• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Antis have landed...

davidmcbeth

Banned
Gaddard is an idiot of course ... the guy bought the guns legally (http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/20/nation/la-na-nn-colorado-shooting-20120720).

What people need to be informed of is that we have the right to protect ourselves from the government. So what do people want? A few isolated pissed off people killing a small number of unlucky people or thousands of deaths from government agents against us?

The framers of our constitution already answered their opinion and made it the law of the land.

He don't like our constitution just because he got shot? Suck it up loser.

SPOProds

This will probably be rolled into Finch's anti-violence campaign. Along with a march and protest by parents.

ETA: You would think his response to being shot would be GET ARMED :banghead:

Last edited:

Good Citizen

No Firearms exception to Terry V Ohio

“John Marshall Lee told the audience one thing they can do is report things they see. There is a way they can do so anonymously. "You'll feel stronger if you do," he said!”

Too bad that there is no firearm exception to terry v. Ohio. It appears he could be under some instances Advising college students to file complaints that, cant legally go anywhere, he is the one posabally endangering the public!
My Reference Material:
Holding: An anonymous tip that a person of a particular description and at specified location is carrying a firearm is not enough to justify a Terry stop and frisk by police officers. Syllabus
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
FLORIDA v. J. L.
CERTIORARI TO THE SUPREME COURT OF FLORIDA

"Reese, meanwhile, wants to stage a "100-mom march" through the streets of Bridgeport."

Id go to that and open carry, I would try to get my old lady to march in it open carrying.

LQM

Was he legal to do so?

""After he recovered from his wounds, Goddard went to work for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, going undercover to gun shows, where he was able to buy guns with little or no identification or background checks."" (http://www.ctpost.com/local/article...victim-speaks-at-UB-4031102.php#ixzz2CBG9Zbau)

My question is this, how many guns shows is he talking about? How many different states? Was he legal to purchase those firearms in each of those locations? And if he did in fact engage in an illegal transfer just to prove how easy it was, why is he not liable?

... and another thing.....

""Goddard rejects the argument some have made that if other students had been armed that day at Norris Hall, they could have defended themselves and fewer would have died.

"We can't have shootouts on campuses. That would be ridiculous," Goddard said. (http://www.ctpost.com/local/article...victim-speaks-at-UB-4031102.php#ixzz2CBHf77Dw)

Really!!?? Had someone stopped this shooter before he got to Mr. Goddard, would he be touring the country today talking about his documentary?

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

Great!</sarcasm>

First of all, I completely sympathize with Mr. Goddard for what he has been through - which was awful to be sure. However, It's really tough for me to understand his reasoning (or anyone who's been in harms way) for adopting a stance alongside the Brady Campaign. Maybe just ignorance or misguidance? Who knows anyone's true motivations, I guess...

It seems like accepting personal responsibility for anything these days is in short supply. The easier route is to throw out blame, be the victim and maybe make some money at the same time on the lecture/book circuit. Not that there is anything wrong with making money - I highly support it. But when it impacts others' personal, constitutional freedoms? Not cool sir, not cool at all. My grandfather, who is a WWII veteran said it best: "You know, your generation and so on are really turning out to be a bunch of whiny bitches..." - his exact words. It would have been really funny (it's totally out of his character to say something like that) if it hadn't been so true.

A paragraph in the article which really irked me:

<snip>Goddard rejects the argument some have made that if other students had been armed that day at Norris Hall, they could have defended themselves and fewer would have died. "We can't have shootouts on campuses. That would be ridiculous," Goddard said.</snip> Uhhhh...Mr. Goddard? You did have a shootout on campus. What is ridiculous is that none of you could respond effectively and potentially stop the killing. I write potentially as I do not like dealing in absolutes (unlike the Anti crowd). I fully recognize that having a gun doesn't automatically mean that you win an engagement. But without one? Well, we see time and time again how that pretty much turns out. It really bothers me when people don't learn from history and actual facts - it just seems so foolish and illogical.

Anyway, good luck to Mr. Goddard - I sincerely hope that he doesn't end up with any additional scars (physically & emotionally). Hopefully an armed good guy/girl will be in the immediate vicinity next time to help him out.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Great!</sarcasm>

First of all, I completely sympathize with Mr. Goddard for what he has been through - which was awful to be sure. .

I don't have any sympathy for this guy .. only disdain for trying to make $$ out of this and trying to make people feel sorry for him.

Grow a pair ! I've been shot at .. ya don't hear me complaining about guns regarding the incident.

Boo-hoo ... go cry to your momma.

If anyone knows of another appearance from this cry baby, I would like to be in the audience and offer my suggestions to him.

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

I don't have any sympathy for this guy .. only disdain for trying to make $$ out of this and trying to make people feel sorry for him.

Grow a pair ! I've been shot at .. ya don't hear me complaining about guns regarding the incident.

Boo-hoo ... go cry to your momma.

If anyone knows of another appearance from this cry baby, I would like to be in the audience and offer my suggestions to him.

David,

I must admit it's hard for me too to have sympathy for someone like the guy in question who obviously is ignorant or misguided. I guess I'm just an empathic person by nature and will always feel bad for someone that has been filled with holes by some nut-job no matter what their personal politics are. I would also love give him some guidance, such as: get some training & buy a frick'n firearm, dude....

davidmcbeth

Banned
David,

I must admit it's hard for me too to have sympathy for someone like the guy in question who obviously is ignorant or misguided. I guess I'm just an empathic person by nature and will always feel bad for someone that has been filled with holes by some nut-job no matter what their personal politics are. I would also love give him some guidance, such as: get some training & buy a frick'n firearm, dude....

I understand .. not everyone is as sophisticated as me ... ;)

My dictionary does not contain the word "empathy" ... you got the deluxe version...har har har

ps saw the bell ringers today at the grocery store ... Xmas is here !

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

I understand .. not everyone is as sophisticated as me ... ;)

My dictionary does not contain the word "empathy" ... you got the deluxe version...har har har

ps saw the bell ringers today at the grocery store ... Xmas is here !

LOL (well, maybe more of a muffled snicker - I am at work after all...)

Re: bell ringers - I noticed that too the other day. Time just seems to be flying (or maybe I'm just starting to get old).

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
IMHO - it is all about his attempt to put meaning to his life and have some control over it. He lost something that fateful day (control) and is trying futilely to regain some of it. He is a self-promoting, empty shirt. Facts are his enemy, emotions and distortions his friends.

How sad.

How many people are drinking his Koolade? Darn few - their numbers have almost diminished to the point of non-existence.

self preservation

IMHO - it is all about his attempt to put meaning to his life and have some control over it. He lost something that fateful day (control) and is trying futilely to regain some of it. He is a self-promoting, empty shirt. Facts are his enemy, emotions and distortions his friends.

How sad.

How many people are drinking his Koolade? Darn few - their numbers have almost diminished to the point of non-existence.

Well said. And I hope you are right about the numbers diminishing to the point of non-existence.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well said. And I hope you are right about the numbers diminishing to the point of non-existence.

Paul Helmke, long time president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and the Brady Center, has quit. From what I hear, both are on the ropes financially, begging for money.