• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry vs concealed carry....use your brain!!

crambone219

Now that i got your attention,,i just have to say when it comes down to open carry vs concealed carry ,,, you have to be smart about it.
do not open carry just to prevoke an incident so you can prove yourself lawfull for doing so!!...i see soo many people who think its cool to open carry just to "get a rise" out of people,law inforcement exct.STOP!!....dont do that crap if your one of them!!,,,,only thing this does is ruin it for the rest of us who know when to use descretion....thank you!!
with everything going on in the news,shooting,un gun bans moving forward,,,,,be smart!!..do not open carry in a damn movie theatre just after we just had the batman shooting!!!.....again,,,USE YOUR BRAINS..im not calling anyone out on this issue,,im just saying were all adults!...use descretion
WHY????????...because its the smart way to do things.

Fallschirjmäger

thread-again-jpg.36812

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
People are free to carry any way they choose, done legally. Why would you infringe on someone's right to carry (open of concealed)?

Your using the same reasons as the gov't uses to ban carry....

Fallschirjmäger

...i see soo many people who think its cool to open carry just to "get a rise" out of people,law inforcement exct.STOP!!....dont do that crap if your one of them!!,,,,only thing this does is ruin it for the rest of us who know when to use descretion....thank you!!

hello neighbor!,,,,im an open carrier (when its appropriate) living in GRIFFITH...i do not see many people open cary around our neck of the woods,,but occasionaly

I'm confused... are you saying you see too many people OC'ing or not many people OC'ing? Or, is it that you don't see many people OC'ing but of those rare people you do see OC'ing there are so many who are OC'ing to get attention?

cce1302

Now that i got your attention,,i just have to say when it comes down to open carry vs concealed carry ,,, you have to be smart about it.
do not open carry just to prevoke an incident so you can prove yourself lawfull for doing so!!...i see soo many people who think its cool to open carry just to "get a rise" out of people,law inforcement exct.STOP!!....dont do that crap if your one of them!!,,,,only thing this does is ruin it for the rest of us who know when to use descretion....thank you!!
with everything going on in the news,shooting,un gun bans moving forward,,,,,be smart!!..do not open carry in a damn movie theatre just after we just had the batman shooting!!!.....again,,,USE YOUR BRAINS..im not calling anyone out on this issue,,im just saying were all adults!...use descretion
WHY????????...because its the smart way to do things.

Quit being racist.

aa1911

if you think I OC because I want attention or OC just to make a statement, you've got quite a bit of reading to do on here. It's a freedom that not everyone has, how you choose to carry your self defense tools is of little importance really.

Wouldn't seeing a LAC with a gun in a movie theatre after a mass shooting be more comforting than alarming? course many people have their heads up their tailpipe and think guns are scary; where if everyone was armed, one nut case wouldn't get too far. How many mass shootings have there been at gun shows?

crambone219

People are free to carry any way they choose, done legally. Why would you infringe on someone's right to carry (open of concealed)?

Your using the same reasons as the gov't uses to ban carry....

.......................this is exactly what im talking about...not even willing to use common sense or descretion.
obviously another person who does not care about the rest,and YOU SIR are the reason we have problems and gun bans!!
its your way or the highway,and do you DO NOT THINK of what your doing while your doing it.

cce1302

.......................this is exactly what im talking about...not even willing to use common sense or descretion.
obviously another person who does not care about the rest,and YOU SIR are the reason we have problems and gun bans!!
its your way or the highway,and do you DO NOT THINK of what your doing while your doing it.

Isn't that what you came here for? To tell us to check with you to see if it's an appropriate time or place to be carrying openly?

Please give us a list of when and where your discretion tells you that I can't carry openly, so I don't have to wait for a response.

Also, you might consider using MS Word to type out your response, then run a spelling and grammar check before you C&P it here. It'll make communication a good deal easier.

ATM

Campaign Veteran
...i just have to say when it comes down to open carry vs concealed carry...

You didn't actually have to say it, but you went ahead and blurted it out anyway. That doesn't strike me as very smart or discretionary.

Did you post this just to provoke an incident or get a rise out of people here? Don't do that crap. It ruins it for the rest of us who know how to respect the entirety of our rights, rather than simply promoting our own personal preferences or biases.

Use your brain.

WalkingWolf

I find it ironic that a less than one month member with 10 posts comes onto a open carry site to diss open carry and says "use your brains".:uhoh:

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
You guys are looking at this all wrong. I mean, you should be more appreciative that crambone (ROFLMAO over this one, BTW) took precious time out of his busy schedule to come here and share his obviously superior insight into this subject with all of us who are just blinded by all the attention we get from open carrying. You people obviously aren't nearly appreciative enough.

MKEgal

cce1302 said:
Isn't that what you came here for? To tell us to check with you to see if it's an appropriate time or place to be carrying openly?
If you read his/her/its other posts, you've pretty much nailed the attitude.
Carrying in CA is bad, even if you do it according to the law. Protest, making a point, is bad.
OC is done to cause confrontation.
OCers are stupid and "nut jobs".
Only OC when it's "appropriate".

troll said:
do not open carry just to prevoke [sic] an incident so you can prove yourself lawfull [sic] for doing so
I suggest you read up on your state's self-defense laws, because I don't know of any place where what you suggest is lawful*. If you provoke an attack, you lose the right of self-defense until you withdraw from the conflict.

If you mean something more along the lines of "stop baiting police"... well, that's sort of like telling an undercover vice cop to stop baiting johns. If there's nothing bad there to begin with, they can't be baited. If the cops follow the law, they're much less likely to be successfully sued. All they have to do is not break the law.

* On second thought, don't. If you're in prison it's much less likely you'll be able to bother people via the internet.

Last edited: