• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Black eye for chicago (though they deserve alot worse) 850K verdict/police behavior

OC for ME

The Mayor is confident that Superintendent McCarthy and his leadership team have not, and would not, approve of, let alone participate in, a code of silence,” spokeswoman Sarah Hamilton said in a statement.
Uh.....yeah, right.

And to the extent there are members of the department who have a different view, the Mayor is confident that McCarthy and his team will deal with that.
This here is the "We don't like snitches" quote. Those of a differing view are "marked men" professionally, it seems, within CPD.

Redbaron007

I want to see what the city will appeal on. This will help determine what their chances are for overturning the verdict....hence, if the city doesn't win...then the possibility of change internally is elevated. Time will tell.

FreeInAZ

[video=youtube;49kgG0s7lVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49kgG0s7lVk[/video]

From story SNIP:

For Abbate’s part, his attorney Michael Malatesta said that the verdict was not a surprise.

“We’ve all seen the video,” he said. “I think it was hard for the jurors to see past that.”

And Ekl added, “Without the video there wouldn’t be a case — Abbate would still be a police officer.”

This is why all citizens should carry some type of hidden video recording device. :eek: It's come to that in our "free land" where the watchers refuse to watch themselves.

Last edited: