyrannical schmucks need re-petitioning.

ETA: You know, that suggests something. I've always resisted naming any of my weapons (that were all lost in a tragic boating accident). But, maybe the name Petition wouldn't be so bad. Kinda like naming your sword Pen, or Pen Sharpener.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
This petition will do nothing but put your name in a White House database. Do you think Obama cares what we have to say? He has made his intentions blatantly obvious, and he would rid this Country of the Second Amendment if given the chance, and he is aiming for that chance.

If we really want to make a difference we need to contact our US Senators and tell them to support the Bill of Rights and Constitution. Before the election Obama did not have enough votes to ratify, however, now that the election is over for 30 some Senators for atleast six years, they could have had a change of heart.

We all know the level of contempt Obama has for the Constitution and Bill of Rights, and signing a petition will do nothing to change his mind, or make him have a change of heart.

And, person DJ, most of us here are very capable of discovering our own truths, and we know the truth about the UN ATT. It will indeed infringe upon our Second Amendment rights, and you trying to convince us otherwise will not work. We come to conclusions based on facts, not on what someone told us (like most liberals being brain-washed by the lamestream media). The facts are that this is bad for gun-owners, and everyone that enjoys their freedom. This treaty violates our Constitution before it is even ratified, and therefore it is un-Constitutional.

The previous attempt was bad enough; I would venture to guess that this attempt will really take a swing at our Second Amendment.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
For what reason. If it is the UN thing I don't believe it has anything to do with us.

Oh, sure it does. As Supermoderator Mike pointed out in another thread, if the treaty purports to regulate small arms, then arguably the fedgov could be handing itself powers to regulate intra-state transport, possession, and use of firearms via the treaty power. These are powers the fedgov currently does not have--they are state powers.

mustangkiller

First and foremost, KYGlockster, thank you for your concern but I can almost guarantee I am already in a WH database. Haha I'll let ya know when they throw a hood over my face and haul me away....wait, I prolly won't be able to do that. I have also already talked to my Senator, Blake Farenhold. He said the treaty was laughable and would be fighting tooth and nail to kill it if it ever cokes up for ratification. So I guess that's good news for all of us. I'll report back when I get a call back from our other Senator. Also, I know our petition holds little to no weight but it's one of those trivial things that makes me feel a little better and puts Obama "on notice" that we will not go quietly. Maybe, just maybe, he'll think about the consequences of putting his name on things. Prolly not though.

Phoenix David

First and foremost, KYGlockster, thank you for your concern but I can almost guarantee I am already in a WH database. Haha I'll let ya know when they throw a hood over my face and haul me away....wait, I prolly won't be able to do that. I have also already talked to my Senator, Blake Farenhold. He said the treaty was laughable and would be fighting tooth and nail to kill it if it ever cokes up for ratification. So I guess that's good news for all of us. I'll report back when I get a call back from our other Senator. Also, I know our petition holds little to no weight but it's one of those trivial things that makes me feel a little better and puts Obama "on notice" that we will not go quietly. Maybe, just maybe, he'll think about the consequences of putting his name on things. Prolly not though.

The current occupier of the White House doesn't care, you (we) are the minority, we have jobs and pay taxes. Since over 47% of the people don't pay taxes it will continue that way until the economy of the US collapses. They would be stupid to vote for anyone else that would stop their way of life and make them pay taxes.

Redbaron007

I don't know if this is the same person using different alias, but it seems this is popping up in other forums. I think this is the third/forth one this week.

King Obama is not the person you need to try and influence...it's your Senators and State Reps.....OBTW, King Obama is not influenced by these petitions. According to the site, there are 150+ different petitions for various issues....e.g....Removing Mitch McConnell, open a local murder case for review, etc.

YMMV

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
As Redbaron007 has said, contact your Senators and tell them that you want them to oppose the treaty if it ever comes up for a vote. Tell them that their vote on the treaty will be one of the things that helps you decide to support their reelection or to work to get them un-elected. (There is a big difference in getting someone un'elected and supporting their opponent. Think on it a while - it should come to you if you do not already understand the difference.)

Emails are good. Snail mail is better if only because it shows you were concerned enough about the issue to use the time to put words on paper, find an envelope, find a stamp, and then find the Post Office. Phone calls are possibly the best if for no other reasson that demonstrating you are not afraid of them (many folks are intimidated by the thought of making in-person contacts) or any recordings they may make (if you wear a tin-foil beanie).

stay safe.

Logan 5

How many wars has the UN won?

Ok, with that in mind, NOW what kind of threat do you feel the UN is to you?

If any politician negotiates with a non-American group or entity the dissolution of our Constitutional rights, you do realize that is outright treason, right?
What are you going to do then? "Petition" the government for their permission to declare a revolutionary/civil war against them?

Uhhh, your 14 year old daughter is being raped by thugs. Are you going to petition the cops to do something about it? Are you going to politely ask the perp to stop?
Petitioning the government to stop disrespecting the US Constitution is about like asking john Wayne Gacy to quit raping little kids. It didn't work with him and it won't work with the government.