• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5.11 Tactical Holster Shirt

GrandZJ

I just picked one up at Cabela's a few days ago. I was leery of the $70 price tag, but if you factor a good compression shirt is around $35 and a good holster is at least $50, it's not too bad.

I chose it because I needed absolute deep concealment as I was normally pocket-carrying my Ruger LCP in a DeSantis Superfly, but felt that I needed to step it up a notch. The shirt is well made and comfortable. I normally wear medium sized shirts, jackets, and hoodies, but took a large in this because of the tight-fitting nature of these shirt styles.

I give it an 8/10. I subtracted 1 point for the pockets being too deep for belly guns, and another point for making quick-draws difficult. I'm not worried about it though as my need for ultra deep-concealment was enough to outweigh the need for drawing lightning fast. I'll be buying one in a V-neck style, and a sleeveless for the summer.

Anyone else have one, or want to share their thoughts?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Sounds cool! How does the retention work? Is there waterproof material to keep sweat off the gun?

Out of sheer curiosity, why the need for such deep concealment, if you wish to divulge it.

GrandZJ

Here's a pic from the web.
511tacnara.jpg

Since it's a compression-style shirt, it's like a second skin. When you put a gun, keys, wallet, phone, etc in the holster pockets, they're pretty much right against your form no matter what you're doing. My LCP stays put even when jogging. The pockets have two 1x1 velcro squares keeping them closed so nothing comes out. The shirt material has moisture-wicking properties so your gun will stay dry and so will you, unless you're sweating bullets (ha).

I tried my S&W M&P 9c in it and I found with my body build that the flat-bottom magazine is the only one that I can make disappear with an overshirt. The finger extension one pokes out a bit too much.

And my reasons are secret :p

Last edited:

Malcolm

There's those Kangaroo shirts too.

I don't have any experience with them. But I've always thought about giving them a try. The 5.11's look pretty impressive. I might have to drop the bread and get one. I just ordered a custom shoulder rig, should be in after Christmas. I'll be doing a review on it then. I think these compression shirts are probably really good for warmer climates. That's what I'd be interested in it for. no cotton, a light shirt can be worn over them. could be good concealment.

If you want the best in "deep concealment". I would highly recommend the Cell Pal, deep concealment holster, that things no joke. Tested it at a gun show. It's $80 and worth every penny. I'm a small guy and I concealed a full size 1911 in tight pants. Amazing. and you can access the weapon quick. Faster than any shoulder rig or ankle rig out there. I currently have a long list of wants and needs, but that Cell Pal eventually will become part of my EDC system, there's no doubt.