Thread: Open carry vs concealed carry....use your brain!!

Open carry vs concealed carry....use your brain!!

Now that i got your attention,,i just have to say when it comes down to open carry vs concealed carry ,,, you have to be smart about it.
    do not open carry just to prevoke an incident so you can prove yourself lawfull for doing so!!...i see soo many people who think its cool to open carry just to "get a rise" out of people,law inforcement exct.STOP!!....dont do that crap if your one of them!!,,,,only thing this does is ruin it for the rest of us who know when to use descretion....thank you!!
    with everything going on in the news,shooting,un gun bans moving forward,,,,,be smart!!..do not open carry in a damn movie theatre just after we just had the batman shooting!!!.....again,,,USE YOUR BRAINS..im not calling anyone out on this issue,,im just saying were all adults!...use descretion
    WHY????????...because its the smart way to do things.

Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 11-13-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Banned
    People are free to carry any way they choose, done legally. Why would you infringe on someone's right to carry (open of concealed)?

Your using the same reasons as the gov't uses to ban carry....

Quote Originally Posted by crambone219 View Post
    ...i see soo many people who think its cool to open carry just to "get a rise" out of people,law inforcement exct.STOP!!....dont do that crap if your one of them!!,,,,only thing this does is ruin it for the rest of us who know when to use descretion....thank you!!
    hello neighbor!,,,,im an open carrier (when its appropriate) living in GRIFFITH...i do not see many people open cary around our neck of the woods,,but occasionaly
    I'm confused... are you saying you see too many people OC'ing or not many people OC'ing? Or, is it that you don't see many people OC'ing but of those rare people you do see OC'ing there are so many who are OC'ing to get attention?

Better call the grammar and troll police.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Now that i got your attention,,i just have to say when it comes down to open carry vs concealed carry ,,, you have to be smart about it.
    do not open carry just to prevoke an incident so you can prove yourself lawfull for doing so!!...i see soo many people who think its cool to open carry just to "get a rise" out of people,law inforcement exct.STOP!!....dont do that crap if your one of them!!,,,,only thing this does is ruin it for the rest of us who know when to use descretion....thank you!!
    with everything going on in the news,shooting,un gun bans moving forward,,,,,be smart!!..do not open carry in a damn movie theatre just after we just had the batman shooting!!!.....again,,,USE YOUR BRAINS..im not calling anyone out on this issue,,im just saying were all adults!...use descretion
    WHY????????...because its the smart way to do things.
    Quit being racist.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Better call the grammar and troll police.
    My spell-check went into overload and then shut down when it encountered that post.

if you think I OC because I want attention or OC just to make a statement, you've got quite a bit of reading to do on here. It's a freedom that not everyone has, how you choose to carry your self defense tools is of little importance really.

Wouldn't seeing a LAC with a gun in a movie theatre after a mass shooting be more comforting than alarming? course many people have their heads up their tailpipe and think guns are scary; where if everyone was armed, one nut case wouldn't get too far. How many mass shootings have there been at gun shows?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    People are free to carry any way they choose, done legally. Why would you infringe on someone's right to carry (open of concealed)?

Your using the same reasons as the gov't uses to ban carry....
    .......................this is exactly what im talking about...not even willing to use common sense or descretion.
    obviously another person who does not care about the rest,and YOU SIR are the reason we have problems and gun bans!!
    its your way or the highway,and do you DO NOT THINK of what your doing while your doing it.

.......................this is exactly what im talking about...not even willing to use common sense or descretion.
    obviously another person who does not care about the rest,and YOU SIR are the reason we have problems and gun bans!!
    its your way or the highway,and do you DO NOT THINK of what your doing while your doing it.

Isn't that what you came here for? To tell us to check with you to see if it's an appropriate time or place to be carrying openly?

Please give us a list of when and where your discretion tells you that I can't carry openly, so I don't have to wait for a response.

Also, you might consider using MS Word to type out your response, then run a spelling and grammar check before you C&P it here. It'll make communication a good deal easier.

...i just have to say when it comes down to open carry vs concealed carry...
    You didn't actually have to say it, but you went ahead and blurted it out anyway. That doesn't strike me as very smart or discretionary.

Did you post this just to provoke an incident or get a rise out of people here? Don't do that crap. It ruins it for the rest of us who know how to respect the entirety of our rights, rather than simply promoting our own personal preferences or biases.

Use your brain.

Formerly St. Louis, MI, now New Haven, Indiana, USA
    crambone, how about this; I won't give a damn about how atrocious your spelling and grammar is, and in turn, I won't give a damn about what you think of open carry? Deal? (for the chromatically challenged, think purple)

I find it ironic that a less than one month member with 10 posts comes onto a open carry site to diss open carry and says "use your brains".
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I find it ironic that a less than one month member with 10 posts comes onto a open carry site to diss open carry and says "use your brains".
    Don't you mean "moronic"?

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Don't you mean "moronic"?
    Makes me wonder just where they are concealing their brains...
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    You guys are looking at this all wrong. I mean, you should be more appreciative that crambone (ROFLMAO over this one, BTW) took precious time out of his busy schedule to come here and share his obviously superior insight into this subject with all of us who are just blinded by all the attention we get from open carrying. You people obviously aren't nearly appreciative enough.

don't they have CC websites?

Quote Originally Posted by oc1911 View Post
    don't they have CC websites?
    DU would be far more appropriate given the grammar and lack of critical thinking skills currently exhibited by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by cce1302
    Isn't that what you came here for? To tell us to check with you to see if it's an appropriate time or place to be carrying openly?
    If you read his/her/its other posts, you've pretty much nailed the attitude.
    Carrying in CA is bad, even if you do it according to the law. Protest, making a point, is bad.
    OC is done to cause confrontation.
    OCers are stupid and "nut jobs".
    Only OC when it's "appropriate".

Quote Originally Posted by troll
    do not open carry just to prevoke [sic] an incident so you can prove yourself lawfull [sic] for doing so
    I suggest you read up on your state's self-defense laws, because I don't know of any place where what you suggest is lawful*. If you provoke an attack, you lose the right of self-defense until you withdraw from the conflict.

If you mean something more along the lines of "stop baiting police"... well, that's sort of like telling an undercover vice cop to stop baiting johns. If there's nothing bad there to begin with, they can't be baited. If the cops follow the law, they're much less likely to be successfully sued. All they have to do is not break the law.

* On second thought, don't. If you're in prison it's much less likely you'll be able to bother people via the internet.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 11-30-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    (snip) On second thought, don't. If you're in prison it's much less likely you'll be able to bother people via the internet.
    I think prisons allow some internet access...
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

I know some do, but it's limited compared to what people outside have.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I think prisons allow some internet access...
    Good to know ! Have a list of their speeds? Hope they don't have any filters ... I may need to know how to tunnel w/o using metallic tools....