Thread: Mo oc

Mo oc

Hello,

I grew up in MO, but have lived NC since joining the Army in 1993. Fortunatly NC supports Open Carry and except in a few cities, and we can OC in the same places you can CC. I will be traveling back to MO in Dec to visit famliy and was wanting to know if there is a list of counties or cities/towns that I can open carry in? I plan on staying in Jefferson and St. Genevieve counties and will be visiting the towns of Festus, Crystal City, Pevely, and Bloomsdale.

Glock19fan

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the cities you are visiting...so I can not speak specifically to each one.

However, I can say generally, you will need to research each individual municipality to determine what they do/don't allow as to OC. MO is OC friendly, but municipalities can/do regulate if OC is permissible or not.

There are a couple of good websites that can help: SullivanPublications, & Municode. These are just a start. If there are no restrictions located in the electronic codes, you still may want to contact the city to verify they haven't passed anything in the recent past that changes it.

Hope this helps and doesn't discourage.

Hopefully some folks that are familiar with your areas will chime in soon and give some local confirmation.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

I will call up the local police departements in those towns to get clairfication on it. Thank for the help.

Glock19fan

Re: Mo oc

Quote Originally Posted by Glock19fan View Post
    I will call up the local police departements in those towns to get clairfication on it. Thank for the help.

Glock19fan
    Never ask the police about the legality of OCing. They most likely will give their opinions (against OCing) instead of telling you whether it is legal or not. To know for sure, get a copy of the firearm ordinances from each town.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus97 View Post
    Never ask the police about the legality of OCing. They most likely will give their opinions (against OCing) instead of telling you whether it is legal or not. To know for sure, get a copy of the firearm ordinances from each town.
    +1

Do the research. It's more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock19fan View Post

Glock19fan
    I agree with those above; contacting the local police, more than likely, they will be giving their opinion, not legality of OC. I would contact the City Clerk, after researching online tools.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain