• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lets write a better petition

Lasjayhawk

Not a we want to leave the country one.
For a starting point:
We the People petition the United States Government to follow the rules for this country as written in the Constitution. You will respect our 1st amendment rights and stop locking people up if you don't like their facebook posts. You will respect our 2nd amendment rights and stop infringing on our right to bear arms. You will respect our 4th amendments rights and stop searching us without cause when we are withing 100 miles of the border, or in an airport going to see grandma for thanksgiving. You will respect our 5th amendment rights and stop fighting to be able to detain US citizens without due process.

You guys get the idea. Rewrite/ rephrase/ add on like some 10th amendment stuff here in the thread. When we get something we mostly like, we'll post it and try to get a few million signatures

help me out. :)

FreeInAZ

Preface: I mean no disrespect.

I think that we as a people (the vast majority of Americans) are good, honest folk. Once enough of us raise our voices (peacefully) they will be heard. Until then, griping on-line or sending cyber petitions to Washington DC is an exercise in futility and wasted energy. Now organize a Million or more people to March on the Captiol complex and basically shut down the capitol via traffic gridlock and other peaceful forms of disruption - then, and only then, will you have the attention of your "servants" in DC. Only then do you/we have a chance of being heard, before things get so far out of hand that there is no chance of a coming back from the brink.

Offer olive branches first above all else, once that fails and there is no other choice left, then offer up arrows (see the US dollar Eagle picture if you don't understand the ref.).

CLIFF NOTED -> for the informational/history challenged here SECEDE = CIVIL WAR; always has, always will, see Civil War. Are you ready to spill the blood of your countrymen? Over what? All this talk is just that, thankfully in my honest opinion. Let us hope cool heads prevail. I for one don't want to be trying to kill my cousins on a battlefield in Gettysburg PA anytime soon because we may have different political views.:uhoh:

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

Not a we want to leave the country one.
For a starting point:
We the People petition the United States Government to follow the rules for this country as written in the Constitution. You will respect our 1st amendment rights and stop locking people up if you don't like their facebook posts. You will respect our 2nd amendment rights and stop infringing on our right to bear arms. You will respect our 4th amendments rights and stop searching us without cause when we are withing 100 miles of the border, or in an airport going to see grandma for thanksgiving. You will respect our 5th amendment rights and stop fighting to be able to detain US citizens without due process.

You guys get the idea. Rewrite/ rephrase/ add on like some 10th amendment stuff here in the thread. When we get something we mostly like, we'll post it and try to get a few million signatures

help me out. :)

Sincere question; not trying to be snarky...how, exactly, does anyone expect a petition that says "You will respect..." to actually enforce such respect, when they ignore more powerful documents already in place to allegedly restrain their authority?

In other words, if the Hologram of Liberty (aka the Constitution) isn't restraining them from curb stomping our rights, then how exactly will a petition accomplish what the Constitution couldn't?

Lasjayhawk

None taken.

But we need to address our grievances before anything can happen (good or bad)

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance. (TSA EPA Etc.)

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation: (Can you say UN)

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent: (Obamacare?)

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences: (Something in the NDAA involving a base in Cuba?)

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, (Nothing like a little race or class warfare is there.)

I'm not saying anybody should do anything, but create a list of 'issues' in a forum that might require the government to address them

Lasjayhawk

Sincere question; not trying to be snarky...how, exactly, does anyone expect a petition that says "You will respect..." to actually enforce such respect, when they ignore more powerful documents already in place to allegedly restrain their authority?

In other words, if the Hologram of Liberty (aka the Constitution) isn't restraining them from curb stomping our rights, then how exactly will a petition accomplish what the Constitution couldn't?

To put a list in a forum that will get public attention, and maybe a few million signatures will require a reply and might get MSM attention.

compmanio365

What I've been saying for a while....petitions and letters, phone calls.....all a waste of time. The only thing these people will understand after being left to do what they want for so long, is what is right in front of them. As FreeInAZ stated, a peaceable million man march on the capitol would wake some people up and possibly get the message through that those in office had better start shaping up and flying right. If the message is not heard, well.....the next march might not be so peaceable.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Truer words.......

KYKevin

What I've been saying for a while....petitions and letters, phone calls.....all a waste of time. The only thing these people will understand after being left to do what they want for so long, is what is right in front of them. As FreeInAZ stated, a peaceable million man march on the capitol would wake some people up and possibly get the message through that those in office had better start shaping up and flying right. If the message is not heard, well.....the next march might not be so peaceable.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Truer words.......

Better to start in your own states and hold local and state politicians responsible for doing there jobs and standing up to the Feds.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Brace yourself, because you are going to read som strange words from a known and avowed curmudgeon and Luddite:

Petitions were the social media of the past, but do nothing today except look pretty, feel good, and remind us why grammar and spelling are important. So are "marches on/for __". Just ask the Tea Party how effective their soiree on The Mall in DC was.

Modern social media has been behind almost every social uprising (from Occupy to Tahir Square to the English college funding, French opposition to/support for Sharia law, Greek economics and pension "rights", to -- well, name just about anything, including flash mobs (the originals and the criminal acts being called such) and the latest in zombie walks.

Just because I don't use the technology does not mean I don't know about it and how effective it is. Just remember that when The Revolution v2.0 starts I will need a phone call or email, please.

stay safe.